Enough politics and bickering already..

Sept. 5, 2016, 7:51 p.m.

Due to the less than great weather forecast it was decided a trip in the mountains was not ideal. The Tahsish Kwois has been on my list for a while so this was the chance to explore it. Due to heavy rain the first day and several days prior the river was three feet higher than normal. This made travelling upstream more difficult. Overall it was a good trip, but we didn’t see any elk or bears, although that was probably because a chopper with a couple of fly fishing guests from Nimmo Bay buzzed the entire valley about three times.

Rainey paddle down the inlet.

Approaching the estuary.

High tide.

Heading up river.

The confluence of the Kwois and Tahsish.

Morning after the deluge of rain.

Good fishing spot.

Foam means turbulence…

Wedged log.

Cool rock walls.

Up the Kwois.

Good sized tree.

Mossy forest.

Kwois Valley.

Headed down river.

Sept. 18, 2016, 10:07 a.m.

Way cool Fraser!

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 3, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

Way cool Fraser!

Thanks. Looks like you had great weather for your trip, I’ve only been all the way to the Cape in December…

Took a few friends for an adventure this weekend. After consulting the forecast we went with Plan B and headed north to do our best at avoiding the rain. It was an excellent trip and an eye opening experience for one guy who had never hiked off trail in his life. There was some solid bushwhacking, snow, ice, deadly slick steep heather slopes and scrambling.

End of the logging road where we parked.

Wasn’t long before we were in the cloud.

Little bit of ice.

Frozen wasteland with zero visibility.

Summit views.

Pretty steep terrain. Should’ve brought the helmets for this one…

Biggest cave I’ve ever been in.

Salamander.

New day, new summit.

Views were in and out.

West Coast.

Descent out of the intermittent cloud.

The Horn.

Lots of rock.

Oct. 4, 2016, 6:53 a.m.

awesome pics as usual Fraser! Thanks for sharing

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 1, 2017, 9:20 a.m.

So I went to Finale Ligure for a few days of riding in the sun, in retrospect I really scratch my head wondering why I have not done this before, eleven hours of driving and I am sitting at the Mediterranean sipping Cappuccino after a great day of riding great singletrack.

I basically just experimented with the camera, since it has been quite some time that I took photos with a camera where you can change the settings.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 2, 2017, 7:23 p.m.

Well today didnt suck..happy new year ya fucks.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 18, 2017, 8:50 a.m.

Lets see if we can revive an old post.. anyone do anything cool over the winter?

took a 2 week trip with the gf to check out some more national parks I hadn't seen in the southwest USA.  Back to Zion for the 3rd time now, Bryce Canyon,  Capitol Reef, and Arches National Park.  Highlight was Bryce Canyon for sure but they all have their own appeal.  Mostly just hiking and sightseeing; I kind of lost interest in bikes a while ago and it's much easier to travel and live in the back of a van when you don't have $10k in gear hanging off the back.

Let's see if I can figure out how to post an attachment or two.

April 18, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

Have a shit ton of back country ski pics. Was hard to leave the region with the snow conditions so great.
Still can't figure out how to post them here without a URL

April 18, 2017, 12:38 p.m.

We'll work on streamlining image attachments so they automatically show inline in the message and clicking the link will open the image instead of downloading it.

In the meantime, you can also upload to our photo gallery. Just click on 'Photos' at the top of the page, then 'Upload your photos'. To use any of your uploaded photos in a forum post, right click on the photo and copy the image URL ('Copy Image Address' in Chrome). In the forum post use the image button in the toolbar and paste the image URL.

April 18, 2017, 5:17 p.m.

So like.. who is buxbux?

i should update my thread even though nsmb doesnt shower me with likes like Instagram and facebook does

Sept. 2, 2020, 9:50 p.m.

Try the YellowBelly burger at YellowBelly brewery & pub on Water Street in St. John's. So good washed down with a cold brew.

Sept. 3, 2020, 5:24 p.m.

ask and ye shall receive... in no particular order from the past 3 years I guess.

Sept. 3, 2020, 7:01 p.m.

Awesome. Great inspiration.

Sept. 3, 2020, 7:27 p.m.

Awesome pics.

Is that a whale vertebrate?

Sept. 3, 2020, 9:08 p.m.

Great photos -- since it seems topical, anyone got suggestions for a less crowded backpacking trip for this weekend? Anything under 50km...

Manning has been slammed lately. We were hiking out the other day and passed 39 incoming with overnight packs. Just bonkers.