Daylight Savings Time

March 17, 2022, 2:34 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Posted by: taprider

just shift forward 10 minutes at the beginning of the month for 6 months then shift back 10 minutes each month ;-)

No thank you Satan.

how about 20 seconds a day?

March 17, 2022, 2:38 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Posted by: taprider

just shift forward 10 minutes at the beginning of the month for 6 months then shift back 10 minutes each month ;-)

No thank you Satan.

My vote is for Satan.

March 18, 2022, 9:21 a.m.

For the "stick with standard time" crowd ...

Under DST, we have sunrise/sunset on June 22 this year at 5:07 am and 9:22 pm. Are we really okay with shifting that for an hour to 4:07am/8:22pm? Do we really want an extra hour of sunlight to go by while we sleep?

March 18, 2022, 10:57 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

Under DST, we have sunrise/sunset on June 22 this year at 5:07 am and 9:22 pm. Are we really okay with shifting that for an hour to 4:07am/8:22pm? Do we really want an extra hour of sunlight to go by while we sleep?

That ^^ wouldn't bother me as I am an early riser so having more daylight earlier helps me more than having more daylight at the end of the day. I'm often doing dawn patrol stuff with the sunrise as the limiting factor and it's fairly rare I'm outside later in the evening where sunset is a problem.

March 18, 2022, 11:05 a.m.

Posted by: Vikb

That ^^ wouldn't bother me as I am an early riser so having more daylight earlier helps me more than having more daylight at the end of the day. I'm often doing dawn patrol stuff with the sunrise as the limiting factor and it's fairly rare I'm outside later in the evening where sunset is a problem.

most people ride after work... having DST year round makes after work rides earlier and later in the season. Builders can get more done but twits don't care about that as it's always about themselves. No brainer.

Last edited by: LoamtoHome on March 18, 2022, 11:06 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 18, 2022, 11:06 a.m.

Yes I do, I'm up at 5am on weekdays and 6am most weekends.

March 18, 2022, 11:07 a.m.

Posted by: mammal

Yes I do, I'm up at 5am on weekdays and 6am most weekends.

Ha! I can related. When I am not out of bed by 6am I feel like I had a lazy morning sleeping in. If I am in bed by 7am I am either sick or hung over!

March 18, 2022, 11:10 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

most people ride after work... having DST year round makes after work rides earlier and later in the season. Builders can get more done but twits don't care about that as it's always about themselves. No brainer.

As soon as it switched to DST last week there was suddenly enough time for a dinner time ride.  Of course I didn't go because it has been raining and I am allergic to water but I could have!

March 18, 2022, 11:12 a.m.

You don't have to be insulting. If you read my posts in this thread I said I didn't care about DST or Standard time. I am not lobbying for one or the other. The fact I will be happy either way doesn't make me selfish nor a "Twit". 

People ride before work and commute to work. People will build earlier if there was sun earlier. You are entitled to prefer one option or the other, but you aren't entitled to decide you are RIGHT and people who don't feel that way are bad people.

March 18, 2022, 11:15 a.m.

You don't have to be insulting. If you read my posts in this thread I said I didn't care about DST or Standard time. I am not lobbying for one or the other. The fact I will be happy either way doesn't make me selfish nor a "Twit". 

People ride before work and commute to work. People will build earlier if there was sun earlier. You are entitled to prefer one option or the other, but you aren't entitled to decide you are RIGHT and people who don't feel that way are bad people.

You are either with DST, or you are wrong.  NBR has spoken.  ;)

March 18, 2022, 11:22 a.m.

I don't think he was being insulting to you, but calling out people that don't care about builders being able to get more work done.

March 18, 2022, 11:27 a.m.

I thought the old expression was:  Pick a time zone and be a dick about it.

March 18, 2022, 11:42 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

I don't think he was being insulting to you, but calling out people that don't care about builders being able to get more work done.

If you specifically quote someone and then say something insulting you are directing it at that person. If not you need to communicate differently.

Secondly how would anyone know what builders are going to do under a situation that hasn't existed? I can totally see some people do pre-work rides or start projects early in the morning when there is enough light to make that happen. So calling people in general twits because they don't agree with your questionable logic isn't reasonable either.

Last edited by: Vikb on March 18, 2022, 11:43 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 18, 2022, 5:27 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

You are either with DST, or you are wrong.  NBR has spoken.  ;)

I’ve been wrong before, I told Shogun he was intelligent once. True story.

March 18, 2022, 5:43 p.m.

Who is this we you speak of? Different strokes, like Vik, the earlier it’s light out the earlier my day is done. At 5:07 I’m well on my way to work. By six I’m getting the wheels turning. By 7 the bucket’s in the ground. By 2 all you see is my tail lights. I’m climbing by 3:30-4. Beers, dinner and bed by nine. Shower and repeat. I’m not alone.