Do you support or agree with the nationwide Protests?

Feb. 21, 2020, 1:45 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Don’t forget your One Call Marcus.

Call before you dig?

Feb. 21, 2020, 1:52 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

If it were up to this moderate liberal I would have given them 24 hours notice and brought in the military.

Certainly, if starting a civil war is your goal, then that's the way to do it.

So we should just sit on our hands?  And can you tell me why so many of them cover their faces. If so sincere I would want you to see my face.

How fucked up is this:

At the Broadway Cambie protest 2+ weeks ago, I had to walk away from some Tonto because he went from saying I'm "spiritually balding", which myself and the VPD close by thought was funny and we grinned/laughed to "thats why we stopped scalping you". Not so funny.

Now, I'm not sure about anyone of you but I had some questions. Such as 'has he ever scalped someone' or 'can you properly scalp someone with shaved head' or 'lets breathalyze this day drunk dumbass and get him off the street'.

After that I was going to ask the many VPD officers standing around how citizens arrests worked and if I could borrow some hand cuffs.

Feb. 21, 2020, 2:04 p.m.

Scalping was a practice imported by the European settlers in the Connecticut and Massachusetts colonies, as a way account for paying bounties for killing natives.

Feb. 21, 2020, 2:18 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

for real ^^ this happened?  man that's ugly.

All part of the revisionist history courtesy movies and tv that Indigenous people did the scalping.

Feb. 21, 2020, 2:21 p.m.

Scalping was a practice imported by the European settlers in the Connecticut and Massachusetts colonies, as a way account for paying bounties for killing natives.

Cartier was shown several scalps by natives in what is now Quebec though, so I am not so sure that it wasn't an existing practice within some of the first nations.

Feb. 21, 2020, 2:42 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: ReductiMat

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

If you're going to quote Dr. King please have the decency to attribute his words to him. And during black history month! You should be ashamed of yourself. Now go stand in the corner.

If Putin was doing this, would you be ok with it?

Go d/t and punch a native person in the face. I dare you.

He stole it from me while I was living in Crimea.

Feb. 21, 2020, 2:59 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Cartier was shown several scalps by natives in what is now Quebec though, so I am not so sure that it wasn't an existing practice within some of the first nations.

There is apparently some evidence that some warring FN tribes practised it long ago (like 1300s) as a trophy of battle, but a bit more spotty about whether it was carried out much later than that. But there is solid evidence of a separate historical record of paying bounties for scalps within the settler communities.

Last edited by: KenN on Feb. 21, 2020, 3 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 21, 2020, 6:53 p.m.

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

If you're going to quote Dr. King please have the decency to attribute his words to him. And during black history month! You should be ashamed of yourself. Now go stand in the corner.

You're lucky if your nazi friends had discovered it on you they would have necklaced you!

Now go stand in the corner and this time face the wall.

Feb. 21, 2020, 7:05 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

There is apparently some evidence that some warring FN tribes practised it long ago (like 1300s) as a trophy of battle, but a bit more spotty about whether it was carried out much later than that. But there is solid evidence of a separate historical record of paying bounties for scalps within the settler communities.

Don't worry, there's always "pegging"!

Robertson’s first experience with treating a scalping victim was in 1777. The patient was scalped so “nearly the whole of his head skinned.” Dr. Vance was treating the man but could not remain for a prolonged period of time so instructed Robertson in the art of skull boring. Vance demonstrated how to bore holes as the skull became black. Robertson described the method, “I have found that a flat pointed straight awl is the best instrument to bore with, as the skull is thick, and somewhat difficult to penetrate. When the awl is nearly through, this instrument should be borne more lightly upon. The time to quit boring is when a reddish fluid appears on the point of the awl. I bore, at first, about one inch apart, and, as the flesh appears to rise in those holes, I bore a number more between the first.”[9] Besides boring holes in the skull the wound had to be cleaned and dressed at least once a day to prevent infection. The patient recovered from the scalping.

Apparently, the success rate for this treatment was very good. The scalped head, according to Robertson, “cures very slowly” and the average recovery period was two years. Remarkably, Robertson reported that hair would even grow back, although not as thickly, on the new scalp. The patient would regain feeling once the new skin grew sufficiently to attach to the edge of the uninjured part of the original flesh remaining on the skull.

This method of boring, or pegging, used during the colonial period continues to be practiced today.

https://allthingsliberty.com/2013/05/how-to-treat-a-scalped-head/

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 21, 2020, 7:07 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 22, 2020, 8:20 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

If it were up to this moderate liberal I would have given them 24 hours notice and brought in the military.

Certainly, if starting a civil war is your goal, then that's the way to do it.

So we should just sit on our hands? And can you tell me why so many of them cover their faces. If so sincere I would want you to see my face.

How fucked up is this:

At the Broadway Cambie protest 2+ weeks ago, I had to walk away from some Tonto because he went from saying I'm "spiritually balding", which myself and the VPD close by thought was funny and we grinned/laughed to "thats why we stopped scalping you". Not so funny.

Now, I'm not sure about anyone of you but I had some questions. Such as 'has he ever scalped someone' or 'can you properly scalp someone with shaved head' or 'lets breathalyze this day drunk dumbass and get him off the street'.

After that I was going to ask the many VPD officers standing around how citizens arrests worked and if I could borrow some hand cuffs.

Yes there is nothing peaceful about these blockades I see them as taunting and just waiting for the other side to take the first swing. Then they will say they didn’t start it. And Ken, if someone was holding your family hostage your telling me you would be ok with that. This natural gas project is fiscally good for EVERYONE including First Nations. I also think that besides Canada receiving the fiscal benefits of selling our natural resources to manufacturing countries like China etc, may possibly lower their reliance on coal and oil which I think would be good for all.

And nobody’s explained to me why so many of them cover their faces. I feel it’s to look threatening, and don’t tell me it’s the cold weather.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Feb. 22, 2020, 8:23 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 22, 2020, 2:07 p.m.

And nobody’s explained to me why so many of them cover their faces. I feel it’s to look threatening, and don’t tell me it’s the cold weather.

C'mon man, teh pigs are using facial recognition tech everone knows that.

Feb. 22, 2020, 4:33 p.m.

You're lucky if your nazi friends had discovered it on you they would have necklaced you!

Now go stand in the corner and this time face the wall.

Keep on listening to your Fox News.

Feb. 22, 2020, 5:07 p.m.

So? What do they have to hide? Are they criminals?

Last edited by: FLATCH on Feb. 22, 2020, 5:31 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 22, 2020, 5:28 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: JBV

for real ^^ this happened?  man that's ugly.

All part of the revisionist history courtesy movies and tv that Indigenous people did the scalping.

Syncro, if one takes the time and actual effort  to dig through history especially early history of Upper and Lower Canada there is a lot of history hidden and it paints a far darker history than the current narrative. As well as some interesting buried bits that reveal how the English for example got people to come to the colonies.

Feb. 22, 2020, 6:48 p.m.

This will help. https://www.reflectacles.com/phantom