Do sidewalks have COVID?

Nov. 26, 2020, 8:24 p.m.

Or are they broken? And why are the majority of people walking on the road usually darkly dressed?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Nov. 26, 2020, 8:49 p.m.

If I were to read too deeply into this I would assume you had just run over a pedestrian.

Nov. 26, 2020, 8:59 p.m.

People are giving each other room so they’re walking in the road more. It’s been noticeable for months. 

We’ve removed parking and put in bollards over here to accommodate it.

And yeah, clueless people are dressed darkly and have hoodies on and headphones in. Clueless people are usually clueless in more ways than one.

Nov. 26, 2020, 9:25 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

If I were to read too deeply into this I would assume you had just run over a pedestrian.

At first the post was just : "asking for a friend" but figured that implied it even worse.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Nov. 26, 2020, 9:28 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added quotes because I woudlnt want people reading into these things too seriously now. Maybe I'll even start adding warning labels.
Nov. 26, 2020, 9:27 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

People are giving each other room so they’re walking in the road more. It’s been noticeable for months. 

We’ve removed parking and put in bollards over here to accommodate it.

And yeah, clueless people are dressed darkly and have hoodies on and headphones in. Clueless people are usually clueless in more ways than one.

No shiiiiiiiiiiiiit eh? Is that what happened? Fuck off with that. It's a totally recent phenomenon.

Do you even have a sense of humor?

Nov. 26, 2020, 9:40 p.m.

amen brotha! I still remember being terrified watching grampa walking down the bike lane on Mount Seymour Parkway, being "safe" 2 meter distance from gramma. FFS. At least it wasn't dark yet.

Last edited by: heckler on Nov. 26, 2020, 10:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 26, 2020, 10:01 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

amen brotha!  I still remember being terrified watching grampa walking down the bike line on Mount Seymour Parkway, being "safe" 2 meter distance from gramma.   FFS.  At least it wasn't dark yet.

Shit / lol ! I live near the Ontario st "bike way" but not Mt Seymour; that would be horrendously cringy. I dont think we can really say something about it other than joking this way.

But thats why I like a manual car, just clutch n gas. I like to think that sound is more considerate than honking my surprisingly loud horn. I guess we just have to use our horns and high beams ALL the time now. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nov. 27, 2020, 7:07 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

amen brotha!  I still remember being terrified watching grampa walking down the bike line on Mount Seymour Parkway, being "safe" 2 meter distance from gramma.   FFS.  At least it wasn't dark yet.

Shit / lol ! I live near the Ontario st "bike way" but not Mt Seymour; that would be horrendously cringy. I dont think we can really say something about it other than joking this way.

But thats why I like a manual car, just clutch n gas. I like to think that sound is more considerate than honking my surprisingly loud horn. I guess we just have to use our horns and high beams ALL the time now. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You could also try driving slowly on side streets and not being an asshole.

Nov. 27, 2020, 9:04 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

You could also try driving slowly on side streets and not being an asshole.

Or how about I just drive on the sidewalk since pedastrians are stupid enough to literally use the middle of the fucking road you simp. Do they think they're cyclists or something? Because if you dont know, the City of Vancouver is a cycling first policy so you idiotic pedastrians can get in line.

Nov. 27, 2020, 9:14 p.m.

This thread highlights how fucked in the head and easily triggered some of you are when you see my user name. This was supposed to a fun thread (gooder even!) yet somehow I'm still an asshole for pointing out an obvious safety issue that would be this fine ass' fault if there was an MVA with a dumbass walker. I like my driver factor being just shy of .54.

Seriously, what pedastrian wants to become anyone's hood ornament? What good is a settlement if your quality of life is altered drastically?

You guys either need to give your a head a shake or let me shake some sense into you.

Nov. 28, 2020, 8:18 a.m.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.health.com/mind-body/digital-detox%3famp=true

Nov. 28, 2020, 10:19 a.m.

This thread highlights how fucked in the head and easily triggered some of you are when you see my user name. This was supposed to a fun thread (gooder even!) yet somehow I'm still an asshole for pointing out an obvious safety issue that would be this fine ass' fault if there was an MVA with a dumbass walker. I like my driver factor being just shy of .54.

Seriously, what pedastrian wants to become anyone's hood ornament? What good is a settlement if your quality of life is altered drastically?

You guys either need to give your a head a shake or let me shake some sense into you.

Spoken like a true entitled asshole. I've been driving for almost five years now and live in the same neighborhood as you. I thought I might come around to the hate for cyclists and pedestrians when I joined team motorist but it has yet to happen. COV has designated Ontario as a slow street so joggers and cyclists and pedestrians have more space to give each other distance. Seems you only respect legal authority when they're kettling your political enemies. 

Asshole.

Nov. 29, 2020, 12:27 p.m.

What if i identify as a cyclist, but dont have a bike with me? Can i then walk down the street in dark clothes? What if i have 5 brown people with me?

Nov. 29, 2020, 1:14 p.m.

Speaking of sidewalks. What's up with trails being so bloody groomed these days? Glad to see longer travel bikes making a comeback.

Nov. 29, 2020, 1:27 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

What if i identify as a cyclist, but dont have a bike with me? Can i then walk down the street in dark clothes? What if i have 5 brown people with me?

Everybody knows groups of 5 or more east Indians aren't allowed to walk down the sidewalks.