Do you support or agree with the nationwide Protests?

Feb. 20, 2020, 11:14 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: FLATCH

You can’t compare a project that is economically beneficial to many, including their own, to Putin looking to annex a nation. You’re not down on Commercial are you.

Putin didn't annex a nation. He rescued the several generations of Russian speaking nationals who were the majority in Crimea from the facists installed in Ukraine by the psychotic yanke scum.

I was. Pffffffffffft...........

HAHA. He has really conned you. The area is about 60% Russian heritage, but how does that justify an invasion? Can France annex Quebec? Crimea should never have never been made part of Ukraine, but it was, by the Soviet Union.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Feb. 20, 2020, 11:14 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 20, 2020, 11:17 a.m.

Yeah Horgan would have been on the phone to Trudeau, so just arrest some FN and this will all go away eventualy.

But its hasn't, instead it has blown up in their face big time because again here is whitey fucking over the FN ( of which there are almost 1 million in Canada) for all these years and this is the last straw so what you got here is Idle no more V2.0, so  I understand but did not expect this level of support & protest

The Wetsueten are a nation within a nation, if you don't believe that listen to an elder speak their language, I can't pronounce any of the words, when addressing a public gathering up here it is very customary to acknowledge that we are on unceded Wetsueten lands as a show of respect and SO as the leader of his nation Horgan has dissed the Wetsueten nation and so now its up to Trudeau is what I am reading

You got that 100% right about the Mohawk, yes I forgot Oka and I am betting the OPP are also pretty nervous about what could happen

the Wetsueten are not to be worried about IME the RCMP cleared the blockade twice with out any violnce, they are for the most part pretty chill,

I had a beer with John Risdale back in the day but I didn't know his traditional name or that he was a grand chief until I seen a picture of him in his button blanket at some protest , I seem to remember he was just a regular guy, we were talking about women and stuff guys talk about ... nothing about land claims eh

Last edited by: XXX_er on Feb. 20, 2020, 11:44 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 20, 2020, 11:29 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: KenN

http://activehistory.ca/2020/02/exposing-the-settler-playbook-responses-to-shutdowncanada-in-historical-context/

"Settlers use a number of strategies to maintain the colonial status quo, including distorting or dismissing the past, doublespeak and deceit, divide-and-conquer politics, paternalism, invoking a singular “rule of law,” and, of course, violence and coercion. Our hope is that by exposing some of the discursive tactics in the settler playbook – and putting them in historical context – we can help settlers to see these “moves to innocence” for what they are. As well, we want to show that settlers can choose how to respond in these moments. Instead of treading the familiar paths of colonial hubris that have led to so much pain and damage, we invite settlers to recognize the limits of our knowledge and experience and to listen to Indigenous elders, youth, scholars, and knowledge keepers. In the case of the Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs, their calls are clear: the RCMP must leave their territory and the Coastal GasLink project must pause for nation-to-nation negotiations.

We have heard from the brave people putting their bodies on the line at numerous blockades that they are not there for themselves but for future generations. As Dr. Karla Tait, director of programming for the Unist’ot’en Healing Centre, states, Wet’suwet’en women are taking a stand “to protect the lands for all the future generations that depend on it.” Land defenders are acting out of love and are taking risks to protect land and life for us all. Instead of deploying the same old tactics and strategies to talk down to Indigenous people and to justify violence against them, we want to find generative and life-affirming ways to respond that might help shape a new playbook based on respect, good relations, and reciprocity."

I guess I just want to know what is really in this new playbook. It sounds nice, but what does it actually mean? At the end of the day, there needs to be laws and regulations that govern us all regardless of whether or not some people hundreds of years ago gave some families hereditary powers. Without clear borders between lands, this will go on forever. I would like to give the bands lands in one mega-deal that settles this once and for all (wishful thinking I know). If the pipeline goes through their territories then they have every legal right as owners to decide what to do and if they want their hereditary chiefs to decide, then that is fine.

I don't think it is disrespectful to claim that ALL of us have rights and a say as to what we do with the land. If they manage to stop the building of this pipeline I am happy with that outcome, but I don't like the idea that we are just settlers trying to make a deal for a place we can call home. We are way past that.

they didnt thro up a fence around those 22,000 kms of land, I been behind the unistolten blockade doing forestry research by mtn bike we asked and they let us in, there is one bridge but you could get in if you had  a boat and thats how the land defender got back in, -32 that week pretty cold for a camp out 

but Delgamuukw and Tsilcotin decisions say the Wetsueten do have a say in what goes on because they never gave up their lands, read the Royal proclaimation of 1763 which was designed to run Canada after the english took it from the french

But you ARE just a settler, and your nation is was trying to steal it ... again

Last edited by: XXX_er on Feb. 20, 2020, 11:34 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 20, 2020, 1:06 p.m.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/treaty-negotiator-letter-wetsuweten-1.5469932

A good artical on the BC gov " picking their indians "

" A former B.C. treaty negotiator is calling out the provincial government for its role in the Wet'suwet'en conflict over the Coastal GasLink pipeline, saying the provincial and federal governments acknowledged long ago that the hereditary chiefs are the appropriate people to negotiate with on matters of rights and title. "

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/south-shore-commute-1.5469503

" Legault said the Kahnawake blockade will not be dismantled by the Quebec government, because it is on Mohawk territory. "

must be chicken eh ^^ the Wetsueten blockades for rail & highway were also on their land, in fact all the way from Burnslake to Terrace the highway & CN main run thru FN land, so a big group of cousins can just walk out the door and have a blockade which is what they did

Last edited by: XXX_er on Feb. 20, 2020, 1:26 p.m., edited 4 times in total.
Feb. 20, 2020, 6:35 p.m.

teh commies say...

