Donald Trump... Narcissist in Chief!

March 8, 2017, 6:56 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Are you saying that public washroom trannies are not the massive problem I have been lead to believe?

Going back to the last election, what kind of stories were left out?  Do you think that they ignore them completely, or just supply minimal coverage to make them seem like less important than they really are?

Isn't it sad how worked up people get over what other people label themselves as?  They need some Jesus Up On The Mount in their lives.

As for the election... the only thing worse than scripted reality TV shows are scripted reality TV shows written by massive committees. That, and the obviousness that the entity producing its content has a preferred winner so the well is good and poisoned.

Call me when they do real debates taking any questions from the floor and they're not given those questions beforehand.

March 8, 2017, 11:10 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: chupacabra

Are you saying that public washroom trannies are not the massive problem I have been lead to believe?

Going back to the last election, what kind of stories were left out?  Do you think that they ignore them completely, or just supply minimal coverage to make them seem like less important than they really are?

Isn't it sad how worked up people get over what other people label themselves as?  They need some Jesus Up On The Mount in their lives.

As for the election... the only thing worse than scripted reality TV shows are scripted reality TV shows written by massive committees. That, and the obviousness that the entity producing its content has a preferred winner so the well is good and poisoned.

Call me when they do real debates taking any questions from the floor and they're not given those questions beforehand.

I think I would have a heart attack so I might not be able to make that call.  So ya, good point.  The debates do have a major impact on elections and they are brutally scripted, and because of that they are also perceived by both sides as being unfair, although this is an area within the news media where politicians have a lot of control.  Both sides want questions they can tee up and knock out of the park and without their attendance, there are no debates.

March 8, 2017, 12:56 p.m.

wtf won't let me insert link? come up blank

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/03/08/fresh-doubts-about-russian-hacking/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Last edited by: tungsten on March 8, 2017, 12:59 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 9, 2017, 8:02 p.m.

Hypothesize for a moment that the "scandal" here is real, but in a limited sense: Trump's surrogates have not colluded with Russians, but have had “contacts,” and recognize their political liability, and lie about them. Investigators then leak the true details of these contacts, leaving the wild speculations to the media and the Internet. Trump is enough of a pig and a menace that it's easy to imagine doing this and not feeling terribly sorry that your leaks have been over-interpreted.

If that's the case, there are big dangers for the press. If we engage in Times-style gilding of every lily the leakers throw our way, and in doing so build up a fever of expectations for a bombshell reveal, but there turns out to be no conspiracy – Trump will be pre-inoculated against all criticism for the foreseeable future.

The press has to cover this subject. But it can't do it with glibness and excitement, laughing along to _SNL _routines, before it knows for sure what it's dealing with. Reporters should be scared to their marrow by this story. This is a high-wire act and it is a very long way down. We might want to leave the jokes and the nicknames be, until we get to the other side – wherever that is.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/taibbi-russia-story-is-a-minefield-for-democrats-and-the-media-w471074

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Last edited by: tungsten on March 9, 2017, 8:03 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 10, 2017, 12:34 p.m.

That is definitely good advice, not only with respect to Trump but almost every other situation as well. 

Reason, thinking an issue through, making a decision based on evidence etc. - and not following each and every impulse blindly.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

March 10, 2017, 2:01 p.m.

The best advice is to limit ownership of media companies.

March 13, 2017, 9:35 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

wtf won't let me insert link? come up blank

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/03/08/fresh-doubts-about-russian-hacking/

What else does Julian Assange, RT television personality, have to tell us?  lol.

The day that he publishes something that makes Putin or Russia look bad I will start to consider that maybe I am wrong and he isn't just a conduit for Russian propaganda.

March 13, 2017, 9:40 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Hypothesize for a moment that the "scandal" here is real, but in a limited sense: Trump's surrogates have not colluded with Russians, but have had “contacts,” and recognize their political liability, and lie about them. Investigators then leak the true details of these contacts, leaving the wild speculations to the media and the Internet. Trump is enough of a pig and a menace that it's easy to imagine doing this and not feeling terribly sorry that your leaks have been over-interpreted.

If that's the case, there are big dangers for the press. If we engage in Times-style gilding of every lily the leakers throw our way, and in doing so build up a fever of expectations for a bombshell reveal, but there turns out to be no conspiracy – Trump will be pre-inoculated against all criticism for the foreseeable future.

The press has to cover this subject. But it can't do it with glibness and excitement, laughing along to _SNL _routines, before it knows for sure what it's dealing with. Reporters should be scared to their marrow by this story. This is a high-wire act and it is a very long way down. We might want to leave the jokes and the nicknames be, until we get to the other side – wherever that is.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/taibbi-russia-story-is-a-minefield-for-democrats-and-the-media-w471074

I think there is truth in this.  How else can you explain how clueless they all have been?  If there was collusion they would at least have their stories straight.  Or maybe this is a group of the stupidest people to ever occupy the Oval Office.  it is hard to rule out either scenario.

March 13, 2017, 6:15 p.m.

So no proof on wiretaps, and Conway/Spicer again looking stupid trying to explain.

Meanwhile, Trump hides.

Last edited by: switch on March 13, 2017, 6:16 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 14, 2017, 9:13 a.m.

Posted by: switch

So no proof on wiretaps, and Conway/Spicer again looking stupid trying to explain.

Meanwhile, Trump hides.

Well....Spicer had the flag all wrong, or did he?

March 14, 2017, 9:24 a.m.

Meanwhile, Trump hides.

I thought we settled this and Obama would listen to Trump while he made popcorn?

March 16, 2017, 6:43 a.m.

Any spectacular news? 

Over here, the right-wing populists did not win the election in the Netherlands.

March 16, 2017, 10:45 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Any spectacular news? 

Over here, the right-wing populists did not win the election in the Netherlands.

Trump's "muslim immigration ban" (or whatever pet name he has given it this time) was again blocked by the courts.

March 16, 2017, 3:53 p.m.

Any spectacular news? 

Trump and team are back pedalling on accusations of Obama wiretaps.  They said the NSA is spying on people through their television sets and microwaves, lol.

Somebody dumped the first couple pages of Trump's 2005 tax return into some reporters mail inbox.  It's just a summary, but it shows he paid income tax.  No one can figure out who "leaked" the couple of pages, but Trump said he'll find out (which should be very easy for him to do...).

Trump is backing away from ownership of his health care repeal bill after poor support from Congress, including his own party.

Unemployment rate fell 0.2% and economy added over 200,000 new jobs.  Trump takes credit for jobs created and now says unemployment rate number is valid.

Pretty good comedy, but sad state of affairs.

March 17, 2017, 9:17 a.m.

Any spectacular news? 

Trump and team are back pedalling on accusations of Obama wiretaps.  They said the NSA is spying on people through their television sets and microwaves, lol.

Somebody dumped the first couple pages of Trump's 2005 tax return into some reporters mail inbox.  It's just a summary, but it shows he paid income tax.  No one can figure out who "leaked" the couple of pages, but Trump said he'll find out (which should be very easy for him to do...).

Trump is backing away from ownership of his health care repeal bill after poor support from Congress, including his own party.

Unemployment rate fell 0.2% and economy added over 200,000 new jobs.  Trump takes credit for jobs created and now says unemployment rate number is valid.

Pretty good comedy, but sad state of affairs.

Hold on....they really said that the NSA is spying on people through their TV sets and microwaves? 

For real?