Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Feb. 21, 2017, 11:06 a.m.

People here just live to hate - there's the root of the social issue. I bet most voted for JT as well - the budget balancing by itself yet? lol.

syncro is on the right track.

:lol: This is almost something I would expect the Donald himself to say if he was in NBR. Sweet channeling of Agent Orange Zed.

It starts with the classic delivery of a vague insulting statement which is impossible to claim as fact or fiction (We all live to hate? Hate who? Hate what? What happened in Sweden? What are we talking about?). Then you proceed to make another bolder, more important claim that is linked to the previous unprovable vague statement,(this is "the root of the social issue".. hmm, sounds deep, I guess it must be true… I would argue, but I still haven't figured out who I hate or what "the social issue" is). Then a pivot, which I suppose is intended to tie up in a neat bow our propensity for hate which is the root of the social issue, with who we voted for in the last election. Holy shit, it's been all my fault all along?

It may come as a surprise to you but I don't hate anyone, I just call em as I see em, and I have been calling Trump a moron with zero ability to lead, but with a knack for manipulation (read "Con Man") for quite some time and this is playing out in real time.

So shit or get off the pot Zed. What do you think of statements that Trump makes that are obvious lies? You can say we live to hate, but you don't seem to have the balls to voice your opinion on Trump's abilities as a leader.

Feb. 21, 2017, 3:41 p.m.

What we’re experiencing throughout the West at present is a neo-nationalist insurrection against Globalism. An “insurrection” because global Capitalism is a global-hegemonic system. It has no viable external enemies. People, unhappy with how Capitalism has been restructuring their lives since the end of the Cold War, and aware that power has been gradually shifting from sovereign nations to supranational entities, multinational corporations, international institutions, and so on, are reaching for the only alternative on offer, Neo-nationalism, in one form or another. Which is what the Trumpians and the Brexit gang are promising, a halt of the spread of global Capitalism and the restoration of national sovereignty.

The neoliberal ruling classes, naturally, would like to prevent this from happening. Which, make no mistake, they are going to do (although they may let Trump, Bannon, et al. go ahead and have their War on Islam to finish destabilizing the Middle East first). What is being marketed to us as the “resistance to Trump,” technically, is a counter-insurgency operation the global neoliberal establishment quashing the neo-nationalist uprising. But that kind of thing doesn’t sell very well. What sells much better is Hitler hysteria, neo-McCarthyite propaganda, and emotionally loaded trigger words that short circuit any kind of critical thinking, words like “love,” “hate,” “racism,” “fascism,” “normal,” and of course “resistance.”

The irony is, the actual resistance (if the word “resistance” still has any meaning) is the one being waged by the neo-nationalists, who are in fact resisting something, namely Neoliberalism, which is clearly the dominant force in this equation. This doesn’t make them any more righteous, unless you’re in favor of racism, sexism, theocracy, and other such despotic values. “Resistance” is not a virtue in itself. Its virtue depends on who is doing the resisting, and what they’re resisting, and on various other sociopolitical and historical factors that won’t fit into a tweet or a sound bite.

In any event, the quandary folks on the Left are currently facing is twofold: (1) how to oppose the Trumpians, and other neo-nationalist insurgencies, without serving the interests of Neoliberalism; and (2) how to oppose Neoliberalism without serving the interests of the Neo-nationalists. Which is more or less a classic Zen koan designed to make one’s head explode.

https://consentfactory.org/2017/01/31/the-resistance-and-its-double/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 21, 2017, 4:48 p.m.

Are people just incapable of writing anything these days that doesn't rely on "hyphenated" made up words to describe that which they detest??

Feb. 21, 2017, 6:05 p.m.

http://reverbpress.com/politics/wonkery/trump-to-cut-funding-for-pbs-while-his-familys-lavish-lifestyle-costs-taxpayers-300m-per-year/

The Trump Administration plans to cut funding for several popular domestic programs, such as PBS and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). Both programs make up less than 0.0625% of the Federal budget. Meanwhile, the cost of facilitating the Trump family’s lifestyle could cost taxpayers some $300 million more annually than the previous first family, a Reverb Press investigation concludes.

Estimated cost if Trump continues to visit Mar-a-Lago every weekend: $120 million. Estimated cost of Trump Tower security: $183 million.At issue are President Trump’s frequent trips to his Mar-a-Lago clubhouse in Florida, which have already cost taxpayers $10 million, and the First Lady’s decision to live at the couple’s Trump Tower penthouse—the security for which will cost taxpayers an estimated $183 million per year. Some Trump aides have reportedly encouraged the Commander in Chief to spend less time at his “Winter White House” and visit Camp David. The presidential retreat is a short helicopter ride from the White House. But multiple reports indicate Trump is happiest when hobnobbing with guests at his glitzy Palm Beach getaway.
If President Trump continues to visit Mar-a-Lago three times a month for the next twelve months, he’ll rack up a security bill of roughly $120 million.

At their highest, estimates put the cost of protecting Trump Tower at twice the NEA’s total proposed budget for 2017. If First Lady Melania Trump continues to reside at the penthouse, it will cost taxpayers some $183 million per year.

That adds up to an extra $303 million per year—not including security costs for protecting family members other than the President and First Lady. His sons’ business trips, for example, would add another $1.3 million to the figure.

