Enough politics and bickering already..

March 26, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

Epic start to 2016….Gabi nailing her first ladder bridge.

From 2 years ago…

No…I will not share with anyone how to get to this spot.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 6, 2016, 6:22 p.m.

Beacon hill Park.

check your rep.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 7, 2016, 12:30 p.m.

Thanks man. I googled it and apparently it's a muddy trek all year. I guess gum boots are in order for this one.
ps. I follow you on Instagram now. You need more cat photos.

Gum boots don't help you when the mud is deeper than the gum boots are tall.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 7, 2016, 1:52 p.m.

Fantastic pics, as usual. This is the thread that can not be over pictofied…roll out all you can boys!
Which reminds me…might have some average stuff to add myself.

April 7, 2016, 3:18 p.m.

How did you do it?

Jumped from one wet root to another. It's not a long distance but be prepared for 2-3 hours of bullshit. Mind you I went middle of February it might be more better in the summer.

Instagram delete all my notifications for the past two days so I don't know what your handle is.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 7, 2016, 3:35 p.m.

In February we went to check out some abandoned buildings we caught word of. It is always amazing how fast the forest reclaims things.

April 7, 2016, 4:26 p.m.

Here are a few pics of our Easter trip to the west coast.

Not a bad view.

We may have had a bigger fire the second night…

Have to love car camping.

Nice to be on a beach that isn’t crowded.

See hummock, will climb.

Not a bad view!

View from another rock pillar.

Where we came from.

Memorial.

WW II prop.

Windswept coast.

Second boat of the day.

Evening rain.

Climbing down from a quadruple tier waterfall.

And one random.

April 7, 2016, 6:59 p.m.

Some waterfalls and slot canyon things..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 7, 2016, 9:35 p.m.

Northern Germany, almost a year ago. Yes, that's a freighter in the canal.

April 7, 2016, 9:37 p.m.

time to blow this wide.

April 9, 2016, 7:53 a.m.

went for a road trip through the southwestern states in febuary, down to southern utah for some hiking, across to las vegas to be a drunk ass-hole like everyone else, up part of the california coast to see some big trees then up the oregon coast to see the hipster circus in Portland. Fun times, couple pics of interesting things I saw along the way. Sorry for the big pictures, crooked horizons etc:

April 9, 2016, 3:07 p.m.

Memorial.

Curious, where is this? What does the lower lines read?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

April 9, 2016, 7:34 p.m.

Curious, where is this? What does the lower lines read?

The bottom lines read: 101 (North Island) Squadron, A.F.A.C - September 2006. It is a memorial on the North Island to remember a crashed US Navy Ventura PV-1 (six deceased after surviving for 5-6 months before the wreck was discovered on a routine Canadian air patrol). The plane was blown up with one of its unexploded bombs after five of the bodies were recovered (one guy tried to walk out but was never found) so there isn’t much left. I cropped the rest of the plaque out of the picture because it is in an area not many people visit and I don’t want to post the location.

April 9, 2016, 8:48 p.m.

The bottom lines read: 101 (North Island) Squadron, A.F.A.C - September 2006. It is a memorial on the North Island to remember a crashed US Navy Ventura PV-1 (six deceased after surviving for 5-6 months before the wreck was discovered on a routine Canadian air patrol). The plane was blown up with one of its unexploded bombs after five of the bodies were recovered (one guy tried to walk out but was never found) so there isn’t much left. I cropped the rest of the plaque out of the picture because it is in an area not many people visit and I don’t want to post the location.

No worries about the location.

Yeah, the 5-6 months would match the time period. Back then a great relative from my mothers family did radio repair, Spilsbury and Hepburn Ltd Marine Radio and Communications Technicians. During WW2 there was numerous look out posts on Vancouver Island and they according to what I have been told. Had the contract to maintain all the radios at those posts. Only way to get to nearly all was either boat or seaplane. Wonder if they knew about it? Unfortunately my Grandpa who would have heard it passed away almost 10 years ago. But even if he was still alive the Alzheimer's would probably have made it futile.

Is it okay to copy the pic and share with my Uncle? He spent years on Vancouver Island on fishing boats and such.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

April 9, 2016, 9:58 p.m.

No worries about the location.
Is it okay to copy the pic and share with my Uncle? He spent years on Vancouver Island on fishing boats and such.

Yes that’s fine, thanks for asking. Check your PMs.