Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Jan. 17, 2017, 12:55 p.m.

Holy christ, the last thing I am is an SJW. :lol:

So, jbazett, your logic implies that bullying is okay when you're bullying a bully who doesn't like being bullied. Am I reading that correctly? Forgive me if I don't see the "joke" in that. I think the USA and the rest of the world has more important things to concern themselves with over the next four years than whether or not their president has a double chin…

Whatever, if it makes you guys feel better to repost that photo, I won't be waiting with baited breath to see The Donald call out NSMB on his twitter account.

LOL. I wasn't implying that you are a social justice warrior, but c'mon, I am a bullying Trump now? Is it important that I use more flattering pics of him in this thread?

The joke is his thin skin, not his double chin. Sorry if I am not meeting your high standards for humour.

Jan. 17, 2017, 1 p.m.

Social Justice Warrior.

Thanks, never came across that one.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 17, 2017, 1:27 p.m.

LOL. I wasn't implying that you are a social justice warrior, but c'mon, I am a bullying Trump now? Is it important that I use more flattering pics of him in this thread?

The joke is his thin skin, not his double chin. Sorry if I am not meeting your high standards for humour.

Nah, do what you want. I do get it. I think his reactionary nature is hilarious. The whole "small hands" thing, the Baldwin impersonation on SNL, etc.

I guess it's just the closer we get to inauguration day, the less funny it becomes to me. This is really real. It's really happening. This is the world's next four years. The guy that doesn't want an unflattering photo of himself distributed will have the power to launch a nuke. The guy that referred to the size of his penis at the GOP debate will assume command of the largest military industrial complex in the world.

"There’s nobody bigger or better at the military than I am"

Ride, don't slide.

Jan. 17, 2017, 1:27 p.m.

So, jbazett, your logic implies that bullying is okay when you're bullying a bully who doesn't like being bullied. Am I reading that correctly? Forgive me if I don't see the "joke" in that. I think the USA and the rest of the world has more important things to concern themselves with over the next four years than whether or not their president has a double chin…

I never mentioned bullying and I don't think that posting pictures of someone that they consider to be unflattering is bullying. I think that mocking someone with a disability in front of 20,000 people is bullying though.

I think I explained myself very clearly, but let me spell it out a little more for you.

It's ironic that someone who constantly attacks people's appearances and calls people thin skinned, gets so offended by what they see (as I said in my post, it's not even an unflattering picture, he's a 70 year old man. We're all going to have some extra neck when we hit 70) as an unflattering picture of themselves that they would resort to threats. Irony is funny.

Do you think that posting pictures of Donald Trump that he considers unflattering is the same as mocking a reporter with a disability in front of 20,000 die-hard followers to illicit a negative reaction from the crowd? Would you consider holding a mirror up in front of someone bullying? How about snapping a Polaroid picture of them?

As I said, it's a false equivalence. If you don't see the humor in it, that's alright. But check the bullshit false equivalent at the door.

Jan. 17, 2017, 1:28 p.m.

As I said, it's a false equivalence. If you don't see the humor in it, that's alright. But check the bullshit false equivalent at the door.

F̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶P̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶.̶

You know what, no I've changed my mind. I'm in agreement with Syncro's arguments on the next page(s).

Ride, don't slide.

Jan. 17, 2017, 2:01 p.m.

Storm the Swamp!

Donald Trump is offering free tickets to his inauguration [HTML_REMOVED]#8212; and it's totally backfiring….

Yet the effort did not garner the expected response, with hundreds of people leaving comments detailing all of the the things they'd rather do than see Trump take the oath of office, including getting root canal surgery and walking "barefoot through broken glass."

"My dog needs her anal glands expressed that day. I figured I should learn to do it myself, since we are going to be reluctantly cleaning up ???? in a few years anyway," one user wrote on the video, which Pence posted to his Facebook account.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 17, 2017, 2:20 p.m.

I guess it's just the closer we get to inauguration day, the less funny it becomes to me. This is really real. It's really happening.

I hear you man. I think it is a "laugh to keep from crying" situation for me. His presidency terrifies me.

Jan. 17, 2017, 2:29 p.m.

Personally I am NORMALLY opposed to making fun of any public figure based on appearance or other unimportant traits as it's distracting to conversations of actually substance.

Trump is an exception though, somehow me managed to get to office despite countless articles, testimonies and historical evidence of how unsuitable and unqualified he is. He can lie countless times and see literally ZERO repercussions. His mocking of others based on physical appearance begs for the same treatment in return.

So yeah, he deserves every tasteless meme, mocking skit and even outright lie (#GoldenShower) that the internet can throw at him. With luck he'll have a heart attack in the midst of some rage filled twitter rant.

Jan. 17, 2017, 3:04 p.m.

It's ironic that someone who constantly attacks people's appearances and calls people thin skinned, gets so offended by what they see

I don't find it ironic. That's how insecure bullies act.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 17, 2017, 3:31 p.m.

It's completely different. You need a sense of humor.

Trump wasn't joking, he was mocking a disabled reporter in front of a crowd of supporters. His intention wasn't to make others laugh, it was to hurt the reporter's reputation and mock his disability.

Chup's intention was to make others laugh, it's called a joke.