*Shut Down Canada Until It Solves Its War, Oil, and Genocide Problem.*

*Canada should be shut down (as should the United States) until it recognizes that it has a problem and begins to mend its ways.*

And even if Canada didn’t need to be shut down, CANSEC would need to be shut down.

CANSEC is one of the largest annual weapons shows in North America. Here’s how it describes itself, a list of exhibitors, and a list of the members of the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries which hosts CANSEC.

CANSEC facilitates Canada’s role as a major weapons dealer to the world, and the second biggest weapons exporter to the Middle East. So does ignorance. In the late 1980s opposition to a forerunner of CANSEC called ARMX created a great deal of media coverage. The result was a new public awareness, which led to a ban on weapons shows on city property in Ottawa, which lasted 20 years.

The gap left by media silence on Canadian weapons dealing is filled with misleading claims about Canada’s supposed role as a peacekeeper and participant in supposedly humanitarian wars, as well as the non-legal justification for wars known as “the responsibility to protect.”

In reality, Canada is a major marketer and seller of weapons and components of weapons, with two of its top customers being the United States and Saudi Arabia. The United States is the world’s leading marketer and seller of weapons, some of which weapons contain Canadian parts. CANSEC’s exhibitors include weapons companies from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and elsewhere.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/20/shut-down-canada-until-it-solves-its-war-oil-and-genocide-problem/

amen

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 20, 2020, 6:41 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Feb. 20, 2020, 9:44 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

teh commies say...

*Shut Down Canada Until It Solves Its War, Oil, and Genocide Problem.*

*Canada should be shut down (as should the United States) until it recognizes that it has a problem and begins to mend its ways.*

And even if Canada didn’t need to be shut down, CANSEC would need to be shut down.

CANSEC is one of the largest annual weapons shows in North America. Here’s how it describes itself, a list of exhibitors, and a list of the members of the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries which hosts CANSEC.

CANSEC facilitates Canada’s role as a major weapons dealer to the world, and the second biggest weapons exporter to the Middle East. So does ignorance. In the late 1980s opposition to a forerunner of CANSEC called ARMX created a great deal of media coverage. The result was a new public awareness, which led to a ban on weapons shows on city property in Ottawa, which lasted 20 years.

The gap left by media silence on Canadian weapons dealing is filled with misleading claims about Canada’s supposed role as a peacekeeper and participant in supposedly humanitarian wars, as well as the non-legal justification for wars known as “the responsibility to protect.”

In reality, Canada is a major marketer and seller of weapons and components of weapons, with two of its top customers being the United States and Saudi Arabia. The United States is the world’s leading marketer and seller of weapons, some of which weapons contain Canadian parts. CANSEC’s exhibitors include weapons companies from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and elsewhere.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/02/20/shut-down-canada-until-it-solves-its-war-oil-and-genocide-problem/

amen

If Putin was doing this, would you be ok with it?

Feb. 20, 2020, 10:26 p.m.

If?

Feb. 21, 2020, 12:23 a.m.

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

Feb. 21, 2020, 12:26 a.m.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/06/03/investigations/exclusive-alberta-warned-it-could-take-2800-years-clean-oilpatch

Feb. 21, 2020, 1:16 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/06/03/investigations/exclusive-alberta-warned-it-could-take-2800-years-clean-oilpatch

(For the homeschooled, that isn't fiscally conservative)

Feb. 21, 2020, 10:22 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

If you're going to quote Dr. King please have the decency to attribute his words to him. And during black history month! You should be ashamed of yourself. Now go stand in the corner.

Go d/t and punch a native person in the face. I dare you.

Feb. 21, 2020, 10:58 a.m.

wow I checked to make sure it ^^ wasn't a satire site like Walking eagle or the Beaverton

Feb. 21, 2020, 12:32 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

they didnt thro up a fence around those 22,000 kms of land, I been behind the unistolten blockade doing forestry research by mtn bike we asked and they let us in, there is one bridge but you could get in if you had  a boat and thats how the land defender got back in, -32 that week pretty cold for a camp out 

but Delgamuukw and Tsilcotin decisions say the Wetsueten do have a say in what goes on because they never gave up their lands, read the Royal proclaimation of 1763 which was designed to run Canada after the english took it from the french

But you ARE just a settler, and your nation is was trying to steal it ... again

I have read the decisions and I think that has set us up for generations of conflict.  You can say I am just a settler, but that is clearly not the case.  The simple fact is that Canada exists and the First Nation's only power to fight for land rights is within the Canadian court system, so theoretically the land was never surrendered, but as long as Canadian law rules it is hard to make the case that those lands are not part of Canada.

So how do you see this ending?  What would be a fair conclusion to land disputes in your opinion?  I feel that the best we can do is makes deals over ownership of the land, but at the end of all this, we will all be Canadians.

Feb. 21, 2020, 12:36 p.m.

Well, buckle up and hold on as it seems we’re headed for a shit show. Just listened to Trudeau’s statement and unless the barricades come down voluntarily it looks like government forces of some kind will move in and take them down.

Feb. 21, 2020, 1:24 p.m.

It was inevitable.  Here we go again.