Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Jan. 27, 2017, 12:41 p.m.

The true story of the inauguration:

Bono, and Bruce Springsteen, and Elton John, and the Rolling Stones, and Beyonce, and all the top artists were there. They fought hard over who would be allowed to sing. Finally Bruce Springsteen won. Bono cried and cried, and the other artists had to console him. When Bruce Springsteen had finished singing, he walked over to Donald Trump, extended his hand, and said, “You are the only real hero left in the world.”

The people were so excited that they built a very special stone pyramid just for Donald Trump so that he would not have to wait until he died to see what his monument would look like. But they were silly to be concerned. Donald Trump will never die!

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/the-true-correct-story-of-what-happened-at-donald-trump-s-inauguration/93809/3

Jan. 27, 2017, 1:06 p.m.

Left wing cognitive dissonance provides the fuel to create more right-wing drones.

And vise versa. It seems to be the trend to talk about how the left ostracized the right and created Trump support with their arrogance, but after 8 years of birtherism, and Obama is a secret Muslim, and being called libtards, the filibustering, not letting Obama pick a justice, on so on and so on, I have a really hard time believing this was all because liberals can't relate to the workin' man. IMO, the propoganda mahcine of the right did 95% of the work riling up that base… of let's just call them blue collar middle Americans.

Jan. 27, 2017, 1:15 p.m.

And vise versa. It seems to be the trend to talk about how the left ostracized the right and created Trump support with their arrogance, but after 8 years of birtherism, and Obama is a secret Muslim, and being called libtards, the filibustering, not letting Obama pick a justice, on so on and so on, I have a really hard time believing this was all because liberals can't relate to the workin' man. IMO, the propoganda mahcine of the right did 95% of the work riling up that base… of let's just call them blue collar middle Americans.

Glad we agree that education is what's causing this rift. If only the self professed lefties and righties could put some effort into understanding a little bit of statistics and the work of Kahneman and Tversky.

Jan. 27, 2017, 1:22 p.m.

Left wing cognitive dissonance provides the fuel to create more right-wing drones.

Regardless, education plays 99.99999999999% of the role on why we are here where we are today. Everything else is a red herring.

Education does play a large role. I've always been around education so I find it surprising when people aren't educated. I am always amazed when I am in an area where finishing grade 12 is a big deal. I grew up thinking that was the very basic amount of education one would get and that it was virtually a given. I definitely do not take education for granted and I sometimes feel bad knowing others may not have had the opportunities I had for education and try not to judge them for it.

Education is more than learning a skill that is viable for work. It is critical thinking, which unfortunately is lacking in society. It does not mean that people need to come to agreement over topics, but each side or opinion needs to be developed critically and not but using #alternativefacts.

Jan. 27, 2017, 3:35 p.m.

I find it surprising when people aren't educated.

You should visit the gun forum I just got :banned: from.

99.99999999999% of the posts there will surprize the hell out of you! :lol:

Those people down there didn't need the Libs to diss them to become zombies for Trump.

Example: Jan. 19 was General Lee's b-day, the thread about it had everthing short of pictures of a lynching.

"No one ever lost any money underestimating the stupidity of the American people" is Trump's mantra.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 27, 2017, 3:54 p.m.

Education does play a large role. I've always been around education so I find it surprising when people aren't educated. I am always amazed when I am in an area where finishing grade 12 is a big deal. I grew up thinking that was the very basic amount of education one would get and that it was virtually a given. I definitely do not take education for granted and I sometimes feel bad knowing others may not have had the opportunities I had for education and try not to judge them for it.

Education is more than learning a skill that is viable for work. It is critical thinking, which unfortunately is lacking in society. It does not mean that people need to come to agreement over topics, but each side or opinion needs to be developed critically and not but using #alternativefacts.

Well said and I agree. However, there needs not to be a dog pile on who is 'dumb' on one side or the other, they both have their buckets full. Hashtag no facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUDtoDAGVE8

Jan. 27, 2017, 7:31 p.m.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 27, 2017, 7:58 p.m.

Regardless, education plays 99.99999999999% of the role on why we are here where we are today. Everything else is a red herring.

The more educated the person is, the more liberal their views become. That's why the conservatives do not want everyone to be educated and make post secondary education expensive.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 27, 2017, 8:10 p.m.

The more educated the person is, the more liberal their views become. That's why the conservatives do not want everyone to be educated and make post secondary education expensive.

William F. Buckley? Honors at Yale
George Will? Ph.D
Ayn Rand? Unknown, the commies kicked her out before she graduated.
Stephen Harper? M.A.
Newt Gingrich? Ph.D
Brian Mulroney? OK ok, took him 3 tries to pass the bar. It wasn't that he was so smart, he was just a really really mean bastard!
Winston Churchill - "If you're not a liberal at 20 you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at 40 you have no brain".

More I'm sure so I calling hooey on that theory! :lol:

Jan. 27, 2017, 9 p.m.

:lol: I can see I didn't miss much in NBR.

Jan. 27, 2017, 9:24 p.m.

Yeah yeah, I hear that a lot.

Please define "more liberal".

The more I learn the more I realize people like the comfort of being part of a team and not being challenged. Especially with ideas that may contradict their intractable views on life.

Jan. 27, 2017, 11:40 p.m.

Trump's right hand man:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2015-steve-bannon/

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 28, 2017, 9:56 a.m.

I'm concerned with Pence giving a speech at March For Life and Trump offering "our full support" towards the Pro-Life camp.

But yeah, let's continue the whole "Who is more liberal or conservative circle-jerk."

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 28, 2017, 10:28 a.m.

how bout dem russian sanctions eh?

trump is putins useful idiot

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 28, 2017, 3:40 p.m.

Well said and I agree. However, there needs not to be a dog pile on who is 'dumb' on one side or the other, they both have their buckets full. Hashtag no facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUDtoDAGVE8

I agree, the left and the right have no shortage of stupidity. And rather than negotiate and come to reasonable choices, each side is digging in more firmly and decisions are become more extreme.