Crosby to Pittsburg...

July 22, 2005, 1:38 p.m.

well that was a waste of time… Pittsburg is probably one of the worst places he could go as far as what would be good for the league. LOL. at least he gets to play with Mario. frankly, I don't think he's as good as everyone says he's is going to be, and Deon Phaneuf is going to knock him on is ass. I like the rule changes except the stupid instigator rule of course. should be no instigator ruling at all. Brodeur isn't going to like the no handling the puck behind the goal line in the corners, but it's probably a good rule.

July 22, 2005, 2:11 p.m.

shitty…..

I was really hoping he'd stay in the country. Teams like Edmonton and Calgary deserve a break. Pittsburg is a dead hockey city.

iforonewelcome.com

July 22, 2005, 2:29 p.m.

Pittsburg is a dead hockey city.

yeah, but they probly need him more than most other teams. I don't mind that he went there.

I agree with Dante on that instigator rule. It's stupid. And I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I also don't like eliminating the 2-line pass. If they call obstruction, etc. (which it looks like they're going to do) they don't need a drastic rule change like that.

Oh yeah, and shootouts are :r: , but at least they still play an overtime period…

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

July 22, 2005, 3:04 p.m.

shitty…..

I was really hoping he'd stay in the country. Teams like Edmonton and Calgary deserve a break. Pittsburg is a dead hockey city.

yea it would have been uber sweet to see him end up in Edmonton, Calgary, or better yet, Vanvouver. but the very last place i would have liked him to go to is the ghey leafs.

also, word is that Bertuzzi will be reinstated but suspended for the first 10 to 20 games. and i hope he stays in vancouver with Nazzy. get ride of the lame Sedin sisters and Cloutier.

July 22, 2005, 3:04 p.m.

pittsburg? that is weak…what a waste of a draft!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

July 22, 2005, 3:34 p.m.

cha-ching goes the cash register. Mario smiles. Maybe he'll get some of that deferred contract money from 10 years ago after all.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

July 22, 2005, 4 p.m.

I was really hoping that calgary would pick him up, or at least edmonton. Pittsburg was one of the last places I wanted to see him go!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

July 22, 2005, 4:01 p.m.

cha-ching goes the cash register. Mario smiles. Maybe he'll get some of that deferred contract money from 10 years ago after all.

I doubt it. Just having a hot young player won't be enough to rejuvinate a market that no longer has any interest in hockey. He'll have to help them win long after Mario is gone (from the bench at least) before they start making money like that.

Shootouts: I like it. It could make a boring game exciting and it will only happen after the current overtime expires. It adds to the game without taking anything away.

Cloutier gone: Word on the street is that Noonis is making a very strong play to get a certain goalie with a fresh cup ring. Unfortunately that would likely mean that a star would have to leave here (I'm guessing Bert).

iforonewelcome.com

July 22, 2005, 4:05 p.m.

i had my fingers crossed for him to go to edmonton but holy fuck did the oilers and flames ever get shat upon….25th and 26th picks respectively. both teams had 2 balls too. ah well sidney and mario could be an exciting combo.

July 22, 2005, 4:42 p.m.

It just occured to me, imagine what Crosby's thinking. He was a kid growing up watching Mario in his prime, and now he gets to play with him.

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…

July 22, 2005, 5:41 p.m.

Cloutier gone: Word on the street is that Noonis is making a very strong play to get a certain goalie with a fresh cup ring. Unfortunately that would likely mean that a star would have to leave here (I'm guessing Bert).

I says pardon? He's gone?

If Bert goes, say goodbye to Naslund to.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

July 22, 2005, 6:26 p.m.

the guy on the Team 1040 am was going nuts when it looked like burke and anaheim might get cros, saying he would slit his wrists and jump out the window into traffic if crosby went to anaheim :lol: i didnt quite understand it either.

I woulda loved to see him be on the oilers! We wont get to see him play the nucks nearly at all!

July 22, 2005, 6:55 p.m.

I wanted him to goto Edmonton or Pittsburg. Im happy:)