Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Jan. 30, 2017, 4:26 p.m.

dudes c'mon, christianity is not on the same footing as islam. if you were to pick an analogy christianity would be the federation and islam would be the borg. sure we have our own share of war mongers that are christian but they are not motivated by their religion - unless of course money is their religion.

the prime goal of islam is to put everyone on the planet under it's rule of sharia law. the only saving grace so far is that it many muslims probably aren't fully verses on the koran and for those that are aware many probably have no interest in pursuing that goal.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 30, 2017, 4:44 p.m.

the prime goal of islam is to put everyone on the planet under it's rule of sharia law. the only saving grace so far is that it many muslims probably aren't fully verses on the koran and for those that are aware many probably have no interest in pursuing that goal.

Change a couple of words, and you just described Steve Bannon.

Jan. 30, 2017, 4:47 p.m.

I am suggesting "Christians" are affecting my life far more negatively right now than muslims.

Muslims only exist through LED panels.

"Christians" make policy that creates more terrorists. That is bad.

We only have the option to elect "Christians".

"Christians" really aren't that different from muslims though, so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

American Christianity is.

Given that I don't want to spend too much time on this, I'll just leave this here, and note that I'm at risk of seeming to be a Sam Harris fanboy. I'll also add that this doesn't go into enough depth to show the degree to which I feel I have the basis to be in disagreement with you, but this is a reasonable start…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxYP0PRXDWA

I'll add that I do agree that Christianity probably has more easily identifiable negative influences on your life at this point, but I'd say that in Britain, France or Germany that this is not the case. I think I have good grounds to believe that opening borders in Europe has caused serious negative outcomes, and that continuing this policy poses a grave threat to western culture that Christianity simply no longer has the power to do. Reformation in Christianity is so far underway that their influence and threat to secular values is in rapid decline. In contrast I'll stand by my argument that the opposite is true for Islam. I don't think it's irrational to want to do things differently to the way Europe has for the last few years. Hugs and kisses for all? It's not working out well over there, and I refer you back to the quote from ISIS as to why they fight us for clues as to why.

Not sure what you're missing when you say Christians aren't that different from Muslims. If you were to burn both a Quaran and a bible, and draw a cartoon mocking Jesus and Mohammed and post it on Youtube, do you really believe the response from both religious affiliates would be equal? This has already been tested by Charlie Hebdo.

Jan. 30, 2017, 5:27 p.m.

dudes c'mon, christianity is not on the same footing as islam.

It is on the exact same trajectory.

Jan. 30, 2017, 5:39 p.m.

Given that I don't want to spend too much time on this, I'll just leave this here, and note that I'm at risk of seeming to be a Sam Harris fanboy. I'll also add that this doesn't go into enough depth to show the degree to which I feel I have the basis to be in disagreement with you, but this is a reasonable start…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxYP0PRXDWA

I'll add that I do agree that Christianity probably has more easily identifiable negative influences on your life at this point, but I'd say that in Britain, France or Germany that this is not the case. I think I have good grounds to believe that opening borders in Europe has caused serious negative outcomes, and that continuing this policy poses a grave threat to western culture that Christianity simply no longer has the power to do. Reformation in Christianity is so far underway that their influence and threat to secular values is in rapid decline. In contrast I'll stand by my argument that the opposite is true for Islam. I don't think it's irrational to want to do things differently to the way Europe has for the last few years. Hugs and kisses for all? It's not working out well over there, and I refer you back to the quote from ISIS as to why they fight us for clues as to why.

Not sure what you're missing when you say Christians aren't that different from Muslims. If you were to burn both a Quaran and a bible, and draw a cartoon mocking Jesus and Mohammed and post it on Youtube, do you really believe the response from both religious affiliates would be equal? This has already been tested by Charlie Hebdo.

If our main export is war then I agree, opening our border is a sketchy proposition.

Reformation in Christianity is so far underway that their influence and threat to secular values is in rapid decline

This is cringe-worthy for me. Are you kidding about on this, or do you really believe it?

…do you really believe the response from both religious affiliates would be equal

If I were able to pick and chose the location upon which I did it in the US, I whole-heatedly believe that I probably would not die, but I'd end up in the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Like I said. Give it some more time. American's haven't had much chance to live under such miserable conditions as a fair number in the middle east. Given the current regime and the ground they've already covered thus far I might go out on a limb and say they'll be able to savour it not on the second but the first term.

I am not an expert at breeding malcontent, but I know it when I see it.

Jan. 30, 2017, 6:10 p.m.

I also warned that eating up everything the right wing propaganda machine aided by RT (you know you did this)

No I didn't but it was fun jerking your chain! :lol:
That said RT is no more unbalanced than MSNBC or CNN. More like PBS.

could throw at Hillary and by equating the 2 candidates as equally unworthy was dangerous as Trump was much much worse. Remember that.

They equally bad outcomes different neurosis. The republic is fucked either way just maybe not vapourized instantly as with HRC, rather slow cooked via the with Trump method.

Terrorism is a problem, and most of the most dangerous acts of terror come from Muslims. You can't ignore that.

America is a problem, and the most dangerous acts of terror come from a drone circling in the sky. The problem with your logic is that it's a threat you can ignore.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 30, 2017, 6:13 p.m.

I'm happy for one thing after Trump started… people seem a bit more sharp than they have been in the last twenty years.

Here's to hoping.

Jan. 30, 2017, 6:30 p.m.

I'm happy for one thing after Trump started… people seem a bit more sharp than they have been in the last twenty years.

Here's to hoping.

Was thinking the same thing. A wake up call for sure.. They just have to put up with the current turd which hopefully won't be the 4 year term. Think he will fuck it up.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:18 p.m.

I am suggesting "Christians" are affecting my life far more negatively right now than muslims.

"Christians" make policy that creates more terrorists. That is bad.

Is every Politician an actual Christian and do they pass policies based on and because of Christian principles? ie: God would totally approve of this guys, we gotta do it, how can we not as good Christians..

Also, I'd like example of a policy creating your first world problem.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:19 p.m.

American Christianity is.

How's that differ from Canadian Christianity?

And people think I'm vague.

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:21 p.m.

President Donald Trump signed memorandums on Saturday that kicked the nation's top military and intelligence advisers off the National Security Council's (NSC) Principals Committee and elevated his chief strategist, Steve Bannon, in their place.

The memorandum gives Bannon, former executive chair of the rightwing website Breitbart News, a regular seat at some of the most sensitive meetings at the highest levels of government, along with other NSC meetings.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/825717265446342660

I read this as he doesnt like how or trust how that info is relayed to him.

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:25 p.m.

The more educated the person is, the more liberal their views become. That's why the conservatives do not want everyone to be educated and make post secondary education expensive.

How did the dumb conservatives get into power and impose their will then? Right, dumb voters.

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:32 p.m.

Is every Politician an actual Christian and do they pass policies based on and because of Christian principles?

Yes. By measuring the midi-chlorians in a persons blood stream you can determine their christianity.

Pretty basic stuff.

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:34 p.m.

Regarding Trump's travel ban and firing of the interim AG - did we all know that a section in US Code 1182 provides the legal means for President Trump's EO? Which means if I'm not mistaken, he didnt have make it an EO. Also, the AG is an appointed position who serves at the pleasure of the President. For those thinking its unconstitutional, the US Constitution is for US Citizens.

Jan. 30, 2017, 7:34 p.m.

Yes. By measuring the midi-chlorians in a persons blood stream you can determine their christianity.

Pretty basic stuff.

My tricorder's away for repairs. May I be forgiven?