Divide & Conquer

July 17, 2019, 6:44 p.m.

Does anyone give this idea much thought these days?

How prevalent it is in our day to day social construct?

Perhaps its me but ever notice how conversation isnt what it once was or could be?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 17, 2019, 6:47 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Perhaps its me but ever notice how conversation isnt what it once was or could be?

Yes, we all spend too much time online talking shit.

July 17, 2019, 6:48 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Yes, we all spend too much time online talking shit.

I mean in person.

July 17, 2019, 6:49 p.m.

So do I

July 17, 2019, 6:50 p.m.

Think about it, we converse with our fingers now. No tone,

July 17, 2019, 6:57 p.m.

Think about it, we converse with our fingers now. No tone,

Or body language.

Is it up to emoticons ?

July 17, 2019, 6:59 p.m.

But I was aiming more for how many genders there now, pronouns and identifiers, political or religious affils, etc.

So many different subsets that apparently require exclusivity of almost anything else.

July 17, 2019, 7:03 p.m.

But I was aiming more for how many genders there now, pronouns and identifiers, political or religious affils, etc.

So many different subsets that apparently require exclusivity of almost anything else.

Funny you go there. My middle son is dating some hipster who doesn’t want to be referred to as her or she. It’s here name, they or them. WTF!  

Screams high maintenance.

July 17, 2019, 7:10 p.m.

Funny you go there. My middle son is dating some hipster who doesn’t want to be referred to as her or she. It’s here name, they or them. WTF!  

How about as a Bartender, I avoid all pronouns. Some shit they got going on now.

It's not high maintenance, it's pure control. Plain and simple.

July 17, 2019, 7:16 p.m.

How about as a Bartender, I avoid all pronouns. Some shit they got going on now.

High maintenance or control, all the same. Take it from someone married for 25 years.

July 17, 2019, 7:20 p.m.

High maintenance or control, all the same. Take it from someone married for 25 years.

Ahh so all is lost then.... tee hee.

July 17, 2019, 9:36 p.m.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-criticize-with-kindness

July 17, 2019, 9:37 p.m.

tldr;

How to compose a successful critical commentary:

You should attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly, and fairly that your target says, “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.
        You should list any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
        You should mention anything you have learned from your target.
        Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

July 18, 2019, 9:18 a.m.

Is the whole gender-neutral pronoun thing going mainstream?  Cause I am too old to change and too cynical to care.

Who do you think is dividing and conquering us Shogun?  We are certainly more and more divided than before.

July 18, 2019, 2:57 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Is the whole gender-neutral pronoun thing going mainstream?  Cause I am too old to change and too cynical to care.

Who do you think is dividing and conquering us Shogun?  We are certainly more and more divided than before.

The guys with all the money..