easiest/most fun university courses

Dec. 15, 2010, 10:41 p.m.

Archeology (anth 104) is a super easy and decently interesting class. The tests and midterms were straight out of the textbook and like half multiple choice… oh arts/first year classes

Dec. 15, 2010, 10:50 p.m.

How about a basic first or second year wood course? Assuming you are not in wood (cons, mgnt?) Wood 280 was pretty damn easy, identify bits of wood yo!
Out of forestry, Visa 180 is a pretty easy intro course. Drawing naked people was the major drawback but it was fun in a "go and draw for 3 hours a week" way..

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Dec. 15, 2010, 10:53 p.m.

How about a basic first or second year wood course? Assuming you are not in wood (cons, mgnt?) Wood 280 was pretty damn easy, identify bits of wood yo!
Out of forestry, Visa 180 is a pretty easy intro course. Drawing naked people was the major drawback but it was fun in a "go and draw for 3 hours a week" way..

I bet diggler's mom is the dean of the wood department.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Dec. 15, 2010, 10:54 p.m.

Shit man, it even uses this book for realz

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Dec. 15, 2010, 11:58 p.m.

Organizational Behaviour was pretty fun. Not super interesting, but good to know stuff.

Dec. 16, 2010, 5:03 a.m.

Yeah, I totally approve of the astronomy choice… I took an astronomy course once at the UofC and it was interesting, easy, and I skipped half of the lectures/labs and still wound up with a 94% or something. There was literally no work, and the labs were things like: If it's a clear night, observe the moon's position in the sky over several hours, hahaha.

I also took a first year art class as an elective (in my 4th year) and I would not recommend it unless you have a LOT of time on your hands. I spent more time trying to finish my half-assed paintings/drawings than I spent studying for the classes that actually mattered.

Good luck!

Astrology is always a good choice too, haha!

Dec. 16, 2010, 5:28 a.m.

if your leaning towards space you probably won't care too much but the best, most interesting courses I took in undergrad were History of the Civil Rights Movement; History of Technology; and History of WWII

Dec. 16, 2010, 9:35 a.m.

There was a 4th year Geogrpahy course on avalanches when I was there. That would be my vote for interesting. I would follow that up with either rocks for jocks or oceanography as back ups. Astronomy makes this list only if Jamie Matthews is teaching.

For just an easy grade, econ 100.

Dec. 16, 2010, 9:53 a.m.

lolz….almost as bad as some of the engineering books I own…

Shit man, it even uses this book for realz

for shizzle - on my bookshelf…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Dec. 16, 2010, 10:24 a.m.

There was a 4th year Geogrpahy course on avalanches when I was there. That would be my vote for interesting. I would follow that up with either rocks for jocks or oceanography as back ups. Astronomy makes this list only if Jamie Matthews is teaching.

For just an easy grade, econ 100.

Pretty sure that's "Snow and Ice Processes" though I think it's only offered in first term. My buddies took it and the prof scheduled the exam in late November so he could have more time to ski. :cool:

Dec. 16, 2010, 10:26 a.m.

Econ and History are two faculties I stay as far away from as possible. Physical Geography (not Human/Arts Geography) and Art History are my favourite "fun" courses.

Physical Geography (UBC calls it Environmental Biogeoscience) is great for learning about the world around you; Art History is less of the "war and politics" side of things than regular History, which is my preferred way to get into that stuff.

Astronomy looks like a good choice, might have some physics involved depending on how the faculty runs it. Any math prereqs, and are you OK with that?

flickr

Dec. 16, 2010, 1:46 p.m.

Astronomy looks like a good choice, might have some physics involved depending on how the faculty runs it. Any math prereqs, and are you OK with that?

yeah math is no biggie. i've got all my calculus and 1st year engineering physics.

ASTR 101 Introduction to the Solar System
ASTR 102 Introduction to Stars and Galaxies
ASTR 201 Stellar Astrophysics

those are my options… i'll probably take the 102 but it would be badass to tell people i'm in Stellar Astrophysics

Dec. 16, 2010, 6:46 p.m.

forgot to mention. I took a Physics of Music class when at UBC. It was not open to Science students I think and was REALLY dumbed down, sometimes a little too much. I had done 1st year calc already and did phys 12 and found it super easy but at the same time was pretty interesting if you have any interest in musical instruments.

Dec. 16, 2010, 6:53 p.m.

Geog 100

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 16, 2010, 10:18 p.m.

i'm also a forestry student at UBC (sciences). i took ANTH200 (human evolution) last year and not only is the prof very knowledgeable (worked at max planck inst.) its pretty interesting. the course basically follows human evolution from the big bang to present day. you write two papers and two multiple choice exams in the class and watch movies for ~8 classes. also the class was in the FSC last year too so that was a plus. got a 70 without studying and putting in too much effort. frst231 (intro biometrics) is a 2nd pick for me, its also super easy… pretty much get unlimited formula sheets for both exams.