Daylight Savings Time

March 18, 2022, 5:45 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Posted by: Vikb

Posted by: KenN

For the "stick with standard time" crowd ...

Under DST, we have sunrise/sunset on June 22 this year at 5:07 am and 9:22 pm. Are we really okay with shifting that for an hour to 4:07am/8:22pm? Do we really want an extra hour of sunlight to go by while we sleep?

That ^^ wouldn't bother me as I am an early riser so having more daylight earlier helps me more than having more daylight at the end of the day. I'm often doing dawn patrol stuff with the sunrise as the limiting factor and it's fairly rare I'm outside later in the evening where sunset is a problem.

most people ride after work... having DST year round makes after work rides earlier and later in the season. Builders can get more done but twits don't care about that as it's always about themselves. No brainer.

Slow roller?

March 18, 2022, 7:10 p.m.

Posted by: Vikb

Under DST, we have sunrise/sunset on June 22 this year at 5:07 am and 9:22 pm. Are we really okay with shifting that for an hour to 4:07am/8:22pm? Do we really want an extra hour of sunlight to go by while we sleep?

That ^^ wouldn't bother me as I am an early riser so having more daylight earlier helps me more than having more daylight at the end of the day. I'm often doing dawn patrol stuff with the sunrise as the limiting factor and it's fairly rare I'm outside later in the evening where sunset is a problem.

But even for you, are you saying that you'll be getting up at 4am for your dawn patrol? I'm betting no, so you'd still be losing daylight during sleep.

March 18, 2022, 7:12 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Who is this we you speak of? Different strokes, like Vik, the earlier it’s light out the earlier my day is done. At 5:07 I’m well on my way to work. By six I’m getting the wheels turning. By 7 the bucket’s in the ground. By 2 all you see is my tail lights. I’m climbing by 3:30-4. Beers, dinner and bed by nine. Shower and repeat. I’m not alone.

That's fine for you, but everybody's got their own circumstances. The decision as to whether to fix the time to 'standard' or 'daylight saving' year round would have to be made to positively impact the most people. I suggest nailing it down to daylight saving will work best for most people. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

And again, if at 5:07 you're on your way to work, then you've lost an hour of daylight during the longest days of summer, since sunrise would be 4:07 under standard time.

Last edited by: KenN on March 18, 2022, 7:14 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 18, 2022, 7:54 p.m.

I’ve been wrong before, I told Shogun he was intelligent once. True story.

And sometime after you wanted to fight me.

March 18, 2022, 7:58 p.m.

Posted by: mammal

What really pisses me off is when I leave for work, AND come home from work in the dark.

That was a killer when I worked in warehousing. No sun for months.

March 19, 2022, 9:16 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Keep it up…

😘

March 19, 2022, 9:33 a.m.

December... 530 pm sunset instead of 430. Yes please

March 19, 2022, 10:41 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Keep it up…

😘

Bruv, for you, it'll never go down 😉

March 19, 2022, 4:16 p.m.

It's been almost a week and I still haven't recovered from this shit. Might be because I get up at 4am every day...

March 19, 2022, 6:19 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

That time of year, what’s the difference? The weather is usually shit anyway

March 19, 2022, 6:24 p.m.

Who is this we you speak of? Different strokes, like Vik, the earlier it’s light out the earlier my day is done. At 5:07 I’m well on my way to work. By six I’m getting the wheels turning. By 7 the bucket’s in the ground. By 2 all you see is my tail lights. I’m climbing by 3:30-4. Beers, dinner and bed by nine. Shower and repeat. I’m not alone.

That's fine for you, but everybody's got their own circumstances. The decision as to whether to fix the time to 'standard' or 'daylight saving' year round would have to be made to positively impact the most people. I suggest nailing it down to daylight saving will work best for most people. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

And again, if at 5:07 you're on your way to work, then you've lost an hour of daylight during the longest days of summer, since sunrise would be 4:07 under standard time.

Like I said, different strokes. You know, for different folks.

March 20, 2022, 12:18 p.m.

I shudder to remember the years of getting off the public bus after school at 4:15, in the dark. 

No Inglewood skate bowl BMX those days.

March 20, 2022, 12:31 p.m.

That time of year, what’s the difference? The weather is usually shit anyway

An extra hour would be great on a touring day. Its dark in the morning anyways when most of us get up, so really a longer day to do shit outside would be preferrable.

Last edited by: bux-bux on March 20, 2022, 12:44 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 20, 2022, 5:07 p.m.

Anyone noticed that this forum is still operating on standard time? 

All timestamps are off by one hour! 🤔

March 20, 2022, 5:25 p.m.

Posted by: SixZeroSixOne

Anyone noticed that this forum is still operating on standard time? 

All timestamps are off by one hour! 🤔

Log out, log back in.

It's a longstanding bug, sorry.