Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

Jan. 12, 2017, 1:36 p.m.

I am really curious how all of this is going to develop in the next few months/years.

The whole issue with China that is currently developping does really seem to be nothing more than a great piece taken straight from Orwell's 1984. Could really be used in the classroom.

What's happening is like a prequel to the movie Rollerball.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 12, 2017, 1:52 p.m.

The movie from the 70s? I remember having seen it decades ago.

well, in retrospect it might be said that Orwell was really worried by fascism and nationalism as political ideas and ideologies, whereas the idea of the industrial-military complex was only emerging.

Still, the way Trump and his team do fous on their perceived enemies is straight from Dystopia.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 12, 2017, 2:03 p.m.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/the-violent-post-truth-2017-predicted-in-the-running-man-we-re-living-in-it-a7506776.html

Jan. 12, 2017, 2:50 p.m.

I think it's more like a prequel to Robot Jox

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/27/giant-avatar-style-robot-takes-first-steps-south-korea/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Jox

South Korean War robot in development.

Robot Jox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kd642Ix5ks

Jan. 13, 2017, 12:34 p.m.

I think the bowl is almost full. Even Trump can flush a pile of shit this big down the toilet.

America… you were great, and you will be missed.

story here

Jan. 14, 2017, 10:11 a.m.

She was fine until this interview, and now has no credibility.

The Trump group is very worried about his legitimacy and are all over the place, but they are consistent in their denials of the recent issues. Trump doth protests to much.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/224-press-releases-2017/1469-dni-clapper-statement-on-conversation-with-president-elect-trump

Jan. 15, 2017, 2:24 a.m.

Remember when Clapper appeared before a Senate Committee, in the days before Snowden, and swore under oath that the US government absolutely, positively did not ever collect any information on American citizens.

A believable guy.

Not sure if sarcasm, or not. In case it is not. How naive, uneducated and uninformed does the average Citizen Joe or Jane have to be to believe in this?

Oh wait…rhetorical question…..

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 16, 2017, 9:24 a.m.

Anyone notice Tungsten/Shogun/Bushman are posting a lot less links to RT or Youtube videos of Putin "tellin' it like it is" these days?

I wonder why?

Jan. 16, 2017, 9:58 a.m.

Anyone notice Tungsten/Shogun/Bushman are posting a lot less links to RT or Youtube videos of Putin "tellin' it like it is" these days?

I wonder why?

A few days ago I was wondering why they sort of stopped posting so much, the odd post here and there but not that much as before.

Anyways, back on track. Anyone of you read Trumps latest Euro and Nato related interview? Classical right-wing populist stuff.

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 16, 2017, 11:12 a.m.

Anyways, back on track. Anyone of you read Trumps latest Euro and Nato related interview? Classical right-wing populist stuff.

I assumed he was too busy tweeting about how SNL hurt his wittle feewings to actually talk about policy in interviews these days. Going to have to track that down haha.

Jan. 16, 2017, 11:34 a.m.

I assumed he was too busy tweeting about how SNL hurt his wittle feewings to actually talk about policy in interviews these days. Going to have to track that down haha.

Trump just threatened to dismantle the European-American alliance as we know it

It'll be an interesting four (eight? shudder) years.

I thought this comment on reddit was pretty insightful.

I think the second part of your question is the easiest to answer first. In his mind, his mind, is indeed the country. This self regard for his opinion is only likely to be heightened now that he's been mandated by the American people. In other words he's speaking for his country, because he can - to late to do anything now.

The first part is more complicated, and I took a few downvotes for expanding on it last week, but this latest interview only serves to reinforce my view I was right.

Political commentators have been continually caught out by Trump because they're viewing everything through the limitations of their own training; political commentary. They haven't seen anything like Trump before, and don't know how to judge him.

Trump is a businessman. For this reason viewing him through the prism of a business commentator makes him much easier to read. His background is not one of partnership working and political collaboration. It's about establishing market superiority. It's entirely predictable that he sees the EU as a competitor, in much the same way as he would a rival hotel chain.

If he's thinking in these sorts of terms, then he has an interest in weakening the components that constitute his rival. He also has a temporary interest in giving the UK a decent deal. He suspects that this becomes a European wedge issue. He's predicting Brexit will be a success (and remember he doesn't like being wrong) because he knows he's in a position to help make it one (remember he's anglophile).

Now I don't know if Ted Malloch has been appointed yet? I don't think he has? But he's been giving some very revealing interviews in the UK during the last week.

Ride, don't slide.

Jan. 16, 2017, 11:53 a.m.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 16, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

Jan. 16, 2017, 12:35 p.m.

this is hilarious. fake or not.

Ride, don't slide.

Jan. 16, 2017, 1:46 p.m.

There sure isn't much day light between Trump's words and the Russian talking points when it comes to Germany, NATO and the EU. Another coincidence?

Whenever possible, we must only use this picture of Trump. Because he doesn't want us to.