Credit Card Chips

March 7, 2010, 7:45 p.m.

Just to top the thread off, I think someone managed to dupe my debit card and get my PIN in the past couple days. Gotta call the bank in the morning.

Get out of the chip thread with that nonsense.

March 7, 2010, 7:46 p.m.

Get out of the chip thread with that nonsense.

hmmm, I had some peanuts today that tasted like salt [HTML_REMOVED] vinegar chips.

they listed "Flavour" as an ingredient.

Check my stuff for sale!

March 7, 2010, 7:56 p.m.

hmmm, I had some peanuts today that tasted like salt [HTML_REMOVED] vinegar chips.

I'm intrigued, go on.

March 7, 2010, 8 p.m.

I'm intrigued, go on.

modified milk solids as well.

sea salt, pepper, and vinegar peanuts. really not as tasty as you might hope.

Check my stuff for sale!

March 7, 2010, 8:13 p.m.

modified milk solids as well.

sea salt, pepper, and vinegar peanuts. really not as tasty as you might hope.

I retract my last statement.

March 7, 2010, 8:17 p.m.

I was watching a show on ingredients. They were discussing "natural" colors and
flavors. The one that stuck with me was how they get the bright red natural color.
There's a beetle that when toasted and crushed makes the most vivid red. So when
you eat something that's naturally colored and it's in the red spectrum, you're probably
eating beetles.

Here's a different article on the red beetles (carmine color).
http://www.naturalnews.com/002043.html Enjoy that naturally colored raspberry yogurt.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 7, 2010, 8:47 p.m.

You bastards! Now I have to go buy some chips. Doritos maybe.

Kn.

Miss Vickeys is pretty good, as is Pringles.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 7, 2010, 9:03 p.m.

I was watching a show on ingredients. They were discussing "natural" colors and
flavors. The one that stuck with me was how they get the bright red natural color.
There's a beetle that when toasted and crushed makes the most vivid red. So when
you eat something that's naturally colored and it's in the red spectrum, you're probably
eating beetles.

Here's a different article on the red beetles (carmine color).
http://www.naturalnews.com/002043.html Enjoy that naturally colored raspberry yogurt.

meh: its included in the 5 most horrifying food additives here:http://www.cracked.com/article_15982_5-horrifying-food-additives-youve-probably-eaten-today.html but I couldnt care less, there are far worse things we eat and never know about it.

The Ham

March 7, 2010, 10:07 p.m.

meh: its included in the 5 most horrifying food additives here:http://www.cracked.com/article_15982_5-horrifying-food-additives-youve-probably-eaten-today.html but I couldnt care less, there are far worse things we eat and never know about it.

The Ham

"If someone discovered that goat jizz added a special zing to ice cream and they could prove that eating it wouldn't make you sick … natural flavor."

Thank god that was only an example.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

March 7, 2010, 10:28 p.m.

:eek2:

"If someone discovered that goat jizz added a special zing to ice cream and they could prove that eating it wouldn't make you sick … natural flavor."

Thank god that was only an example.

that we know of, I worked at a slaughter house/meat packing plant and some of the profits came from candy companys.
Fact is that unless you grow and produce everything going into your food and prepare everything yourself you never know whats going into it.
It kind of blows my mind anyways that people find the coloring made of beatles disturbing but are fine drinking cows milk!

The Ham

March 7, 2010, 10:40 p.m.

Not all "chip" cards are RFID. If your card looks like this:

Then it is NOT RFID. The gold squares are contacts that need to be inserted into a reader to get the information. Info stored on the card is transmitted to the data center and decoded there (not at the store's reader).

RFID is sandwiched into the plastic, needs most of the card's space to fit the antenna:

Visa cards w/RFID chips are easy to identify:

I don't think there's much, if any, RFID used in Canada yet. Non-RFID chips are just starting to penetrate the market. Also, I'm pretty sure you will only be issued a RFID card if you ask for it (for now, anyway).

Bigger picture, there are all sorts of transactions that don't use the chip or your signature (gas station pay at pump, internet purchases), so focusing on this one issue is a bit over the top IMO.

Kn.

KenN gets it right.

March 8, 2010, 8:29 a.m.

:eek2:

that we know of, I worked at a slaughter house/meat packing plant and some of the profits came from candy companys.
Fact is that unless you grow and produce everything going into your food and prepare everything yourself you never know whats going into it.
It kind of blows my mind anyways that people find the coloring made of beatles disturbing but are fine drinking cows milk!

The Ham

My dad took me to a slaughterhouse when I was real young. He said I should
know where my food comes from.

I don't mind eating beetles or dog or cows milk or jello it's not going to make me ill.
I do find all the chemical ingredients to be more disturbing.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 8, 2010, 8:31 a.m.

Beetle juice

Beetle juice

Beetle juice

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 8, 2010, 9:01 a.m.

I don't mind eating beetles or dog or cows milk or jello it's not going to make me ill.
I do find all the chemical ingredients to be more disturbing.

It always strikes me as funny when people get disgusted by certain things in their food, yet will happily eat 'food' that contains artificial colours and flavours. What's the chemical combination that creates banana flavour???

Also, it's snowing.

:canada: :swiss:

March 8, 2010, 9:04 a.m.

Also, it's snowing.

fuck off…

Check my stuff for sale!