Feb. 1, 2016, 8:35 p.m.

A Recent trip to Canadas Largest tree

Dawn over Nitinat lake

The tree in question…

It snowed a few weeks back..

Trip Up Mt Cokely

Coming down 5040 looking at Nahmint Mt

View of triple peak from 5040

The last outing we did in my truck before the engine quit was to visit some plane crash sites on the south island, one of which was only recently discovered and we only had a hunch of where it could be but found it anyways.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 1, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

Wheres that?

Van Isle! Sorry, this a spot that hasn’t been over run by people yet and I hope it stays that way (just drunk locals haha). It is one of those places I don’t tell people where it is, but am happy to take them there. If you spend enough time exploring you will definitely find it. Good luck!

Feb. 1, 2016, 8:44 p.m.

Nice pics. Cheewhat cedar? I don’t get down south often because there is so much to do up here, so it’s always nice to see photos of that end of the Island.

Feb. 1, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

Yup that's the one.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 1, 2016, 9:25 p.m.

In August it was back to sea. One day I would love to explore the Torngat Mountains in Northern Labrador.

Edward’s Cove (Voisey’s Bay Nickel Mine in Northern Labrador).

Sunsets never get old.

Uncharted waters.

Lookn’ aft.

Quebec City.

No shortage of traffic.

Thar she be.

QC.

QC.

QC.

QC.

The Maniak I.

Old ferry.

QC.

QC.

CSL Welland down bound.

30,0000 hp main engine.

Euronav vessel.

Loading arctic diesel.

Back in Newfoundland.

Feb. 2, 2016, 8:45 p.m.

Being back on the Island meant it was back to the hills. Managed to enjoy the first real snowfall on the way up to Century Sam Lake in November. This is probably one of the quickest places to access a glacier (less than 2 hrs in on a good trail) around here. Sadly it will be gone in no time if it keeps melting at the current rate.

Feb. 2, 2016, 9:06 p.m.

Never been to the comox glacier. Crazy ice caves eh. They sketch me out. I heard a big crash the first time I was up big interior.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 2, 2016, 9:36 p.m.

They are definitely sketchy. While up near Mount Robson an ice cave beside the one five of us were standing in front of collapsed. The crash was immense and the whole ground shook. We were not in a position of danger, but it was so loud we started to run before turning back around to have a look!

Feb. 3, 2016, 5:33 p.m.

Sorry to crowd this thread with photos. Swung a last minute trip up to the NI in November. The roads were intact and the weather held which was a relief. Did another trip in December to check out some more spots, but didn’t take too many pics.

Overcast skies.

I think I was first at this beach around 15 years ago. Sadly much has changed and it is for the worse. Hardly anyone used to come out here and when they did it seemed to be individuals with common sense and respect. I will refrain from ranting about my December 2014 visit, but we removed about eight wheel barrow loads of garbage and cleaned up all the food the last visitors had left (the mice were happy). This time when we arrived a bunch of yuppies had the place staked out so we left.

Big truck.

West coast!

Lotsa wood.

Classic beach.

Not too crowed! Just a dead whale and a couple of bears.

No sand here.

What a view!

Quite the bridge.

No shortage of gooseneck barnacles out there.

Exploration time.

A swing.

Sun!

Decent sized mussels.

Classic cabin night.

Sunrise view.

Feb. 5, 2016, 9:14 p.m.

I have so much to contribute here but I have no idea where to start.

Feb. 6, 2016, 4:27 p.m.

Nice pics FU, are you a stoker? Do you wear a particulate mask?

Seriously what do you do aboard?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 8, 2016, 4:08 p.m.

Nice pics FU, are you a stoker? Do you wear a particulate mask?

Seriously what do you do aboard?

I’m on deck - I have my Watchkeeping Mate cert.

Feb. 20, 2016, 7:38 p.m.

This was kind of a bitch to get too.
Worth it, and thank fuck for some sunshine.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 20, 2016, 8:53 p.m.

Some awesome pics in here guys! Looking forward to getting over to the Island in June, I've reserved my spot on the West Coast trail with a friend.

Feb. 28, 2016, 9:08 a.m.

I really love the Duffey

Ha Ha! Made you look.