Drugs Inc.

Jan. 19, 2012, 1:46 p.m.

Police cracking down on MDMA (the chemical that is supposed to be what ecstasy is) production in BC making it harder to get the right chemicals and causing cooks to use alternatives. This means PMMA is in some ecstasy pills and it can be deadly. However, MDMA is relatively safe by itself; if you read the news the deaths are usually related to an adulterant in the pill, overheating, or drinking too much water (so if you take MDMA don't do that). As well as this, the police don't want to tell people what the PMMA cut pills look like because they don't want folks thinking everything else is safe. Weird situation really.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Tough+ecstasy+laws+spark+turn+toxic+alternative+expert/6010919/story.html

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Laced+ecstasy+linked+five+deaths/5994933/story.html

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120114/ecstasy-deaths-calgary-pmma-drugs-20120114/

Jan. 19, 2012, 4:07 p.m.

people who abstain from drugs scare me

Jan. 19, 2012, 4:18 p.m.

The odds of overdosing from "MDMA" or "Ecstasy" are still about as low as winning the Lotto Max but still, that is definitely scary.

Jan. 19, 2012, 4:31 p.m.

I've heard from some of the old-timers in my life that there used to be an Alcohol Rehab Centre For the Stars in New Westminster and they treated Marilyn Monroe, Perry Mason and few others who escape me at the moment. Apparently LSD was one of the prescribed medications!

Although I've heard from the same people that back in the day in New West all you had to do was dial "9" on the phone and a special ambulance would arrive and take the person you dialed "9" about to the funny farm. In New West there were groups of people (some kids) who wore special uniforms and they all had bowl cuts. They were called "niners." :lol:

Wrong. Always.

Jan. 19, 2012, 5:48 p.m.

abstain from drugs.. is that university term for dealer?

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Jan. 19, 2012, 8:34 p.m.

Generally, that's true, but the recent deaths have been from toxic reactions to impurities in the drug.

Now if it was regulated and taxed (like alcohol and nicotine) we wouldn't have this problem.

Moonshine (200 proof) can kill you just as dead as bad E - that's why you can't buy 200 proof liquor at the liquor store…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Jan. 19, 2012, 11:18 p.m.

just watched the hallucinogens episode and there was some interesting stuff, never heard of cluster headaches before that and it was cool to see another medicinal use of psilocybin. a lot of bull shit in the series though, the expert in that episode said DMT is dangerous and shouldn't be available to people out side of a therapeutic setting and the hash episode opens with a goof saying it will give you psychosis.

Jan. 19, 2012, 11:23 p.m.

As well as this, the police don't want to tell people what the PMMA cut pills look like because they don't want folks thinking everything else is safe. Weird situation really.

you cant tell whats in a pill based off of physical characteristics. if someone is pressing pills they can press any design, colour, shape they desire. not like the police could even tell you if they wanted to, they'd be wrong at some point and then its on them.

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/

Jan. 20, 2012, 1 a.m.

…and the hash episode opens with a goof saying it will give you psychosis.

You haven't tried Turkish Troy hash…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 20, 2012, 10:11 a.m.

you cant tell whats in a pill based off of physical characteristics. if someone is pressing pills they can press any design, colour, shape they desire. not like the police could even tell you if they wanted to, they'd be wrong at some point and then its on them.

No, but if every "pink dolphin" they came across was adulterated with something harmful and they released that information then wouldn't less people be taking it? Could be a huge batch made with all the same markings. It's not saying everything else is safe, it's just saying those particular ones are more risky at that point in time, so maybe don't eat 'em.

"Don't eat the brown acid" - it's not saying all the acid is good besides brown, it's just saying down eat the brown stuff.