Dog Grief

Oct. 12, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

It is never an easy thing to do, and it sucks so hard.

All you can think about is how you gave that little critter the best life you could.

Oct. 12, 2016, 1:42 p.m.

give it time until your family is ready..

then a new pet can help fill the hole left behind, it def. heals with the long term healing.. but like i said the loss and grief never really go away. they just ease off and then come back from time to time with a trigger..

that one godam sarah Mclachlan song gets me everytime.. the one they use in the SPCA ads… thats a onion cutter for me

Oct. 13, 2016, 7:52 a.m.

Been there too, had to put down my childhood dog when I was 18. Still makes me a little sad decades later.

Sorry for your loss

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 13, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

As a dog Family…we feel ya.
Sadz day :(

Oct. 13, 2016, 11:20 a.m.

Dogs are the best. Losing them is the worst. I feel for you.
Our's has put her back out twice now. I am pretty sure the next time is going to be the last. Have already started prepping the wife.

Oct. 13, 2016, 11:35 a.m.

I think the most I have ever publicly lost my shit was putting the family dog down. He was suffering and old, totally the right thing to do, but it just felt wrong as I held him and he died in my arms when the vet injected him. I was so upset I think the vet was taken aback.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 16, 2016, 7:55 p.m.

My riding buddy Joe had another heart attack today. It was his 4th in 3 weeks, second in two days. I made the call to let him go comfortably.

He was a golden retriever. I kept thinking he never gave up ever. Occasionally on a ride that went longer than expected he would fall behind. But he would never stop. To the point he could barely walk the next day. I felt like shit when that happened because I was supposed to take better care and make sure to call it when he was getting worn out.

Today I could tell he would have fought and fought but I couldn't ask him to do that. Hardest call I ever made. Still feel like I let him down

He was with me everyday, rode with me every week, came on every trail run for the last 12 years. He welcomed home both my daughters. Would protect them, let them dress him up and tolerate any tail pulling they could dish out.

Every morning he was pushing me to get outside and do something. I am going to miss that guy so much. I already do.

I feel ya buddy. The pain is real all you can do is feel it.

Oct. 17, 2016, 6:09 a.m.

Sorry for your loss man, never easy loosing a beastie.

You've been through this before so you know better than most that it will get better eventually. Cheers man.

slow is smooth and smooth is fast