dickheads

Sept. 13, 2013, 7:30 p.m.

have officially jumped the shark.

Sept. 13, 2013, 11:27 p.m.

Sept. 14, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

Yeah, it's a whole new low around here. Congrats nbr.

Sept. 14, 2013, 11:03 a.m.

Yeah, it's a whole new low around here. Congrats nbr.

say, don't you drive a pick-up truck with oversized tires?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 14, 2013, 11:05 a.m.

Agreed,
There was a time when I came to NBR to catch relevant opinions from a diverse field of people on different world events and issues. Maybe catch a little humor and boobie thread action while I was at it.
This section has degenerated to the point of ridiculousness. A core few have taken control and turned the culture here to hate and bickering.
Think I'll be taking a break for a while in the hopes that it can be returned to its former glory.

Sept. 14, 2013, 11:22 a.m.

Agreed,
There was a time when I came to NBR to catch relevant opinions from a diverse field of people on different world events and issues. Maybe catch a little humor and boobie thread action while I was at it.
This section has degenerated to the point of ridiculousness. A core few have taken control and turned the culture here to hate and bickering.
Think I'll be taking a break for a while in the hopes that it can be returned to its former glory.

walking away doesn't work.

if people want to clean things up then start calling out those you have an issue with in a non-confrontational manner. and add some decent content when you get the chance.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 14, 2013, 11:30 a.m.

these forums could use a good purge

Sept. 14, 2013, 11:33 a.m.

if people want to clean things up then start calling out those you have an issue with in a non-confrontational manner. and add some decent content when you get the chance.

How did that work out for Carrot Top?

It's a leisure activity at best, and it can either be an entertaining place to visit or not. When it's not, there are plenty of other places that are, and this place can be home for the 6 or 7 adult adolescents that amuse themselves with their own "humour"

Bike relate content is minimal, because people interested in discussing that have moved on.

Industry participation is nil. I remember when a respected professional cycling fitness trainer tried adding to the site but was driven away by someone that felt they needed to argue and debate him until he just gave up. The rest of the community lost out.

Sept. 14, 2013, 11:38 a.m.

How did that work out for Carrot Top?

It's a leisure activity at best, and it can either be an entertaining place to visit or not. When it's not, there are plenty of other places that are, and this place can be home for the 6 or 7 adult adolescents that amuse themselves with their own "humour"

he did get some support, but ultimately more people were willing to trash him than were willing to stand up and agree with him. maybe if he'd gotten more upport he'd still be here.

the good thing is that the nsfw posts now seem to be more contained. the bad thing tho is that any thread that seems to be humour based is tainted and can't be opened at work. i think it would be great to have a sfw humour/pic thread and a nsfw one but i don't see that happening.

Ellen Langer

Sept. 14, 2013, 11:41 a.m.

Industry participation is nil. I remember when a respected professional cycling fitness trainer tried adding to the site but was driven away by someone that felt they needed to argue and debate him until he just gave up. The rest of the community lost out.

that debate was a perfectly valid one and from what i recall one of the questions raised was never really answered.
what would you rather have, relevant info that may or may not be correct or relevant info that can be challenged and backed up by the author?

for the record james and i exchanged a few pm's after the fact and all was good. for the most part we're on the same page with our ideas.

Ellen Langer

Sept. 14, 2013, 12:15 p.m.

I just want the old days back with the old gang.

These days the lunatics are running the asylum

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 14, 2013, 12:48 p.m.

O.K., fair.
Why don't we as a whole try to restore NBR?

It would be easy really.

Whenever I type a response on the internet being here, social media or other forum, I always keep the question in my head "Would I be willing to say this to a persons face?" If you are honest with yourself, this stops you using a keyboard and handle as a shield.

Keep in mind that someone is not "retarded", "ghey" or deservant of having it "stuck in their butt and pee'd" because their opinion differs from yours. Nothing wrong with opinion debate, sharing alternate views or agreeing to disagree. Just use a little respect.

Don't be a fuckin troll. Devils advocate to spice up a debate is one thing but bringing up dead arguments from previous threads to ridicule people or typing ridiculous statements you don't really mean to fire people up is attention seeking and worthy of 8 year olds.

I personally enjoy all the NSFW humor. I am a fairly twisted individual. If its labelled NSFW, that means don't open at work. Simple. This forum does not exist purely for work browsing. I don't work anywhere near a computer so this is a non issue for me. If it is for you, wait till you get home. That being said, if posting, label appropriately. I will be happy to start a SFW thread for us.

Stop posting negative tags. It is cowardly.

Essentially, do unto others as you would hope to be done by them. I visit other forums and sites as I am sure most of you do and NBR is(was)a very unique and enjoyable institution by forum standards. That's what keeps most of us coming back. There is no reason other than ourselves that it can't return to its former glory. Have a little respect for your fellow NBR'r and lets move forward as a whole putting the nonsense behind us.

Sept. 14, 2013, 2:31 p.m.

Agreed,

Where have we heard this before……

Sept. 14, 2013, 2:39 p.m.

O.K., fair.
Why don't we as a whole try to restore NBR?

It would be easy really.

Whenever I type a response on the internet being here, social media or other forum, I always keep the question in my head "Would I be willing to say this to a persons face?" If you are honest with yourself, this stops you using a keyboard and handle as a shield.

Keep in mind that someone is not "retarded", "ghey" or deservant of having it "stuck in their butt and pee'd" because their opinion differs from yours. Nothing wrong with opinion debate, sharing alternate views or agreeing to disagree. Just use a little respect.

Don't be a fuckin troll. Devils advocate to spice up a debate is one thing but bringing up dead arguments from previous threads to ridicule people or typing ridiculous statements you don't really mean to fire people up is attention seeking and worthy of 8 year olds.

I personally enjoy all the NSFW humor. I am a fairly twisted individual. If its labelled NSFW, that means don't open at work. Simple. This forum does not exist purely for work browsing. I don't work anywhere near a computer so this is a non issue for me. If it is for you, wait till you get home. That being said, if posting, label appropriately. I will be happy to start a SFW thread for us.

Stop posting negative tags. It is cowardly.

Essentially, do unto others as you would hope to be done by them. I visit other forums and sites as I am sure most of you do and NBR is(was)a very unique and enjoyable institution by forum standards. That's what keeps most of us coming back. There is no reason other than ourselves that it can't return to its former glory. Have a little respect for your fellow NBR'r and lets move forward as a whole putting the nonsense behind us.

Rep this ^^^^^^

Sept. 14, 2013, 4:17 p.m.

Stan, you brought so much sense, into a thread titled dickheads nonetheless. I feel you.

:beer: