DCA, the Cure for Cancer.

May 17, 2011, 11:19 a.m.

There's been a lot of info going around about this drug lately, even though the information is four years old.

The drug (DCA) is reported to be a cheap, effective cure for most cancers, yet it's not patentable, therefore big pharmacy companies have no interest in marketing it, and it's against them to release it to the public or fund testing. Just knowing the story of it, makes me question how many medical and pharmaceutical advances have been made and suppressed in the name of business.

There's lots of bad info out there about the drug, but I found this site had a lot of seemingly good info:
http://www.thedcasite.com/

No real point to this post other than I have a strong personal interest in this, and I thought that it would start some interesting discussion.

May 17, 2011, 11:25 a.m.

I was reading about this earlier and was curious to know what your thoughts were. I don't enough to form an opinion either, but it appears like it is now for some reason gaining a lot of press.

May 17, 2011, 11:34 a.m.

Unfortunately DCA did not work for us but that does not mean it will work for someone else.

Kripps pharmacy in Kerrisdale carries it and Ed the owner has a ton of info on it.

Also ask him about vitamin D cream,I think it is 10,000 iu ?

May 17, 2011, 11:42 a.m.

I had heard that Cuba leads the way in cancer research as they refuse to abide by any US patents and a lot of European funding/doctors get sent there - is this true? Are there countries out there that may indeed supply this drug?

May 17, 2011, 11:52 a.m.

I had heard that Cuba leads the way in cancer research as they refuse to abide by any US patents and a lot of European funding/doctors get sent there - is this true? Are there countries out there that may indeed supply this drug?

It is somewhat available in Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if Cuba was advanced in some fields of medicine, since they don't fall under the thumb of big pharma.

There are many new drugs that are coming into play, and some that are already in play, such as Rituximab, which is part of my chemo, and it's a monoclonal antibody, ie: It only targets the malignant cells, not everything like traditional chemo. Problem with it is that it still needs traditional chemo to be effective. If DCA works as it claims, then it really is incredible, but it will never reach distribution since cancer treatment = big money, and money rules the day.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Our current system of money and public trading doesn't work right. The amount of decisions that are counter productive or even outright destructive, all in the name of profit, is disgusting.

May 17, 2011, 12:08 p.m.

I came across this article on the Vice Mag blog earlier today:

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2011/05/17/this-guy-cures-cancer/

This is coming from a site that I mainly follow for their do's and don'ts fashion articles so I don't put any faith in the source. Most likely another exaggerated conspiracy theory movie but I'm sure there are valid points about big pharma suppressing unprofitable cancer treatments.

May 17, 2011, 5:23 p.m.

The original discovery of DCA's potential for fighting cancer was years ago at the U of A. They researcher there just published a report that ends with "may" help fight certain cancer. Not entirely conclusive.
Stumbled across this the other day. My family has a history of cancers so it caught my eye. I don't think it's some miracle cure though.

May 17, 2011, 5:28 p.m.

capitalism is awesome!

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 17, 2011, 11:04 p.m.

Also: http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/d2144.htm

That's the acid. It's the sodium salt of the acid that is in the spotlight.

There is no single cure all drug, but this is a huge step in the right direction.

May 17, 2011, 11:09 p.m.

Also: http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/d2144.htm

Also: http://www.thedcasite.com/dca_how_it_works.html

Don't buy the acid, apparently you want the acetate.

Check my stuff for sale!

May 17, 2011, 11:12 p.m.

lol at people who think one drug is a cure all.

I thought it was an apple a day?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca