Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Feb. 23, 2017, 2:55 a.m.

Why you all ignoring the refugee rape culture in Europe…mainstream media has you gulping up its programming?

Are you serious with this statement?

IF you do not want to ignore what is apparently happening in Europe (according to your opinion and intetestingly enough to right-wing/populist media as well) THEN you have to take all the violence against women into account.

Example: Dozens of rapes during the Octoberfest in Munich each fucking year. Not committed by immigrants but by ordinary and white German citizens.

Last week there was a One Billion Rising event/flashmob/dance in a neighbouring town. I took part in it.

I assume that there was one in Vancouver as well, or wherever you live.

So, how was it?

Of course you did take part in a demonstration against domestic and sexual violence against women and children, since you are so concerned about the safety of the women in Europe. And what good is the safety of women and children in Europe if every third woman experiences one form of violence in her life, globally speaking.

By the way, in the flashmob where I was and in neighbouring towns as well, there were refugees taking part as well, men and women, from African countries and countries from the Levante.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 23, 2017, 3:31 a.m.

https://theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/22/get-out-review-jordan-peele-writer-director-liberal-white-racism

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 23, 2017, 10:23 a.m.

https://theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/22/get-out-review-jordan-peele-writer-director-liberal-white-racism

First 20 seconds will do….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLflLdIJeMw

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 23, 2017, 10:29 a.m.

Why you all ignoring the refugee rape culture in Europe…mainstream media has you gulping up its programming?

the ones in germany?

https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/1587/umfrage/vergewaltigung-und-sexuelle-noetigung/

down, not up. where is your god now?

Feb. 23, 2017, 10:38 a.m.

It's precious "the press" is all in tears now. They were well onto their way of bullshit irrelevance when Chomsky called them out thirty years ago.

Call me when 95% of "the press" isn't owned by a few entities. Until then, they are a major reason why Trump and friends are running the show.

Correct.

Opinions and conspiracy theories aside;

10 Corporation sell 75% of goods we buy.
6 Corporations sell 90% of media we buy.

Thats approximately 300 board members and a handful of CEO.

The whole "elites control everything" isn't a conspiracy, its a fact of business.

I'm going to repeat this till blue in the face;

None of this has anything to do with race, colour, sexuality, nationality, party affiliations, those are distractions to turn billions of people against each other while literally a room full of people accumulates wealth that surpasses the 7 billion below them.

Feb. 23, 2017, 12:22 p.m.

Are you serious with this statement?

IF you do not want to ignore what is apparently happening in Europe (according to your opinion and intetestingly enough to right-wing/populist media as well) THEN you have to take all the violence against women into account.

Example: Dozens of rapes during the Octoberfest in Munich each fucking year. Not committed by immigrants but by ordinary and white German citizens.

Last week there was a One Billion Rising event/flashmob/dance in a neighbouring town. I took part in it.

I assume that there was one in Vancouver as well, or wherever you live.

So, how was it?

Of course you did take part in a demonstration against domestic and sexual violence against women and children, since you are so concerned about the safety of the women in Europe. And what good is the safety of women and children in Europe if every third woman experiences one form of violence in her life, globally speaking.

By the way, in the flashmob where I was and in neighbouring towns as well, there were refugees taking part as well, men and women, from African countries and countries from the Levante.

I thought it was media hype until I asked an old girlfriend who is now a police officer in Oslo. ( I spent a winter there years back). It is a mess in Scandinavia, and yes the attacks are rampant. Hope they can fix it.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Feb. 23, 2017, 1:30 p.m.

And lending their ears to the PMO and whoever else will give them a full-time job. 9 former journalists to have joined either the PMO or other Liberal cabinet Ministers offices in the last 6 months:

Michael Den Tandt - PMO
Mark Kennedy - Comms Director - Treasury Board
Bruce Cheadle - Comms Director - Government House Leader
James Cudmore - Office of the Minister of Defence
Patricia Bell (CBC) - Press Secretary/Legislative assistant, Fisheries
James Fitz-Morris - Comms Director - Minister of Indigenous Affairs
David Taylor
Steve Rennie
Dan Gardiner

but….Trump. He's the narcissist with all the problems

The revolving door of influence is total BS, whether it is journalists or lobbyists or CEOs. Getting outside influence out of politics is a bipartisan issue, I agree with you.

But… Trump is a narcissist with the attention span of a 6 year old with ADHD in math class and his effect globally is much greater than Trudeau.

Feb. 23, 2017, 1:58 p.m.

You'd be incorrect in thinking that I don't appreciate your views; on the contrary, your views are one of the few I look forward to seeing. They are often witty with a touch of humour - you know, social media. But your response once again furthers my original point that you went off about - so I'll leave you to ponder why before putting words in someone's mouth again.

I wasn't even on this board for 6 months and this thread is 119 pages of NBR's finest going off about how someone else is, in their opinions, a narcissist. I'm late to the game, just smiling and watching the never ending finger pointing.

Oh sure, use the Jedi mind trick used by wives through the centuries of making me figure out what the problem is. That's just playing unfairly.

I think I know what you are saying… maybe. that liberals look down their noses at the rural conservative and create the divide? I can't deny that, although the reverse is equally true.

I do get frustrated with rural conservative voters, especially in the US, because I feel they are constantly being duped but their dislike of urban America makes them resist voting anyone but Republicans who pander to their socially conservative views. I strongly believe that if America shifted policy to the left that most people in the country would benefit. They need national healthcare. They need to reduce corporate welfare. They need a better education system. They need to stop wasting time arguing about trannies in bathrooms and who is coming for all the guns.

I am not sure we have the same level is gamesmanship in Canadian politics and I don't get as worked up about it either, even though it is my country.

For me, I will decide my thoughts on the Liberal government after another year or so, but so far they have shit the bed on electoral reform which is a big one. Weed is next, and I will see how the infrastructure spending has gone before the next election. Those three things were why I voted for them.

Feb. 23, 2017, 5:39 p.m.

I do get frustrated with rural conservative voters, especially in the US, because I feel they are constantly being duped but their dislike of urban America makes them resist voting anyone but Republicans who pander to their socially conservative views.

Plus they have beliefs that are contradictory. For example, they believe people should stand on their own two feet and their should be no government entitlements, yet when they have a bad crop they are the first in line for a government handout. They also are OK with the huge military budget but don't believe in taxes. Then you get the rust belt, where they also believe the government should bring back their jobs - jobs which are never going to exist again. Being conservative and so resistive to change is not going to work in the environment that exists.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 23, 2017, 6:14 p.m.

You mean stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPomcb0_IaE
"Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married."

"Trump: Look at you, you are a pussy."

"Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

"Trump: Oh, it looks good."

Or Berlusconi? Dominic Strauss-Khan? Julian Assange?

Woman got raped in the parking lot of Simon Fraser University this week.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3268847/sfu-taking-rcmp-warning-extremely-seriously-after-sex-assault-at-burnaby-campus/

Feb. 23, 2017, 6:45 p.m.

None of this has anything to do with race, colour, sexuality, nationality, party affiliations, those are distractions to turn billions of people against each other while literally a room full of people accumulates wealth that surpasses the 7 billion below them.

+1

It not about left or right. It's about up and down, have or have not.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 23, 2017, 7:01 p.m.

Plus they have beliefs that are contradictory. For example, they believe people should stand on their own two feet and their should be no government entitlements, yet when they have a bad crop they are the first in line for a government handout. .

Interesting how you have such an intimate knowledge of the mindset of family farmers in America. If in fact some do feel that way they would I imagine be a very small subset of overall population of farmers given that most food in America is produced by large agri-business. Heavily subsidized by the taxpayer I might ad.
But that sentiment does exist. My cousin (who is not a farmer and has worked two jobs most of her adult life) thinks the social security safety net is a bad idea because it makes working people lazy.

March 2, 2017, 8:02 a.m.

It could, but what is the mechanism? Advertising and subscriptions are where companies like CNN makes their money. We are talking billions, and this is directly related to getting viewers. I get what you are saying, but how do you propose this works in a free market? It sounds intriguing, but who is paying CNN to spread their message and how are they making the payments in the amounts that would make CNN want to look at anything other than viewership?

I am not sure what you want me to comment on here, but yes, I see advertising, the kind that only major networks used to have the ability to provide, as a point where some power is transferred to the people because those entities need access to the people. The masses drive the economy. Advertising is how quarterly profits go up and that is the whole point of the exercise.

While Judy von Winklethorp VP of Sales for Big Media Co. Inc. cares greatly about sales, she's many rungs down the ladder from the top. While she's measured directly on sales, those at the top have different measures applied to them.

Life, especially for someone like George is just a series of cost-benefit analyses. To go back to your point about the money to made doing the bidding of concentrated power, what would cause George to go light on his investment in getting HRC into the White House if billions was at stake? If he is already guiding the editorial policies of his networks for the power elite, how costly would it even be to limit Trump coverage and stop talking about Hillary's emails?

Did George go light on his investment in HRC? How are billions at stake? Why would he guide his editorial policies of his networks for other people rather than himself? Is it possible he assumed the coverage of Trump would do a better job of showing what an ass he is than from hiding the coverage?

I still don't see them doing a lot of fact-checking on Trump. There are more leaks from the IC now, but that is because they realize what a disaster he is now and are going over his head to get the info out.

Well, any number greater than zero is better than nothing. I also suspect this "journalism" will only last as long as he's in charge.

How confident are you of your narriative that, "they realize what a disaster he is now", and who are they?

This is where we are on opposite sides of the planet. Trump hate came in the form of his many gaffes and basic assholeness which none of his supporters gave a shit about but did get people to tune in. "He said what?... New at 11". And the fact is there was fresh news like this every day to keep the news cycle fresh, which is how they operate. The real bad stuff like rape allegations didn't have much traction on the news. Where is Allred? HRC on the other hand had coverage of actual scandal material and it stayed on the news for months. This was news with substance. The Clinton Foundation is the perfect example of how this worked. The foundation was billed as a pay to play scheme (with merit) as just a front for her power, but Trump's foundation was literally a self serving entity that existed solely to promote Trump and it was a foot note at best. HRC was the most unliked candidate in history. Her numbers slowly dropped through her campaign. Again, did the illuminati miss this? If they controlled the media I see no reason that they couldn't have buried Trump if they wanted to. Considering the options wouldn't this be an all in moment?

I guess at the end of the day what drives me to think the way I do is watching what happened in this election. There was an underlying belief in an elite power structure that includes both parties was playing us all vis a vis the "mainstream media" and they were happy with any candidate that the Republicans or Democrats gave us because they were basically the same. There is some truth in this, but this belief played a major role in getting Trump into the White House. His power structure was ignored because of the belief in a single mission by the wealthy elite. It therefore, made sense to vote for him because he appeared to be outside of it, but the truth is there are many power structures at the top and their views are quite starkly different. There is a reason the FBI stuck the dagger in HRC's campaign and it was because one of those power structures was working hard against her. Trump of course, wasn't outside of anything, he just played on a different team than what we are used to. The media reflects this with some in the tank for their donors and others not so much. IMO Trump's media backers are the most dangerous because they don't flinch at creating news out of nothing and spreading outright lies. As far as I am concerned, whatever group of gazillionaires that supports hRC was the best bet. At least they believe in global warming.

The main reason people at the top of these entities (media, finance, political parties, etc.) got to that level was due to their sociopathy. To an outsider, their collective can be seen as an "illuminati" but I contend it's only constant is that it always has a steady stream of sociopaths to fill its ranks when those inside eventually lose grip of the brass ring. A giant circle jerk of, "How can I get more for me!". That's it, that's all.

However misguided, I think partly the reason why Trump is in power is that people are slowly coming to the conclusion that these political parties need to go. They are a cancer on democracy.

I believe I still can stay well informed using various news sources and those include mainstream media.

It will certainly provide you with enough ammo to sound relevant on any typical Facebook conversation.

Did you ever read, "Manufacturing Consent"?

March 3, 2017, 12:09 p.m.

I did not know that one from Chomsky, is it any good?

March 3, 2017, 2:16 p.m.

It's been about 25 years since I've read it/watched it.

I suspect it was pretty instrumental in who I am today.

Besides the discussion on the consolidation of all media companies, one of the biggest take-aways for me was that the things they didn't report on were far more worrying than what they do.