Do the Canucks make the playoffs?

Will the Canucks make the playoffs

Yes
29.5%
No
36.1%
I don't care what the overpaid crybabies do (for Heatmizer)
34.4%
Total votes: 61
Jan. 21, 2009, 6:57 p.m.

As much as I hope they will, my gut says they won't. I think they will put an impressive run that will be thrilling to watch but the damage that was done during the past month will be too much to overcome.

Jan. 21, 2009, 7 p.m.

I think they will.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:06 p.m.

As a fan I cant bet against my team. If the ship goes down. I go down with it.

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:07 p.m.

Not a chance

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:17 p.m.

Yes, because it is just like every other season.

Start the season great and slowly falter. About 3/4 through the season have a slump and need a miracle to make the playoffs. Accomplish said miracle only to be knocked out in the first round.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:23 p.m.

they'll make it by the skin of their teeth and continue to disappoint…

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:24 p.m.

The anti-Canuck bus has plenty of open seats. You people need to learn how fun it actually is to cheer for a team everyone thinks is made up of 20 gods.

here's my problem though,

I was born and raised in Vancouver, so the Canucks are my hometown team. I suppose I could choose a different team to support every year but then I wouldn't get nearly as emotional during the exciting games.

Yes you will be less disappointed every year since you can move your support to other good teams but you will never experience the kind of excitement I feel when the Canucks enter the postseason.

I experience more joy when the canucks simply enter the second round than you possibly can when whatever team of the year you've picked wins the stanley cup. I feel sorry for you actually…

www.natooke.com

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:29 p.m.

not a farkin chance

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:34 p.m.

I do think if they happen to pull it off, they will do well in the playoffs. I'm not planning the parade route, but past the first round at least.

That's if they pull off a miracle.

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:34 p.m.

There's not really any good reason to "switch teams" if you have been a lifelong fan of a particular team, unless there's another team that currently has players on it that you really like (e.g. the Philadelphia Eagles are my favorite football team because I'm a big Donovan McNabb fan). You can't possibly recreate the emotion you feel watching the team you truly like by simply picking another random team to root for.

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:40 p.m.

here's my problem though,

I was born and raised in Vancouver, so the Canucks are my hometown team. I suppose I could choose a different team to support every year but then I wouldn't get nearly as emotional during the exciting games.

Yes you will be less disappointed every year since you can move your support to other good teams but you will never experience the kind of excitement I feel when the Canucks enter the postseason.

I experience more joy when the canucks simply enter the second round than you possibly can when whatever team of the year you've picked wins the stanley cup. I feel sorry for you actually…

Rep if I could

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:48 p.m.

Im not stoked on a single team, Im stoked on any team that plays well. When you're anti-(Insert team here), it's a lot more fun and you can easily get as much emotion involved. Instead of cheering for a loser team, you're cheering for 14 teams in the conference that need to do better than the Canucks. It's really no different IMO. You're just cheering for the other team every game, and you appreciate the league more when all the other games matter.
I don't get disappointed every year. My support is of the league in general. I pick a team I think will do well every year, but I also get stoked on any team that does well (ie. Boston, San Jose, Detroit, Washington) or any team that offers entertainment and passion but may not be top notch.
And I think you're wrong. My team wins the Stanley Cup every year. My team makes it out of the first round, second round, third round and the final every year. I feel sorry for you actually. Give me a call when the Canucks win the Cup.

When the stanley cup is won do you jump up and down and scream at the top of your lungs, cry, run out into the street and start hugging strangers?

This is what I would do if the canucks won the stanley cup. Yeah maybe it will never happen but if I go your route I can guarantee that it will never happen and I will never have that feeling. No thanks.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 21, 2009, 7:57 p.m.

my money says no.

Jan. 21, 2009, 8:02 p.m.

Maybe, if and its a big if they start playing like they were before luongo got hurt again. If the Swedes stop taking stupid penalties at crucial times that end up giving up game winners to the opposition . If Bieksa gets his form back. If Luongo stays healthy and injury free. If, If, If.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

Jan. 21, 2009, 8:24 p.m.

As much as I hope they will, my gut says they won't. I think they will put an impressive run that will be thrilling to watch but the damage that was done during the past month will be too much to overcome.

^This

Like several times in the past, the Canucks playoff hopes will be decided by some other team who has to win or lose their last game of the regular season.