Drilling Leases Scrapped in Utah - Renegade Bidder Wins!

Feb. 6, 2009, 10:56 a.m.

In south america ,africa ,the congo , nigeria … you would just shoot them all and then pay some guy who has lots of assitants carrying ak47's

Feb. 6, 2009, 11:09 a.m.

Those are just some places that came to mind where you CAN just shoot locals … up here only the RCMP do it

Feb. 8, 2009, 12:10 p.m.

This might sound like good news to people that don't live in the area and don't know the history of the area. But really its not good for trail building. How do you think all the original trails were built? From the original oil drilling and uranium mining. With out them there would be no trails there. It would be like ending logging in Canada. Where do you think all the access roads for all the DH/FR trails came from?

Feb. 8, 2009, 12:34 p.m.

Without protests, and the regulation they result in, primary extraction companies would take the cheapest (ie most destructive) method every time. In general, protests keep these companies honest. Not necessarily because anyone's particularly evil, it's just part of the nature of capitalism - he who does it cheapest wins.

The mining and drilling cos need the protesters to keep them honest; the protesters need the extraction cos to keep their communities and vehicles working. Now everyone hug.

Feb. 8, 2009, 12:37 p.m.

i agree they would do stuff like that in nigeria and the congo, but never would they do it in africa

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Feb. 8, 2009, 12:52 p.m.

Those are just some places that came to mind where you CAN just shoot locals … up here only the RCMP do it

Nigeria, Congo AND Africa? Amazing.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 8, 2009, 1:12 p.m.

Has anyone ignored the debate and jumped on a minor Geographical oversight in XXX_er's comment yet? 'Cause that would really add to the quality of this thread. I can't believe you guys overlook this stuff.

Feb. 8, 2009, 2:06 p.m.

Has anyone ignored the debate and jumped on a minor Geographical oversight in XXX_er's comment yet? 'Cause that would really add to the quality of this thread. I can't believe you guys overlook this stuff.

are you new here or something ?

I know those are places are in africa

give me a break I barely made it out of highschool,which I don't rememebr anyhow

In any case the point is between jumping thru enviro hoops,the 1st nation land claim hassles , the nimbie hassles its too expensive [HTML_REMOVED] too much hassle to operate in BC and much easier to go to south america or anywhere the local don't have a say … like alberta

Feb. 9, 2009, 9:43 a.m.

You need to get on board with the 'spirit of NBR' … pronto!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 9, 2009, 9:45 a.m.

i've been the the congo , but i still really want to see africa as well

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Feb. 9, 2009, 10:07 a.m.

i've been the the congo , but i still really want to see africa as well

It's too far to travel to Africa. You were better off just visiting Congo.

Feb. 9, 2009, 10:09 a.m.

In south america ,africa ,the congo , nigeria … you would just shoot them all and then pay some guy who has lots of assitants carrying ak47's

thanks man i didn't know i was the same as africa and the congo… and nigeria.

Feb. 9, 2009, 10:10 a.m.

thanks man i didn't know i was the same as africa and the congo.

FTW

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Feb. 9, 2009, 10:33 a.m.

oh yeah and how did i miss this jewel:

Those are just some places that came to mind where you CAN just shoot locals

are you on crack ?

Feb. 9, 2009, 10:36 a.m.

oh yeah and how did i miss this jewel:

are you on crack ?

Hes High on Coal Bed Methane