For comparison, PBS’s proposed budget for 2016 was $341.7 million, while the NEA’s proposed budget for 2017 is just $149.849 million. President Obama’s travel expenses cost taxpayers roughly $12 million a year, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch.

Feb. 21, 2017, 6:06 p.m.

Are people just incapable of writing anything these days that doesn't rely on "hyphenated" made up words to describe that which they detest??

Careful, don't let your neo-head neo-explode.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 21, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

i'll take fallacies for $200 Alex.

take your pick but there are about 3 or 4 that could apply. in essence though, just because trump is jumping off a cliff it doesn't mean you (or the media) should either.

Pointing out lies isn't jumping off a cliff, and it's what the media is supposed to do. If they don't, then who will?

Another problem as bad as Trump's lying is the millions of people who believe them.

But with regards to the lying, he's done quite a bit in the first month as president:
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html?client=ms-android-rogers-ca

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 21, 2017, 7:49 p.m.

This is very revealing, even 25 years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBWUdYeeHKs

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 21, 2017, 11:06 p.m.

This is a perfect of example of what's gone wrong. The media is screaming that Trump said or suggest there was a terrorist attack in Sweden, but if you listen to the clip he does not mention the word attack at all. There is no integrity anymore, no honesty or accuracy in reporting. It's bad enough that sometimes one can't even question the veracity of some of the claims without getting labeled a racist or whatever. Objectivity is completely gone.

But by using the countries in the context of immigration, and by naming Niece he did artificially create a context and suggested a connection that simply was not there.

Sure, most of us, if not all have a confirmation bias/prejudices based on our own perception, but bad rhetorics are bad rhetorics, and in the POTUS is in a position in which such statements should simply not happen. He is the leader of a democratic country, not some gossip and rumour spreading worker in a bar after his shift who wants to enjoy a few drinks with his mates to talk shit.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 21, 2017, 11:08 p.m.

brainwashed sheeple….thats why 12 year olds are dabbing and saying "triggered!"

Feb. 21, 2017, 11:58 p.m.

brainwashed sheeple….thats why 12 year olds are dabbing and saying "triggered!"

which 12 year old has access to cannabis extracts!?

Feb. 22, 2017, 12:11 a.m.

:lol: This is almost something I would expect the Donald himself to say if he was in NBR. Sweet channeling of Agent Orange Zed.

It starts with the classic delivery of a vague insulting statement which is impossible to claim as fact or fiction (We all live to hate? Hate who? Hate what? What happened in Sweden? What are we talking about?). Then you proceed to make another bolder, more important claim that is linked to the previous unprovable vague statement,(this is "the root of the social issue".. hmm, sounds deep, I guess it must be true… I would argue, but I still haven't figured out who I hate or what "the social issue" is). Then a pivot, which I suppose is intended to tie up in a neat bow our propensity for hate which is the root of the social issue, with who we voted for in the last election. Holy shit, it's been all my fault all along?

It may come as a surprise to you but I don't hate anyone, I just call em as I see em, and I have been calling Trump a moron with zero ability to lead, but with a knack for manipulation (read "Con Man") for quite some time and this is playing out in real time.

So shit or get off the pot Zed. What do you think of statements that Trump makes that are obvious lies? You can say we live to hate, but you don't seem to have the balls to voice your opinion on Trump's abilities as a leader.

I don't want to share my opinions with the likes of NBR right now, sorry. Your words illustrate my point to a 'T'. So, you just shit in your own pot. Again.

Feb. 22, 2017, 9:26 a.m.

I don't want to share my opinions with the likes of NBR right now, sorry. Your words illustrate my point to a 'T'. So, you just shit in your own pot. Again.

What point? You attack our views all the time, but you don't make many points that I can see. You obviously don't appreciate my views, but at least you know what they are. I have no idea what your thoughts are of Trump's presidency, which is quite a feat considering you have posted in this thread several times.

I think most of us on here are close to centre and pragmatic when it comes to politics, not the wacko leftist crazies you might think we are.

Feb. 22, 2017, 10:37 a.m.

which 12 year old has access to cannabis extracts!?

Medical license from the "doctor"?

Feb. 22, 2017, 11:35 a.m.

O
i'll take fallacies for $200 Alex.

take your pick but there are about 3 or 4 that could apply. in essence though, just because trump is jumping off a cliff it doesn't mean you (or the media) should either.

Pointing out lies isn't jumping off a cliff, and it's what the media is supposed to do. If they don't, then who will?

ffs switch, the "media" is a wholly owned subsidiary of the people who make the bombs.

Feb. 22, 2017, 1:17 p.m.

What point? You attack our views all the time, but you don't make many points that I can see. You obviously don't appreciate my views, but at least you know what they are. I have no idea what your thoughts are of Trump's presidency, which is quite a feat considering you have posted in this thread several times.

I think most of us on here are close to centre and pragmatic when it comes to politics, not the wacko leftist crazies you might think we are.

You'd be incorrect in thinking that I don't appreciate your views; on the contrary, your views are one of the few I look forward to seeing. They are often witty with a touch of humour - you know, social media. But your response once again furthers my original point that you went off about - so I'll leave you to ponder why before putting words in someone's mouth again.

I wasn't even on this board for 6 months and this thread is 119 pages of NBR's finest going off about how someone else is, in their opinions, a narcissist. I'm late to the game, just smiling and watching the never ending finger pointing.