Dirtiest Oil on Earth

June 8, 2012, 11:15 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCq015rc_lk

In related news………

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 8, 2012, 11:29 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhvUg4s0n6Q

Open pit mining only accounts for a small portion of the recoverable reserves.

June 8, 2012, 11:50 a.m.

And in other news I went for a ride last night with new levers.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 8, 2012, 11:59 a.m.

Yes - because wars in foreign countries aren't dirty at all..

Oh wait - I guess burning oil wells and dead people do kind of suck??

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

June 8, 2012, 2:18 p.m.

When will the so called environmentalist talk about the root cause of all these issues? Overpopulation. Saint David Suzuki has five children. Hypocrite.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 8, 2012, 2:24 p.m.

how is spill from a cardium oil pipeline that was decommissioned by the operator related to oil sands open pit mining? Grasping at straws again, you whacko.

Edit:

Alberta first responders, Government agencies and the Energy Resources Conservation Board are responding to an oil release in Alberta. I want to assure residents living along the Red Deer River and Glennifer Lake areas that all necessary resources are being deployed to contain the leak and clean it up. Minimizing the environmental impact and ensuring the health and safety of Albertans is our priority.

Many questions will be asked over the coming days about Alberta’s pipeline infrastructure. Let me be clear, Alberta has an internationally recognized pipeline system supported by a strong regulatory framework. Together they serve as a model for other jurisdictions. This incident will be investigated and the Ministers of Energy and Environment and Sustainable Resource Development will review the findings and take further action if required.

Albertans expect our pipeline infrastructure will be of the highest possible standards and that companies are complying with the rules and regulations we have in place. At the end of the day, we must ensure our families, our communities and our environment are protected.

June 8, 2012, 2:35 p.m.

Wow that's pretty tremendous, thanks for posting. Now what was the OP saying again….o never mind it can't have been important, cause those levers ARE AWESOME!

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

June 8, 2012, 3:09 p.m.

I don't know, the oil in my car was pretty dirty until I had it changed on Tuesday.

June 8, 2012, 3:10 p.m.

When will the so called environmentalist talk about the root cause of all these issues? Overpopulation. Saint David Suzuki has five children. Hypocrite.

More like too many people being wasteful and living in decadence.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 8, 2012, 3:35 p.m.

More like too many people being wasteful and living in decadence.

There is that of course. People wanting bigger this and larger that and more of everything, but with half as many people….

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 8, 2012, 4:02 p.m.

a cable actuated disc?
if you are that against brake fluid you can at least use shimano brakes with mineral oil!

June 8, 2012, 4:18 p.m.

There is that of course. People wanting bigger this and larger that and more of everything, but with half as many people….

somehow i doubt starvin marvin in africa has quite the same impact as we do here in the first world.
but yeah youre right i dont know them so fuck em.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 8, 2012, 4:20 p.m.

Speaking of oil….I changed the oil in my fathers Jeep and accidentally left the old filter gasket on. I dumped over 11L of oil onto my driveway before I figured it out. My driveway is on a slope which drains into a creek that is about 150m from the shore line. I have a fisheries officer for a neighbor who didn't seem to notice the massive oil slick in our cul-de-sac. I don't know where I'm going with this

Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees

June 8, 2012, 4:52 p.m.

I don't know where I'm going with this

Straight to prison. Get ready for butt secks.

June 8, 2012, 4:55 p.m.

a cable actuated disc?
if you are that against brake fluid you can at least use shimano brakes with mineral oil!

I made up for it for this transgression by driving to the riding area.:grinno:

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/