Electricians

Sept. 2, 2015, 4:25 a.m.

For reference I'm 33 years old and I have my grade 10 but I know how to work and I'm pretty good at figuring out how to do stuff.

Your grade 10 isn't the same as the old diamond driller I worked with, is it? He figured he had a grade 10 education because he failed grade 5 twice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 2, 2015, 5:42 a.m.

Your grade 10 isn't the same as the old diamond driller I worked with, is it? He figured he had a grade 10 education because he failed grade 5 twice.

At least his math skills were on point.

Sept. 2, 2015, 5:55 a.m.

Maybe I'm kindergarten then. I passed 10 but failed 11.I probably could have passed…if I had gone to any classes.

www.natooke.com

Sept. 2, 2015, 8:48 a.m.

Well you don't start off with 7 weeks holidays. Most likely start with 3 weeks [HTML_REMOVED] after 20 plus years it would be around 7 weeks. Alot of places have a 37 1/2 hour week. That's 5 days a week of 7 1/2 hour days (no lunch breaks). As far as overtime goes, I say it's good. You're spending more time at work away from your family [HTML_REMOVED] hobbies, they should pay you more. You still have to be there to get it. The good pensions like PSPP are all employee funded. No one is giving you anything…it's all earned.

I didn't say they don't deserve it. But for those established guys (maybe they've paid off their mortgages, their kids have left home, they've saved all their lives and they have 35+ years experience in the trades) its all about lifestyle and not about the money anymore.

Sept. 2, 2015, 10:01 a.m.

Sasco and Mott are my favorite electrical / data tel guys to work with.

You have a different experience to me then, but saying that we had some less gifted superintendents running the show on my last job with Mott

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Sept. 2, 2015, 11 a.m.

Sasco and Mott are my favorite electrical / data tel guys to work with.

My wife completed her pre-app this year and has recently joined Mott for the 1st year apprenticeship. She plans to go to BCIT next year.

I've also heard mixed reports about Mott.

Sept. 2, 2015, 12:32 p.m.

My wife completed her pre-app this year and has recently joined Mott for the 1st year apprenticeship. She plans to go to BCIT next year.

I've also heard mixed reports about Mott.

My experience them is on site, as I work closely with electricians on a regular bases. They are always accommodating and quick to help out. Status and Powerpro's I'd have to say are on the bottom of my list for contrast.

I have no idea how it is to work for any of those companies though.

Sept. 3, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

Treeline and power pros are the best, if you know the right people. But in my 20 yrs in the trades it's more of if you're good to them they'll be good to you. Dinks get treated as Dinks.

Sept. 3, 2015, 1:02 p.m.

Pretty certain the PreApp course gives you 320 hrs towards your first year if a company indentures you.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 3, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

To get into BCIT HVAC[HTML_REMOVED]R program I wrote a mechanical placement and a math skills placement - EASY. The wait list was 2 years from there. That part sucked. The work is far more interesting than any other trade I've seen - but as has been mentioned it can be very hard physically and mentally. Industrial electrical looks interesting but to get there I believe you need gifted electrician and put in your time.

Sept. 3, 2015, 9:09 p.m.

You have a different experience to me then, but saying that we had some less gifted superintendents running the show on my last job with Mott

I normally work sites with between 4-8 sparkies, I can generally go to any man Mott has on my the site (obvious juniors exempt) with an issue and its taken care of.

I do systems furniture and modular walls, we generally fuck the shit out of a site when we arrive. It makes everyones life easier to accommodate us I guess. Since our product is the visual end of a project, it has to be aesthetically perfect… We can't accomplish that unless the other trades pull their weight. Our ace in the hole is the fact the General Contractor usually dreads dealing with designers and the end user, so we get what we need.