Do you judge forum users based on what they post?

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:30 p.m.

This is something I've pondered for many years.

Let's face it, we've all met "that asshole from the boards" in real life, only to find that they're good people. I've lost count of how many times I've met someone, got along great, only to find that they're that narcisistic prick that always slags me in NBR, or Fight Club on RS, or wherever. There was one situation years ago where a guy from the Subaru site wanted to scrap after finding out I was that "hypa". I couldn't help but laugh at him, and ask why 5 minutes ago we were buddies, buy now he wants me dead. Really, that one surprised me.

After the whole seperation of the site based on the taser scenario, it really got me wondering. Jah sent me neg rep which stated something to the effect of "You're a horrible human being, and I hope you never have kids" or something equally retarded. That kind of shocked me since he doesn't know who I am, yet he makes it very clear that in his mind, I am scum. The question was raised again with the whole "cyclist.ca" thread about the t-shirts. While some have met him in real life and would vouch for him being a good guy, there are others who come across as if they wouldn't brake if he was crossing the street in front of him. It was then that I realized how little we all know about each other, yet we're still able to make decisions based on simple screen names and internet personas.

So I ask you NBR, how serious to you take the internet forums?

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:37 p.m.

Wait a minute? You guys are real people?

meh

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:37 p.m.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:39 p.m.

meh

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:41 p.m.

You're all assholes in real life, so why would I expect anything different online?

Especially those realtors :D

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:41 p.m.

I judge forum users by their rep count

wait……Hypa at a meager 217? I can't believe I'm even replying to this thread.

I've met a few people from here that come across pretty harsh online but are some of the coolest guys around in person.

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:42 p.m.

I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;m thinking we should have a nsmb picnic.

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:43 p.m.

…they wouldn't brake if he was crossing the street in front …

Did I step on someone's poor little ego, Awwwwww

LOL

So I ask you NBR, how serious to you take the internet forums?

Sarcasm is just one more service we offer on the internet forums.

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:43 p.m.

I

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:44 p.m.

You're all assholes in real life, so why would I expect anything different online?

Especially those realtors :D

meh

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:46 p.m.

I

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

Yes, I am an agent of Satan but my duties are largely ceremonial.

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

You meet people from this board?

I do my damnednest to avoid that scenario.

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:47 p.m.

About as seriously as I take NBR itself.

I think a lot of people take on a devil's advocate roll on boards (I know I do) and stir up the pot by taking a hard line stance on everything. It is a lot harder to tell someone an opinion is shit to their face.

Nov. 20, 2007, 3:48 p.m.

About as seriously as I take NBR itself.

I think a lot of people take on a devil's advocate roll on boards (I know I do) and stir up the pot by taking a hard line stance on everything. It is a lot harder to tell someone an opinion is shit to their face.

No it isn't..your opinions suck, and so do you.

Wanker.

Sincerely,

That asshole from the boards.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca