Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

What do all these protesters think they are going to achieve? The authorities overturning / nullifying the election results [HTML_REMOVED] having another one? The guy won the election outright. Face it, deal with it. Give the guy a chance and see what he does. If he screws up, vote him out when his term is up.

Thread killer

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

And what's NSMB's excuse?

Did NSMB make fun of Barron Trump?

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:28 a.m.

Well he has hit the ground running.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/donald-trump-trade-nafta-1.3947989

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:34 a.m.

Well he has hit the ground running.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/donald-trump-trade-nafta-1.3947989

I feel for the corporate lobbyists who put so much effort into that legislation. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:39 a.m.

I feel for the corporate lobbyists who put so much effort into that legislation. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Is so hard to determine if the TPP was good or bad for Canada. It felt like Harper was trying to slide it thru the back door. Unfortunatley there is anti and pro opinions on everything these days depending on how it affects one particular person or group….. Who and what to believe is the tough part.

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:57 a.m.

Glad we're back on track talking about the President-Elect and his actions.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/23/trump-tells-business-leaders-he-wants-to-cut-regulations-by-75-percent-or-maybe-more.html

His stated goal is to reduce regulations by up to 75% and get the corporate tax rate down to 15 or 20%.

Jan. 23, 2017, 11:39 a.m.

What do all these protesters think they are going to achieve? The authorities overturning / nullifying the election results [HTML_REMOVED] having another one? The guy won the election outright. Face it, deal with it. Give the guy a chance and see what he does. If he screws up, vote him out when his term is up.

Actually, yes. There is already a microscope on Trump's business interests, in particular his conflicts of interest with foreign governments. Since he hasn't divested himself of those interest by Friday's inauguration (as he'd promised), he's now officially in conflict.

And one lawsuit has already been filed …

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/liberal-watchdog-group-sues-trump-alleging-he-violated-constitutional-ban/2017/01/22/5e8b35c2-e113-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.8a7b25b14132

So you see, the protests, as they gain momentum, show popular support for removing Trump from office by way of impeachment.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 23, 2017, 11:43 a.m.

Re: labelling oneself a Deplorable.

It's easy to get caught up in the spin cycle and miss what was actually said in favour of the optics of it all.

Clinton was fairly specific about what type of person she's putting into the deplorable basket: "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic - you name it".

If you identify as a Deplorable, you're identifying as one of those. Either a racist, sexist, homophobe, xenophobe, Islamaphobe or someone on their level.

You're not identifying yourself as one of the ignored working class, in that speech they were put into the other bucket, the one that she said needed to be understood and empathized with.

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic - you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people - now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks - they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-transcript-clinton-s-full-remarks-as-1473549076-htmlstory.html

great post and imo this is why there is so little real discourse going on. far too often the media and the public use small parts of the story to misrepresent the truth. it's not limited to one "side" either, it seems to happen all around. zed's vote distribution map up there is a another great example; the map itself is factual but the "truth" it's trying represent is completely false. why do people/organizations do this? it does nothing to solve issue but instead just muddies the waters and creates greater division.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 23, 2017, 12:20 p.m.

Is so hard to determine if the TPP was good or bad for Canada. It felt like Harper was trying to slide it thru the back door. Unfortunatley there is anti and pro opinions on everything these days depending on how it affects one particular person or group….. Who and what to believe is the tough part.

Giving multi-national (and sometimes sovereign owned) multi-billion dollar entities the ability to sue Countries is a Bad Idea. At least for us schmucks.

We're too small a country to play that game.

Jan. 23, 2017, 12:30 p.m.

Did NSMB make fun of Barron Trump?

You've gone after my children. Others my wife. One member my dead father. A few posts back, someone was mentioning another forum I frequent. You know - typical harass until they lay dead, make sure there are numbers to back up your poor etiquette, blame someone else for your actions page out of the play book.

Syncro - yeah, that map showed the election by county. It is telling though that so many people in diverse regions all put their belief into one ideology. It may not be the popular choice, true, and Soros there will just keep funding protests and lawsuits to keep everything nice and fresh for all to see.

Jan. 23, 2017, 12:41 p.m.

Syncro - yeah, that map showed the election by county. It is telling though that so many people in diverse regions all put their belief into one ideology. It may not be the popular choice, true, and Soros there will just keep funding protests and lawsuits to keep everything nice and fresh for all to see.

the map doesn't show vote percentages by county, just who won so it is accurate only from a very limited perspective. if the vote split was 50.5% vs 49.5% then the thought "that so many people in diverse regions all put their belief into one ideology" doesn't really hold true. stats and data are great, but depending on how they are used they don't tell the full story.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 23, 2017, 12:45 p.m.

Kinda like crying about an overtime loss wanting a do over. I think a lot of the people didn't vote because Hillary was such a poor candidate being jammed down their throats. Now look what happened, and they are crying about it.

Jan. 23, 2017, 1:09 p.m.

the map doesn't show vote percentages by county, just who won so it is accurate only from a very limited perspective. if the vote split was 50.5% vs 49.5% then the thought "that so many people in diverse regions all put their belief into one ideology" doesn't really hold true. stats and data are great, but depending on how they are used they don't tell the full story.

No, it does show that people from diverse regions thought alike; from farmers to industrialists and everything in between. Fact. The percentage is moot. Same can be said for the other side, too, perhaps; albeit greater concentrations in large cities.

Jan. 23, 2017, 1:13 p.m.

You've gone after my children. Others my wife. One member my dead father. A few posts back, someone was mentioning another forum I frequent. You know - typical harass until they lay dead, make sure there are numbers to back up your poor etiquette, blame someone else for your actions page out of the play book.

What? Obviously, that is totally unacceptable and as someone that generally enjoys hearing what you have to say around here I have your back if anyone gets too personal with you, but you can't generalize us all like that.

As far as ideologies there are at least 4 broad categories that govern the US, you have the status quo liberal HRC supporter, the progressive Bernie group, the fiscal conservative old school Republicans, and the Trump supporters vis a vis the Tea Party. The first 2 typically vote Democrat and the second 2 ALWAYS vote Republican, which gives them an edge to make up for the fact they don't have the same numbers overall. If Soros does what you say, that is straight from the playbook of the Tea Party and the Koch brothers.

I get pretty sick of hearing about the left ignoring the right, and that they have to be nicer to them and don't call them bad names after 8 years of outright hostility from the Tea Party. It is a divided country and neither side is being reasonable to the other, but quite honestly, the right is far better at whining about it, and with the thinnest skinned president in history that is not going to change. Hell, you are still complaining about "deplorables"? How many insults for "libruls" do you have at your fingertips? The shit flinging is going to go on for some time.

Jan. 23, 2017, 1:16 p.m.

Apply it to the popular vote, then.

66 million peeps didn't vote against the "deplorables", they voted against the deplorable Donald Trump.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.