Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:49 p.m.

Yes. By measuring the midi-chlorians in a persons blood stream you can determine their christianity.

Pretty basic stuff.

You're confused. That's the test for Scientologists. The transformation occurs when they meet Xenu, who gives them the blood of Thetans to drink.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 30, 2017, 10:52 p.m.

How did the dumb conservatives get into power and impose their will then? Right, dumb voters.

Dumber writers of the Constitution.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 31, 2017, 4:05 a.m.

It is on the exact same trajectory.

Absolutely. Both religions favour exclusiveness, a life after death either in heaven or hell depending on your deeds or sins, both have prophets as a central part of their beliefs and both support violence against persons of other faith.

Just read the Koran and the New Testament which is way more than the writings of Matthew and the others.

And Kram, I think that closing the borders and spending more money on surveillance, border patrols and security instead of education and aid is not going to work, no matter how much the European populists and fear-mongers believe. A higher wall has never worked. Not once.

What needs to be achieved is a shift not only in politics. There are more moderate muslims in Europe than fundamentalists.

And if I want to talk with foreigners or refugees I just need to talk with the group of Syrian refugees who are currently living in my town or talk with the volunteers helping them with learning German or dealing with the bureaucrats.

Most people from Europe who support IS and go to Syria to slaughter other muslims are actually Europeans or converts.

I think your solution or approach is too simplistic.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 31, 2017, 8:25 a.m.

Is every Politician an actual Christian and do they pass policies based on and because of Christian principles? ie: God would totally approve of this guys, we gotta do it, how can we not as good Christians..

Also, I'd like example of a policy creating your first world problem.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/825017279209410561

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/825018149397463040

^This is a real problem. Yet I fully expect the boys club circle jerk here to continue.
" Jeebus loves da unborn babies"

I'd say that in Aus, Reunion Island and Hawaii Shark attacks are a highly political issue. :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 31, 2017, 8:54 a.m.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.vdpnzrexd

Jan. 31, 2017, 9:34 a.m.

Absolutely. Both religions favour exclusiveness, a life after death either in heaven or hell depending on your deeds or sins, both have prophets as a central part of their beliefs and both support violence against persons of other faith.

Just read the Koran and the New Testament which is way more than the writings of Matthew and the others.

I have never done anything but argue Christianity has been as bad or worse than Islam. My argument is that Christianity has by and large lost its power to secularism. Even the Pope is secularizing his views at a rapid rate in an attempt to stay relevant. Christian numbers are are massive decline, while Islam is in rapid incline. Data is your friend.

And Kram, I think that closing the borders and spending more money on surveillance, border patrols and security instead of education and aid is not going to work, no matter how much the European populists and fear-mongers believe. A higher wall has never worked. Not once.

Never said anything about surveillance, border patrols, building walls etc. Every country has an immigration policy. That policy affects… immigration. That policy has had a huge effect in Europe. Even Angela Merkel is admitting the folly of loose policy. Do you deny the link between immigration policy and the people that end up within your borders? Do you not agree that the preservation of a country's culture is dependent upon the pace of immigration being consistent with the pace at which those immigrants can assimilate into that culture?

Most people from Europe who support IS and go to Syria to slaughter other muslims are actually Europeans or converts.

A perfect example of the problem being the doctrine and not a race. This supports my argument. Islam is a not a race; it's terrible ideas that liberals have made it a phobia to criticize.

I think your solution or approach is too simplistic.

What solution have I tried to present? So far this conversation is all about trying to come to an agreement that the doctrine of Islam is the problem, and that the threat is real and rising, and that it is in contrast to Christianity where the threat has fallen to being of almost no threat and continues to lose power at a fast rate. I provide data, and you guys just say 'no'. Hard to have a conversation like that.

Here's more data…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_January_2017

More than 140 acts of terror in the first 30 days in 2017. Likely another 5-10 will be added tonight. A quick scan reveals Quebec shooting, IRA and perhaps 3 or 4 others unrelated to Islam. Most likely none related to Christianity.

More data
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/12/upshot/big-drop-in-share-of-americans-calling-themselves-christian.html?_r=0

5 million less Christian in US from 2007 to 2014. Google reveals this trend is global, and suggest in 20-30 churches will be empty.