The reason it's funny is that Trump, who has attacked the appearance of pretty much every one of his political opponents, their spouses, media personalities, celebrities, former beauty queens and pretty much anyone who has criticized him, put out a press release threatening repercussions if the media continued to use 'unflattering' pictures of him. It's double funny because he attacks Liberals, calling them 'special little snowflakes' because they want 'safe spaces' while simultaneously asking for special treatment from the media because he doesn't want to look fat in photos.

It's ironic when someone who constantly attacks other people's appearance, whines about others 'attacking his appearance', especially when he's literally calling people fat pigs and whining about someone using an image of him with a double chin. Irony is generally pretty hilarious.

If you don't get the joke, that's cool. If you don't understand it, that's cool too. Drawing a false equivalence between mocking a disabled person in front of thousands of supporters and intentionally posting an unflattering picture of someone (which, to be honest, isn't even that unflattering considering that he's a 70 year old man) who constantly ridicules other's appearances is just ridiculous.

great speech, but it's predicated on a 5sec video and ignoring a much bigger picture of trump's behaviour. if you look at all the evidence surrounding this issue it becomes clear that while he was mocking the reporter, trump wasn't mocking him because of his disability. it's the same with his comments on mexican rapists that got everyone in a mess the use of they're vs their. the press reported it as "they're" but contextually, if you look at the whole speech it seems far more likely that he said "their".

so to say that this is a example of false equivalence is only true if you go on the distorted and probably outright incorrect view of events that the media has presented to us.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 17, 2017, 3:42 p.m.

It's ironic that someone who constantly attacks people's appearances and calls people thin skinned, gets so offended by what they see (as I said in my post, it's not even an unflattering picture, he's a 70 year old man. We're all going to have some extra neck when we hit 70) as an unflattering picture of themselves that they would resort to threats. Irony is funny.

yes it is ironic, but coilair made a valid point wrt to his comment about the bully being bullied. some of those on the "left" are similar tactics that they themselves are decrying.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 17, 2017, 3:49 p.m.

yes it is ironic, but coilair made a valid point wrt to his comment about the bully being bullied. some of those on the "left" are similar tactics that they themselves are decrying.

The media publishing an image for a news article of a public figure that they think is unflattering is bullying?

Interesting.

Jan. 17, 2017, 4:04 p.m.

great speech, but it's predicated on a 5sec video and ignoring a much bigger picture of trump's behaviour.

What specifically about the 'much bigger picture of Trump's behavior' supports your claim that he was not mocking the reporters disability?

if you look at all the evidence surrounding this issue it becomes clear that while he was mocking the reporter, trump wasn't mocking him because of his disability.

So if I was to mock something silly that someone with, for sake of argument, Down Syndrome said, and instead of just repeating the words I altered my voice, gesticulated wildly and contorted my face, that would be totally acceptable? After all, I was mocking them because of what they said, not because of their disability? Get f*cking real dude. If he was mocking what the reporter said, he would have used words absent the gestures.

so to say that this is a example of false equivalence is only true if you go on the distorted and probably outright incorrect view of events that the media has presented to us.

Let's say I'm satisfied with all of your other claims, that Trump wasn't mocking the reporter's disability, which I'm not, but for sake of argument…… How is someone who is running for President, mocking a journalist in front of 20,000 people to illicit jeers from the crowd the same as posting a picture of someone that they feel is unflattering, even though as I've said three times now, he's a 70 year old man and has nothing to be ashamed of. Are they not photographs of him?

You can tap dance all you like, it's a false equivalence.

Beyond that, in Coilair's own post, he agreed that Trump's intention was to 'make fun of the reporter's disability'.

isn't unlike him making fun of a disabled person based on their appearance.

Jan. 17, 2017, 4:05 p.m.

The media publishing an image for a news article of a public figure that they think is unflattering is bullying?

Interesting.

as presented the point is to mock trump, right? done by the media that fits the classic definition of bullying. however, maybe it's become acceptable as the public's perception of what's acceptable for the media to publish has been skewed for so long that they are no longer accountable as they used to be.

i'm not arguing to defend trump here, just arguing for accuracy/transparency in the charges against him.

Ellen Langer

Jan. 17, 2017, 4:14 p.m.

What specifically about the 'much bigger picture of Trump's behavior' supports your claim that he was not mocking the reporters disability?

look at all the other times he has mocked people for stumbling/faltering in their speech - he's used the same gestures.

So if I was to mock something silly that someone with, for sake of argument, Down Syndrome said, and instead of just repeating the words I altered my voice, gesticulated wildly and contorted my face, that would be totally acceptable? After all, I was mocking them because of what they said, not because of their disability? Get f*cking real dude. If he was mocking what the reporter said, he would have just said the words.

it depends, do you mock everyone in that same manner when mocking their speech?
what's not been considered much here is the reporter himself - does he act in the manner trump is accused of mocking him in? nope. the reporter stands, walks and talks just like the rest of us, the difference being his hand is seized into a clawed position.

Let's say I'm satisfied with all of your other claims, that Trump wasn't mocking the reporter's disability, which I don't, but for sake of argument. How is someone who is running for President, mocking a journalist in front of 20,000 people to illicit jeers from the crowd the same as posting a picture of someone that they feel is unflattering, even though as I've said three times now, he's a 70 year old man and has nothing to be ashamed of.

You can tap dance all you like, it's a false equivalence.

i didn't see coilair as calling chup out, but making the claim of bullying against the paper or media outlet that printed the photo. in that light,

Ellen Langer