dont bring a gun to a snowball fight

Dec. 21, 2009, 7:58 p.m.

it was provoked by a targeted attack.

You're an idiot

▲ We Do.

Dec. 21, 2009, 8:02 p.m.

Just imagine if they had staplers instead of snowballs.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 21, 2009, 10:42 p.m.

perfect example of no respect - on both sides.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Dec. 22, 2009, 9:24 a.m.

i can't go with the idea that hitting a car with a snowball is a "provoked attack" worthy of drawing a weapon over…

that said, probably not a great idea to peg random cars with snowballs

but who's kidding. we've all done it

Dec. 22, 2009, 9:45 a.m.

i can't go with the idea that hitting a car with a snowball is a "provoked attack" worthy of drawing a weapon over…

like i said, lack of respect on both sides.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 22, 2009, 9:46 a.m.

My point was that to throw something at a moving vehicle is a crime in so many
states (if not all). But then again, I had been known to throw water balloons at
cars on hot summer days as a kid. I loved the people with convertibles. I believe
the thinking is that you could distract the driver to the point they crash.

Now on that road, I don't think he'd be driving too fast. But then again, he is
driving a hummer.

I read on a DC news site that the cops first said the detective was driving to a
call, but when it got so much media attention they changed their story to, he was
a off duty officer driving his personal car (but it looked like "gov" plate to me
on the video?). He's on desk duty till the incident can be fully investigated and
he is looking at "severe disciplinary action or dismissal over this.

article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/21/AR2009122101233.html

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 22, 2009, 10:32 a.m.

My point was that to throw something at a moving vehicle is a crime in so many
states (if not all).

i'm not denying it's illegal, but i mean come on…

if it's on a highway where it could cause and accident, that's one thing. but hitting a car at a stoplight, that's just juvenile fun. not malicious, just juvenile.

in summation: people need to lighten up…

Dec. 22, 2009, 10:43 a.m.

Oh, I agree 100%. I think the cop took it to a whole 'nother level. He could have
shown his badge, said don't throw snowballs at moving cars and left it at that.
Of, maybe he did and they kept throwing snowballs at him. In which case, he should
have called for "backup" and dealt with them that way.

Or better yet, he could have just kept driving. How long can a snowball fight last
anyway?

Dec. 22, 2009, 10:44 a.m.

perfect example of no respect - on both sides.

you think the guy with the gun deserved respect?

i would beg to differ.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Dec. 22, 2009, 10:48 a.m.

Has anyone even asked the question … was the vehicle intentionally hit, or was it just "collateral damage"? I mean, this was a huge group of kids whipping snowballs every which way, so who's to say that the Hummer was targeted?

I mean, if we're having a discussion about the legality of throwing snowballs at cars, then we have to bring this point up too.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 22, 2009, 10:54 a.m.

I only brought up the legality to bring to light the reason the cop got involved in
the first place. I'm not in any way saying his actions were proper.

Dec. 22, 2009, 11 a.m.

Am I the only one that thinks throwing snowballs at cars in funny. That is a right of passage. My truck was ambushed last winter, and if I had the time I would have pulled over and pelted the little bastards with snowballs… because it's fun.

Cop is a mega douche.

Dec. 22, 2009, 11:04 a.m.

Am I the only one that thinks throwing snowballs at cars in funny. That is a right of passage. My truck was ambushed last winter, and if I had the time I would have pulled over and pelted the little bastards with snowballs… because it's fun.

Cop is a mega douche.

I got hammered by so many snowballs last year. I thought it was funny. In Hawaii
you get firecrackers thrown at you during New Years and the 4th of July.

I think the cop is one of those guys who snap if they see you bump their car with
your ass when your getting in your car because there's no room because the ass
took two stalls on a Sunday at the mall 5 days before Christmas.

Seriously, the guy drives a hummer, the fact that he's a douche is a given, no?

Dec. 22, 2009, 11:29 a.m.

you think the guy with the gun deserved respect?

i would beg to differ.

lack of respect for a man and his property. what gives these people the right to decided that they get to pelt someone else's vehicle with snowballs? packed tight enough and thrown hard enough a snowball can easily dent a vehicle.

you want some punk denting your ride by throwing a snowball at it? how about scaring the shit out of your wife or kids when they hit the window as your drive along?

it's not a situation of harmless fun, it's a big FU, i don't give a shit about you or your property and i'm gonna do what i want.

i'm not saying that flashing the gun was necessarily the right thing to do but do you honestly think if the guy got out and told this group to stop what they were doing they would have listened?

basically i see a bunch of waste of skin shitheads that figure cause they're ina group they can do whatever the hell they feel like without any regard to the people they are disturbing.

like i said, lack of respect.

it's the same as people who can't bother to say thanks when you hold a door open for them or people that can't be bothered to hold a door open for someone else. it's the same as some asshole who won't give up his seat on the bus for a pregnant woman or an elderly lady. it's all about not giving a shit about anybody but yourself.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 22, 2009, 11:33 a.m.

like i said, lack of respect.

it's the same as people who can't bother to say thanks when you hold a door open for them or people that can't be bothered to hold a door open for someone else. it's the same as some asshole who won't give up his seat on the bus for a pregnant woman or an elderly lady. it's all about not giving a shit about anybody but yourself.

This ^.

I think people have trouble understanding your ability to summarize the entire incident in one phrase.