Edward Snowden

July 5, 2013, 10:35 p.m.

grade 1 class, hello my name is booz, how do you do?

July 5, 2013, 11:35 p.m.

Emerson Boozer

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 5, 2013, 11:51 p.m.

brilliant.

that's going in the bank for the next time KenN unequivocally states that no good at all can come from religion.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 6, 2013, 12:11 a.m.

The Truth or the Tribe?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 6, 2013, 8:03 a.m.

that's going in the bank for the next time KenN unequivocally states that no good at all can come from religion.

Well, for there to be a "next" time, there logically needs to be a first time.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 7, 2013, 8:30 p.m.

Well, for there to be a "next" time, there logically needs to be a first time.

Kn.

The flowchart states "….the following rules are obyed". By the Charter of KenN rules, the entire diagram is now suspect, unreliable as a source of information and by the Constitution of NBR is henceforth declared null and void. The case is dismissed on a technicality.

July 7, 2013, 8:53 p.m.

While the Times did not publish any of the rulings, it says that they are over 100 pages long and show that FISA court judges are redefining their roles by “regularly assessing broad constitutional questions and establishing important judicial precedents, with almost no public scrutiny, according to current and former officials familiar with the court’s classified decisions.

Deals with foreign cable owners, secret court rulings broaden NSA spying potential
Leaked documents and other sources show some of the structure behind surveillance.

This is a great comment on why this matters:

One important reason to defend our rights entirely instead of carving out exceptions is because each exception makes the next exception that much easier to justify and that much more palatable to those who see the status quo as a source of morality. The government never should have had the authority to mandate searches at airports or run sobriety checkpoints. Judges' prevarication made such policies possible and opened the door to greater abuse.

July 9, 2013, 12:04 p.m.

Maybe some of the older users remember the glory days of the Cold War, and the apparent end of the Cold War at the end of the 80s, beginning of the 90s - roughly a decade before the masses hopped onto the back-then brand new Internet buzz train.

It seems as if the CIA and the NSA did the same thing back then - just not in the digital version, but in the version of giant mountains of tapes, phone lines, etc.

There were funny-looking "golf ball" look-alike stations in some parts of Western Europe's forests that contained technology to listen to radio waves, hack into phone lines and get all the necessary information that kept the "free world" free and the psychopathic commies behind their Iron Curtain.

If the issues at present were not such a damn sickening story, it could have the potential to be funny, in a twisted and ironic way of sorts.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 9, 2013, 12:34 p.m.

This stuff pisses me off, but who here didn't already "know" that the government (especially the Merican Gubmint), was using every data mining tactic they could to snoop on what we are doing? The only reason I don't get more worked up about it is that I don't have anything interesting to hide. I also don't think any laws, new or old, will stop them, it will just push these projects further into the shadows.

July 9, 2013, 12:50 p.m.

In a time when our own government is trying to brand environmentalists as "radicals" or worse, "terrorists", I really think they have no business knowing about what I say in email or what I read on the net.

We have a government that will call me an enemy of the state for nothing other than opposing a pipeline. They can GTFO my private comms.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 9, 2013, 1:30 p.m.

We have a government that will call me an enemy of the state for nothing other than opposing a pipeline. They can GTFO my private comms.

Kn.

"All your private com are belong to us" - the NSA. There is no such thing as private comms anymore (not that there ever was anyway). Privacy is dead.

July 9, 2013, 1:34 p.m.

The reality is this. Nobody likes a fucking tattle-tail.

Wrong. Always.

July 9, 2013, 3:30 p.m.

In a time when our own government is trying to brand environmentalists as "radicals" or worse, "terrorists", I really think they have no business knowing about what I say in email or what I read on the net.

Kn.

Doubt they are actually listening or reading every bit of what you spew or write. That would take up to much man power and man hours. The system will be rigged to look for flag words. Things like pressure cookers, fertilizer, and any other specific word.

If the flag is set off they would then take a closer look. So if you are a farmer buying up 3 tonnes of fertilizer and actually have a farm once they do the check they will move on. Now if you are trying to buy all that fertilizer and have no farm and aren't running a business that sells that suff. Of course they will start probing a little further.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 9, 2013, 3:38 p.m.

^^^^

Visual analytics … statistical patterns and relationships are analyzed (phone calls, emails, texts, travel, purchases, downloads) and ones that fit a certain profile deemed to be "suspicious" are looked into further. Sure, there are ways to beat the system and sure, there are ways to get targeted doing completely innocent. But that kind of interpretation/misinterpretation is true of any kind of analysis, whether it is observing a stranger approaching you on the street or your partner's busy new schedule.

And then there is the "Hitler Algorithm" …

You want privacy, ditch your cellphone, your computer, your ATM card, your credit card, your car, stop using "Allah Akhbar" as the sig on your emails etc and you'll be much harder to track.

July 9, 2013, 3:47 p.m.

The thing with all of this that I see happening is any truly diabolical terror mastermind will know to avoid all of this and go off grid. It can't be that hard to put together a plan using smoke screens on all your purchases and code words on obscure chat sites to avoid triggering any software sifting through the sea of data. Judging from the videos OBL used to put out there it is pretty obvious these guys can operate low tech. All of this money just to go after the weakest terrorist links like these 2 morons seems like a waste of time unless there is a million other reasons from the government's perspective to horde all this data that have nothing to do with terror… but they wouldn't do that I am sure. Right guys?? :rolleyes: [HTML_REMOVED]- This is for you NSA.