On the contrary, Muslims are increasing faster than world population
http://freebeacon.com/issues/muslim-population-increasing-faster-than-entire-world-population/

Now, if I lived in a completely secular country and Christians were on crusades, increasing in numbers fast and killing people who don't submit to Jesus, I would be calling for our government to make sure our immigration policy was consistent with keeping the country secular. This is not about race, and it's only about Islam as a reflection of the current state of affairs. Islam is the greatest threat to secularism and western values, which I am not ashamed to want to defend. I believe in the right to believe what you want, but when a group of people (dissociated to a specific race) basically declares war on your culture, openly admits they are going to try and breed you out of existence, follows through with those threats at an alarming rate, I feel it's foolish to ignore it. I don't know the full solution, but it's clear even to those that made the policy, that open borders is failing Europe and they are now trying to clean up the mess. Current policy is at risk of making countries like France and Britain majority Islam in our lifetime. Take a look at existing majority Muslim countries and tell me if you think it's wrong to want to make damn sure that it doesn't happen in your own country.

And just to be clear, Trump is an idiot and handled this about as poorly as could have been done.

Jan. 31, 2017, 9:36 a.m.

I have never done anything but argue Christianity has been as bad or worse than Islam. My argument is that Christianity has by and large lost its power to secularism. Even the Pope is secularizing his views at a rapid rate in an attempt to stay relevant. Christian numbers are are massive decline, while Islam is in rapid incline. Data is your friend.

Never said anything about surveillance, border patrols, building walls etc. Every country has an immigration policy. That policy affects… immigration. That policy has had a huge effect in Europe. Even Angela Merkel is admitting the folly of loose policy. Do you deny the link between immigration policy and the people that end up within your borders? Do you not agree that the preservation of a country's culture is dependent upon the pace of immigration being consistent with the pace at which those immigrants can assimilate into that culture?

A perfect example of the problem being the doctrine and not a race. This supports my argument. Islam is a not a race; it's terrible ideas that liberals have made it a phobia to criticize.

What solution have I tried to present? So far this conversation is all about trying to come to an agreement that the doctrine of Islam is the problem, and that the threat is real and rising, and that it is in contrast to Christianity where the threat has fallen to being of almost no threat and continues to lose power at a fast rate. I provide data, and you guys just say 'no'. Hard to have a conversation like that.

Here's more data…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_January_2017

More than 140 acts of terror in the first 30 days in 2017. Likely another 5-10 will be added tonight. A quick scan reveals Quebec shooting, IRA and perhaps 3 or 4 others unrelated to Islam. Most likely none related to Christianity.

More data
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/12/upshot/big-drop-in-share-of-americans-calling-themselves-christian.html?_r=0

5 million less Christian in US from 2007 to 2014. Google reveals this trend is global, and suggest in 20-30 churches will be empty.

On the contrary, Muslims are increasing faster than world population
http://freebeacon.com/issues/muslim-population-increasing-faster-than-entire-world-population/

Now, if I lived in a completely secular country and Christians were on crusades, increasing in numbers fast and killing people who don't submit to Jesus, I would be calling for our government to make sure our immigration policy was consistent with keeping the country secular. This is not about race, and it's only about Islam as a reflection of the current state of affairs. Islam is the greatest threat to secularism and western values, which I am not ashamed to want to defend. I believe in the right to believe what you want, but when a group of people (dissociated to a specific race) basically declares war on your culture, openly admits they are going to try and breed you out of existence, follows through with those threats at an alarming rate, I feel it's foolish to ignore it. I don't know the full solution, but it's clear even to those that made the policy, that open borders is failing Europe and they are now trying to clean up the mess.

And just to be clear, Trump is an idiot and handled this about as poorly as could have been done.

Do you know any Muslims?

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

Do you know any Muslims?

Yes, and I know plenty of Christians. I oppose all religions. Religions are a threat to secularism and western values.

I am not opposed to immigration. I am not opposed to Muslim immigration. Immigration is a problem when it happens too quickly and the immigrants don't integrate into their new country's culture. Doesn't matter where you are from or what you believe. I don't think we have a problem in Canada. I do think they have a huge problem in Europe, and I think that there are lessons to be learned there. I do think that current policy in Canada should be scrutinized and honest discussion should be had in light of the failures in Europe.

