do you have the time? a thread on watches and such

May 21, 2012, 1:26 a.m.

Love my BR 01-92.

FYP

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 21, 2012, 1:46 p.m.

For the very lazy, the QLOCKTWO W. Available in English, German and French.

My daily watch:

Simple, reliable and, most importantly, low profile. I just can't wear big clunky watches.

May 21, 2012, 2:04 p.m.

The more money spent on watches the bigger the disappointment IME

Rocking an OLD timex ironman triathalon with the indiglo face so I can read it in the dark, all the lettering has worn off the watch, replaced the band twice, batteries a few times, I think its everything proof

also have a olympic swatch that all the volenteers got but I never wear it

May 21, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

Rocking an OLD timex ironman triathalon with the indiglo face so I can read it in the dark, all the lettering has worn off the watch, replaced the band twice, batteries a few times

I've got one of those too, in pretty much the same condition. I'd guess it's 15+ years old. It has been on many, many adventures.

May 21, 2012, 4:52 p.m.

I only have two watches these days. Both have seen a fair a bit of abuse through work, biking, time diving and in the mountains. I feel naked without one of these when I leave the house.

May 21, 2012, 7:04 p.m.

The girlfriend got this made for me recently. I mentioned I liked the style and a while later, surprise! Love it.

Bicycles!

May 21, 2012, 7:29 p.m.

For the very lazy, the QLOCKTWO W. Available in English, German and French.

wow i like that.

May 21, 2012, 7:37 p.m.

I've got one of these. I'm a geologist that works in the bush a lot and bashed the hell out of this thing for 4 years now. Still keeps going. It's not as elegant as a mechanical watch which would be really nice, but, I don't see the practicality of owning two watches.

As for people that keep commenting about using their cell phones. Get out of the city out of cell phone range away from a power source and see how long your cell phone watch works. Matter of fact, go for a swim or run in the rain, bail into a river or mud puddle with your cell phone :) I know, you're mostly kidding. But one thing that watches can do that phones seem to be moving away from is individual style and taste.

Part of that is because of the limitations of what is offered here in Canada. Anyway, all's good. Neat thread. Keep it going.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

May 21, 2012, 8:05 p.m.

Glad you had better luck ^^^my sunnto leaked like a sieve, the dial would cloud up when the weather called for rain

I had a coouple of those old casio altimeter watches that were awesume even had one divivng down to 130ft but they never survived battery changes

May 21, 2012, 8:15 p.m.

Glad you had better luck ^^^my sunnto leaked like a sieve, the dial would cloud up when the weather called for rain

I had a coouple of those old casio altimeter watches that were awesume even had one divivng down to 130ft but they never survived battery changes

That's a bummer man, no warranty replacement? They're pretty good for that from what I hear from other friends that have Suunto watches.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

May 21, 2012, 8:16 p.m.

my current watch, I want the new one but don't have the 15K Euro to put up for it

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

May 21, 2012, 8:28 p.m.

That's a bummer man, no warranty replacement? They're pretty good for that from what I hear from other friends that have Suunto watches.

All I can say is that was a confusing time in my life due to a woman, an agrologist if that means anything … and I am just not sure

May 21, 2012, 8:33 p.m.

As for people that keep commenting about using their cell phones. Get out of the city out of cell phone range away from a power source and see how long your cell phone watch works. Matter of fact, go for a swim or run in the rain, bail into a river or mud puddle with your cell phone :) I know, you're mostly kidding. But one thing that watches can do that phones seem to be moving away from is individual style and taste.

when i do those things.. i dont give a shit about what time it is and how individual i am

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 21, 2012, 8:39 p.m.

^^^ yeah I was going to use my cell as an alarm clock up at Burnie hut and I learned that as soon as you lose cell there is no clock [HTML_REMOVED] no alarm but it didnt matter cuz my room was right below the kitchen and the cook woke me up every day at 5:30 am making breaky

May 21, 2012, 8:49 p.m.

will be mine one day

They make some VERY good fakes here. I have one. They still cost $175-$200

http://www.perfectwatchez.co/