Dirtiest Oil on Earth

March 29, 2014, 7:21 a.m.

766 tankers per year

If any Chinese people are driving these things it's not if there's a spill, it's when there's a spill.

www.natooke.com

April 20, 2014, 4:29 p.m.

Even the C.I.A.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 10, 2014, 10:31 p.m.

So the hippies had a "fuck Enbridge" thing in town today….apparently they left a bunch of garbage by where they had their hot dog stands set up, and jammed a bunch of crap in behind a neigbouring business' outbuilding.

Its all cool though…my kids (5 and [HTML_REMOVED] 7 years old) cleaned it up (I was out riding) and even brought the recyclables home to our bin.

Fuck Enbridge indeed……dipshits.

Pastor of Muppets

May 10, 2014, 10:45 p.m.

So the hippies had a "fuck Enbridge" thing in town today….apparently they left a bunch of garbage by where they had their hot dog stands set up, and jammed a bunch of crap in behind a neigbouring business' outbuilding.

Its all cool though…my kids (5 and [HTML_REMOVED] 7 years old) cleaned it up (I was out riding) and even brought the recyclables home to our bin.

Fuck Enbridge indeed……dipshits.

So are you saying that makes it okay to go ahead with the Northern Gateway project?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 10, 2014, 10:59 p.m.

So are you saying that makes it okay to go ahead with the Northern Gateway project?

Yeah, I just gave em all the go ahead to start a pipeline that has been in progress for the last 8 months. :rolleyes:

The hippocracy is what bothers me the most.

Pastor of Muppets

May 10, 2014, 11:06 p.m.

http://billmoyers.com/episode/full-show-time-to-get-real-on-climate-change/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 10, 2014, 11:09 p.m.

How have you managed to get this far in life without being hypocritical?

May 11, 2014, 4:47 a.m.

I think it has already gone ahead as in aren't they already building it?

The only way to even delay it at this point would be illegal direct action. How about the rally in Vancouver? Are those hippies litterbugs too?

www.natooke.com

May 11, 2014, 6:16 a.m.

They presumably all drove there too

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 11, 2014, 7:05 a.m.

It is pretty hypocritical for insulated Canadians to protest things like pipelines.
Half of China has turned into industrial wasteland so we can have our cakes and eat it too constantly offshoring our damage.

Then we cry about a pipeline…

www.natooke.com

May 11, 2014, 7:18 a.m.

Yeah, I just gave em all the go ahead to start a pipeline that has been in progress for the last 8 months. :rolleyes:

So when there's a catastrophic oil spill you'll be bringing up the rally litter in defence?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 11, 2014, 7:23 a.m.

It is pretty hypocritical for insulated Canadians to protest things like pipelines.
Half of China has turned into industrial wasteland so we can have our cakes and eat it too constantly offshoring our damage.

Then we cry about a pipeline…

I thought that was because China has no environmental standards, is a corporate dictatorship and is overpopulated (has 500 million people willing to work for a dollar a day)?

I don't think any nation held a gun to their heads and said make a load of shit?

- Morgman

May 11, 2014, 7:29 a.m.

Ive just been in Norway and it is interesting the difference in approach everyone has their to oil.

While there is a great deal of concern for the protection of the Norwegian environment most people support the oil business there as it has resulted in economic windfall for the people. Over there it seemed like the oil business was more viewed as a benefit to everyone rather than a benefit to the few (corporations etc) and that was prob as a result of forward thinking by the government years ago.

The issue over here, big oil is seen as being greedy and shoving projects down our throats. The reality is, the world wants what we have and they are going to get it regardless. What our job as citizens should be, is to see that it benefits everyone. We should not sell off our environment for the benefits of foreign investors and multi nationals.

May 11, 2014, 8:53 a.m.

I don't think any nation held a gun to their heads and said make a load of shit?

No but it's not like anyone refused to buy it either.

Canada sends it's recycling to China so they can have our recycling pollution too. Canada literally bears next to no environmental impact of it's consumption habits.

It's also easy as a Canadian to say you value the environment over things like money and food when you didn't grow up hearing your grandparents tell stories about how everyone was starving to death.

www.natooke.com

May 11, 2014, 11:05 a.m.

They presumably all drove there too

Imbecile! Unlike Sooke, we have public transit in the big city.
:rave: