Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Jan. 17, 2017, 4:19 p.m.

as presented the point is to mock trump, right? done by the media that fits the classic definition of bullying. however, maybe it's become acceptable as the public's perception of what's acceptable for the media to publish has been skewed for so long that they are no longer accountable as they used to be.

i'm not arguing to defend trump here, just arguing for accuracy/transparency in the charges against him.

Let me get this straight…. the media has a duty to only publish pictures of their subjects that are judged to be flattering by their subjects, or it's bullying? :lol:

Jan. 17, 2017, 4:21 p.m.

Megan Kelly isn't being nice, so she's bleeding from her eyes, from other places…

And in that photo of Trump, he was gesturing on how Rosie is a fat pig.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 17, 2017, 5:14 p.m.

Let me get this straight…. the media has a duty to only publish pictures of their subjects that are judged to be flattering by their subjects, or it's bullying? :lol:

i'll take fallacies for $200 alex.

what is a loaded question?

if the intent is to ridicule their target then no - they shouldn't publish it. plus as had been pointed out, the photo in question was purportedly photoshopped to make it look even more unflattering.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 18, 2017, 8:16 a.m.

as presented the point is to mock trump, right?

Would there be something wrong with that if it was? Since the advent of print journalism unflattering imagery has been used as a form of satire usually accompanying articles criticizing public figures, was that bullying?

done by the media that fits the classic definition of bullying.however, maybe it's become acceptable as the public's perception of what's acceptable for the media to publish has been skewed for so long that they are no longer accountable as they used to be.

I disagree. As I've repeated several times, I do not agree that posting pictures of a public figure that they deem to be unflattering, is bullying. If we don't agree on this simple premise, there is no need to continue the conversation.

if the intent is to ridicule their target then no - they shouldn't publish it.

So, if the media sources intention is to Mock, deride, scoff at, jeer, sneer, tease, taunt or satirize (cough Ridicule by definition) a public figure, it's bullying and they should not publish that sort of material?

plus as had been pointed out, the photo in question was purportedly photoshopped to make it look even more unflattering.

I thought we were talking about images in the media, now we're talking about the image that Chup posted again?

look at all the other times he has mocked people for stumbling/faltering in their speech - he's used the same gestures.

I watched a clip on youtube that tried to make this claim, maybe it's the one you're citing, I don't know. I didn't find the two other times that Trump mocked people in a similar, not identical, fashion, to be compelling enough evidence to believe that he was not mocking the reporters disability, which based on his past behavior of readily attacking any critic's appearance, seems reasonable to me.

it depends, do you mock everyone in that same manner when mocking their speech?
what's not been considered much here is the reporter himself - does he act in the manner trump is accused of mocking him in? nope. the reporter stands, walks and talks just like the rest of us, the difference being his hand is seized into a clawed position.

Bit of a reaching claim no? Does Trump mock everyone in the same manner? What evidence are you basing this on? Because, in my admittedly limited searching, the only evidence I've seen to support this is a youtube video where he mocks people in a similar (not identical) manner… twice. Maybe you've got a different source though.

i didn't see coilair as calling chup out, but making the claim of bullying against the paper or media outlet that printed the photo. in that light,

Out of curiosity where in his two posts did he 'make a claim of bullying against a paper or media outlet'? Just trying to figure out how you arrived at this interpretation.

Jan. 18, 2017, 8:46 a.m.

yes it is ironic, but coilair made a valid point wrt to his comment about the bully being bullied. some of those on the "left" are similar tactics that they themselves are decrying.

For the record, I support posting embarrassing pictures of almost all public figures unless it is mocking them for a disability, including any that I vote for. I don't even mind the nicknames unless they get overused. Points for cleverness.

Jan. 18, 2017, 10:26 a.m.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/donald-trump-s-inauguration-a-full-list-of-performers-1.3243090

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 18, 2017, 10:53 a.m.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/donald-trump-s-inauguration-a-full-list-of-performers-1.3243090

As I expected, the tv persona is gone and the rest of the CPC and government are going to be dealing with a smart and aggressive businessman.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 18, 2017, 12:57 p.m.

As I expected, the tv persona is gone and the rest of the CPC and government are going to be dealing with a smart and aggressive businessman.

O'leary being an incompetent and unethical businessman has been well documented; him being smart is the tv persona that's a lie.

Jan. 18, 2017, 1:13 p.m.

Wrong thread? The link that you quoted is a link to the list of 'stars' performing at Trump's inauguration… maybe you meant to respond to a post in the Dawn of Canadian Trumpism thread?

Jan. 18, 2017, 1:37 p.m.

Same ol rhetoric here, I see. I'm offended that you're not offended when someone else gets offended. :lol: Winter is coming…so many snowflakes

What specifically about the 'much bigger picture of Trump's behavior' supports your claim that he was not mocking the reporters disability?

So if I was to mock something silly that someone with, for sake of argument, Down Syndrome said, and instead of just repeating the words I altered my voice, gesticulated wildly and contorted my face, that would be totally acceptable? After all, I was mocking them because of what they said, not because of their disability? Get f*cking real dude. If he was mocking what the reporter said, he would have used words absent the gestures.

Let's say I'm satisfied with all of your other claims, that Trump wasn't mocking the reporter's disability, which I'm not, but for sake of argument…… How is someone who is running for President, mocking a journalist in front of 20,000 people to illicit jeers from the crowd the same as posting a picture of someone that they feel is unflattering, even though as I've said three times now, he's a 70 year old man and has nothing to be ashamed of. Are they not photographs of him?

You can tap dance all you like, it's a false equivalence.

Beyond that, in Coilair's own post, he agreed that Trump's intention was to 'make fun of the reporter's disability'.

Jan. 18, 2017, 1:49 p.m.

Same ol rhetoric here, I see. I'm offended that you're not offended when someone else gets offended. :lol: Winter is coming…so many snowflakes

:lol: Implying that the guy arguing that posting a bad picture of someone isn't bullying is a SJW :lol:

Classic tone-deaf Zedbra bullsh*t.

Jan. 18, 2017, 2:07 p.m.

I don't know what it was implying, I didn't want to get into it. I just saw the tears and moved on. Continue on, someone will get you back to your safe space okay.

Jan. 18, 2017, 3:06 p.m.

I don't know what it was implying, I didn't want to get into it. I just saw the tears and moved on. Continue on, someone will get you back to your safe space okay.

Nope.

If you were "moving on" or not getting into it you wouldn't have posted.

As usual you want to criticize and not have anyone respond.

Typical.

Jan. 18, 2017, 3:26 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWMKwdiZXrQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVbE67jMnNo

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 18, 2017, 3:30 p.m.

Nope.

If you were "moving on" or not getting into it you wouldn't have posted.

As usual you want to criticize and not have anyone respond.

Typical.

Imagine 6 billion people in your perfect image