David Lang's photos from the riots

June 17, 2011, 6:14 a.m.

Never underestimate the power of the mob mentality. There are so many people out there who can't think for themselves - who can't stand back in that situation and make rational decisions. The lure of going along with what the mob is doing is strong.

But, to engage in such hooliganism and not realize that everyone has some sort of camera, and that your photo will be taken by at least one person, more than likely posted on at least one public website? How ignorant can they be? That water polo kid… how could he not know that he would be caught?

June 17, 2011, 8:04 a.m.

Never underestimate the power of the mob mentality.
That water polo kid… how could he not know that he would be caught?

ETHANOL…

and little man syndrome.

June 17, 2011, 8:20 a.m.

So glad I live in a little patchouli bubble in the middle of the mountains, never have to deal with this kind of idiocy.

I'm all for civil disobedience but in a non-violent manner, and for christ sake make it over something more important than a stupid hockey game.

Hockey game had nothing to do with it.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 17, 2011, 8:25 a.m.

Kn.

this is what I had to keep telling co-workers and others yesterday

June 17, 2011, 8:37 a.m.

Hopefully the link works:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=218465828176023[HTML_REMOVED]set=a.218309041525035.55567.218307958191810[HTML_REMOVED]type=1[HTML_REMOVED]theater

Seems to actually be the nathan kid mentioned in the thread. If you read all the photo's comments you'll see he gets ID'd several times. Apparently he had a scholarship to some US university to play water polo, people forwarded the picture to his potential school. They also post his phone number. Stupid fuck deserves everything he gets coming to him.

Cops shoulda been using real bullets.. Sorry but if I ran this country, the second you start rioting you have no civil rights..

Leave civil rights.

Two things these vandals deserve:

1) Garnished wages to pay for damages (plus punitive fine of some obscene amount, let them pay for this till they are in their 50s!)
2) Prison time

This group of people deserves to be made an example of, to show to the rest what not to do - ever.

June 17, 2011, 8:42 a.m.

I'd be down with some public canings added.

June 17, 2011, 9:54 a.m.

It'd probably cost the city a lot of money, but I'd love to see a rioter chain gang that had to clean up downtown every day for a year. Like, keep the place insanely shiny and new and beautiful, while also being publicly humiliated in the place they trashed.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

June 17, 2011, 10:15 a.m.

Never underestimate the power of the mob mentality.

More like Herd mentality. A mob has a leader.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 17, 2011, 11:25 a.m.

The guy stands up and does something, and the rioters cower like the slime that they are. Asses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLqLeRv5sw

Yes he is standing up for Vancouver in the video, but how involved was he in the riot???

June 17, 2011, 12:37 p.m.

Yes he is standing up for Vancouver in the video, but how involved was he in the riot???

Maybe griding a flaming car on a skateboard was on his bucket list and he didnt want to miss this chance?

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

June 17, 2011, 12:55 p.m.

I don't know. My point was that the twat smashing the car, and his big buddy, cowered when one person stood up to them.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 17, 2011, 2:12 p.m.

Is there a backstory to this image? Which one is the rioter?

Dude throwing the punch was actually trying hard to stop everyone and especially that kid from lighting more shit on fire. He got caught up in the moment and was so frustrated and acted out. Think the kid managed to dodge the punch though. Later the 'punchers' friends tried to calmly talk some sense into the kid but he, like so many I saw that night, just completely refused to listen at all. "You can't stop me" is a phrase I heard a lot that night.

davidlang.me |

June 17, 2011, 2:27 p.m.

Kn.

no, but that many morons wouldn't have gathered all in one spot for anything less than a stupid hockey game. If you had a gathering for peaceful world change I gaurantee that you wouldn't have the same demographic, in fact there aren't too many gatherings that attract that many low IQ/high testosterone dumbasses aside from alot of sports events.

There's definately the riot instigators who probably turned the first garbage can and smashed the first window; these are the people who supposedly were behind the Olympic riots as well. The people I saw in alot of those photo's don't exactly look like the anarchist punks who are behind social rebellion through rioting. All I see in those photos is the same kind of loser jocks who can't help but fight and be idiots when they get drunk.

June 17, 2011, 2:33 p.m.

It'd probably cost the city a lot of money, but I'd love to see a rioter chain gang that had to clean up downtown every day for a year. Like, keep the place insanely shiny and new and beautiful, while also being publicly humiliated in the place they trashed.

I agree with this idea but I am still against Scientology.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 17, 2011, 2:55 p.m.

Hey I saw video (somewhere here maybe?) yesterday of the guy with the hat being knocked unconscious by a friend of the dude "standing up for Vancouver."

I guess in riots, even the rioters divide into subgroups with varying agendas and use those agendas as an excuse to beat the shit out of each other. Plus clearly everyone is out of their gord.
:coffee:

Haha, I'm an idiot. The video was pages back in this thread. See next post….

Wrong. Always.