How about you Yellowdog. Do you think the European immigration crisis is mislabeled as a crisis? Do you think Christianity and Islam are on the same footing? Do you think shark attacks are more relevant than rapidly rising rates of Islamist attacks in western countries? Do you think that having a discussion about it is racist? Do you think Islam should be immune from criticism?

EDIT: What was the purpose of your comment? What point did I make that you take issue with? Do you have a problem with the data sources I provided?

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:25 a.m.

Just a quick reply since I am in a hurry: Yes, Islam has to be open to critic. Yes, it is a doctrine if followed to the very letter as is Christian religion. Yes, Islam has an issue with extremely violent believers.

No, I am not a 'liberal' scared of criticizing cultures, values or beliefs different from my own.

No, I do not think that Europe has a problem. It is portrayed as such, true. But for what reasons?

The immigrant issue over here is not really an issue. Germany is not being overrun by Syrian immigrants. Angela Merkel did backpedal for purely political reasons, namely survival.

Sorry, no time for an in depth reply.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 31, 2017, 12:25 p.m.

No I didn't but it was fun jerking your chain! :lol:
That said RT is no more unbalanced than MSNBC or CNN. More like PBS.

Yet oddly you never quote PBS. You often agreed with Putin talking points. You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.

They equally bad outcomes different neurosis. The republic is fucked either way just maybe not vapourized instantly as with HRC, rather slow cooked via the with Trump method.

LOL. This Trump method is going to be slow? Hillary is a hawk, no doubt, but then again, HRC bringing on WW3 is straight from the Putin propaganda machine and you ate it up. If war is your concern, Trump is a far more destabilizing force and he is in denial on global warming, which is the true gun to our collective heads.

America is a problem, and the most dangerous acts of terror come from a drone circling in the sky. The problem with your logic is that it's a threat you can ignore.

Wrong, I could ignore both, but I don't. Neither is much of a threat to me, but my point, which you missed, as usual, is that we need to look at things with eyes wide open, whether that is the damage done to innocent civilians by drone strikes and bombing campaigns or the fact that there is a violent extreme form of Islam that is causing the world serious problems. If drones and proxy wars are the reason people become terrorists, then most terrorists would be Syrian, or Yemenese, but Al Qaeda, ISIL and Boko Haram, all can trace their roots to Wahhabism and Saudi Arabia.

IMO the last truly good president was FDR, America has screwed countless countries and their people to maintain their grasp on global power since WW2, but I can hold 2 thoughts in my head at the same time.

Jan. 31, 2017, 1:07 p.m.

Yet oddly you never quote PBS.

No, to be clear I it think more similar in structure than content, obviously. But, here you go….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGtdA9WOgbw

You often agreed with Putin talking points.

Whether or not he's sincere, he does say some reasonable things. But don't let that stop your red hating, you McCarthyite wannabe. :P

You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.

Donald Trump can.

This Trump method is going to be slow?

I was referring to climate change. LOL.

then most terrorists would be Syrian, or Yemenese, but Al Qaeda, ISIL and Boko Haram, all can trace their roots to Wahhabism and Saudi Arabia.

ISIS/Al Qaeda hugely successful recruiting in eastern Libya. Even before we bombed them back to the stone age. Syria/Yemmanese? Just wait, they be coming soon!

IMO the last truly good president was FDR, America has screwed countless countries and their people to maintain their grasp on global power since WW2,

Don't get all starry eyed on us here. FDR only instituted the New Deal to save capitalism.

but I can hold 2 thoughts in my head at the same time.

Get help! There's a pill for that.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 31, 2017, 2:20 p.m.

No, I do not think that Europe has a problem. It is portrayed as such, true. But for what reasons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1SZ05kzQxk

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 31, 2017, 3:48 p.m.

Don't get all starry eyed on us here. FDR only instituted the New Deal to save capitalism.

That is OK. I am cool with capitalism as long as we deal with externalities and put the environment at the forefront. Any system that doesn't let humans compete with one another is bullshit.

No, the reason I really like FDR is because he has actually believed that it was the job of the US to fight colonialism and try to lift the world out of poverty.

Jan. 31, 2017, 4:31 p.m.

No, the reason I really like FDR is because he has actually believed that it was the job of the US to fight colonialism and try to lift the world out of poverty.

Nonsense. FDR was just muscling in on Britain's racket.

Jan. 31, 2017, 5:19 p.m.

Totally agree. This results in stability, which is in the best interests of the USA.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells