Coyotes.

March 15, 2013, 12:40 p.m.

The wolves were always there….the feedlots and ranges teemiing with easy to hunt and eat cattle weren't.

Take the factory "ranches" out of the system and there is no more wolf problem.

You stupid fucks brought this problem on to yourselves…..especially with the Yellowstone packs.

Most hunters I know hate wolves….claim they're eating all the moose…..but they have no problem with the hundreds of trophy hunters and poachers that come up here every season…go figure.

That's gonna leave a welt mark.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 15, 2013, 2:11 p.m.

Until animals can be legitimately brainwashed into Jesus loving idiots, they will be the victims of said brainwashed, Jesus loving idiots.

Well said bud, the brainwash is strong with you I see

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

March 15, 2013, 2:33 p.m.

:lol: I thought for a second "Holy shit, Hypa looks a lot like the Nuge." That is a big coyote.

Burnaby could use a good cull. They are all over Burnaby Mtn and when I lived down by the golf course they would wake me up in the summer with their yipping. I think they do pretty well on rabbit there. My stupid dog would always chase them thinking they were his bros.

March 15, 2013, 3:34 p.m.

^^^^^I'm thinkin' we got a wide angle lense there, like they do with fish to make 'em look BIG.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 15, 2013, 5:27 p.m.

Most hunters I know hate wolves….claim they're eating all the moose…..but they have no problem with the hundreds of trophy hunters and poachers that come up here every season…go figure.

Wolves kill only the weak, the sick and runts. They keep the moose population healthy. They flush their prey and size it up for speed and strength. It makes no sense for a wolf pack to attack the biggest, strongest bull moose. Nobody wants to work harder for a meal than they have to. The only animals that kill the biggest and strongest and weaken the gene pool are humans. Witness the general declines in game trophy measurements over the years.

Also, there is a built-in feedback mechanisms for predator control in nature. The more predators there are, the more prey get eaten. There comes a point where the prey population can no longer support the population of predators. The predators starve to death or move on and prey numbers rebound and the cycle starts anew. Time tested for 4 bilion years. Humans are the only ones that live on after the prey is killed off close to the point of extermination … and keep on killing until they are all gone.

March 15, 2013, 11:30 p.m.

Humans are the only ones that live on after the prey is killed off close to the point of extermination … and keep on killing until they are all gone.

Anyone want some Atlantic Cod?

How about some West Coast Salmon?

March 16, 2013, 5 a.m.

The wolves were always there….the feedlots and ranges teemiing with easy to hunt and eat cattle weren't.

Take the factory "ranches" out of the system and there is no more wolf problem.

You stupid fucks brought this problem on to yourselves…..especially with the Yellowstone packs.

Not Grey wolves. Rocky Mountain wolves were all killed off decades ago, and for good reason. Grey wolves were brought in by greenies who think they are cute dogs.

The yellowstone packs are no different that the rest of those glorified rats that have infested MT, WY, and ID. They should all be shot on sight. Unfortunately you can't shoot them in the park. It wasn't sportsmen who brought this problem on. It was politicians who felt the need to meddle.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

March 16, 2013, 6:34 a.m.

Not Grey wolves. Rocky Mountain wolves were all killed off decades ago, and for good reason. Grey wolves were brought in by greenies who think they are cute dogs.

The yellowstone packs are no different that the rest of those glorified rats that have infested MT, WY, and ID. They should all be shot on sight. Unfortunately you can't shoot them in the park. It wasn't sportsmen who brought this problem on. It was politicians who felt the need to meddle.

For a smart guy, you're pretty stupid.

Grey wolves are native to your area. They were killed off by ranchers,not for good reason,but for fear that they would take out their cattle herds.

I suggest the cattlemen should be shot on sight for upsetting the balance of nature.

BTW….what has a wolf ever done to you to make you want it "shot on sight"?

Pastor of Muppets

March 16, 2013, 7 a.m.

Grey wolves are the larger, more aggressive cousins of the Rocky Mtn wolves that were killed off by ranchers because they were taking out their cattle herds.

Grey wolves are not native to this area. They were imported from northern AB, where they are devastating caribou populations.

I haven't personally had any pets killed by wolves (they would have a hard time getting in my fish tank), but my friends and neighbors have.

edit: the picture I posted is probably too gruesome to be SFW by the new nanny-state standards, so here is the link

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

March 16, 2013, 7:26 a.m.

Grey wolves are the larger, more aggressive cousins of the Rocky Mtn wolves that were killed off by ranchers because they were taking out their cattle herds.

So lets blame the wolves for that,eh?

…hey arent they not native to your area?

Grey wolves are not native to this area. They were imported from northern AB, where they are devastating caribou populations.

I haven't personally had any pets killed by wolves (they would have a hard time getting in my fish tank), but my friends and neighbors have.

edit: the picture I posted is probably too gruesome to be SFW by the new nanny-state standards, so here is the link

I don't know how to break this to you, but the rocky mountain wolf is a subspecies of the grey wolf. Both breeds are native to your region.

The wolves that were brought in from Alberta to re-restablish the animal in the northern mountain states are the same species your forefathers killed out of fear.

Pastor of Muppets

March 16, 2013, 8:13 a.m.

Northern Rocky Mountain Timber wolves are a sub-species of the grey wolf. They were native to MT, and were wiped out between 1915 and the 1930's.

The Mackenzie Valley Grey wolf is another sub-species of grey wolf. They are NOT native to this area. They are much larger and more aggressive than the Rocky Mtn wolves that were native to this area.

The original goal of the introduction program was 10 breeding pairs in MT, ID and WY. In 2004 there were 835 wolves and 66 breeding pairs. Montana alone had a minimum estimate of over 650 wolves at the end of 2011 according to MT FWP.

"USDA Montana Wildlife Services (WS) confirmed that 74 cattle, 11 sheep, 2 dogs, and 1 horse were killed by wolves in calendar year 2011. Additional losses (both injured and dead livestock) most certainly occurred, but could not be confirmed."

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishAndWildlife/management/wolf/default.html#aboutWolves

March 16, 2013, 8:26 a.m.

Northern Rocky Mountain Timber wolves are a sub-species of the grey wolf. They were native to MT, and were wiped out between 1915 and the 1930's.

The Mackenzie Valley Grey wolf is another sub-species of grey wolf. They are NOT native to this area. They are much larger and more aggressive than the Rocky Mtn wolves that were native to this area.

The original goal of the introduction program was 10 breeding pairs in MT, ID and WY. In 2004 there were 835 wolves and 66 breeding pairs. Montana alone had a minimum estimate of over 650 wolves at the end of 2011 according to MT FWP.

"USDA Montana Wildlife Services (WS) confirmed that 74 cattle, 11 sheep, 2 dogs, and 1 horse were killed by wolves in calendar year 2011. Additional losses (both injured and dead livestock) most certainly occurred, but could not be confirmed."

http://fwp.mt.gov/fishAndWildlife/management/wolf/default.html#aboutWolves

Also from the same page

Wolves from Canada began to colonize the Glacier National Park area in 1979, and the first wolf den in the western U.S. in over 50 years was documented there in 1986. The wolf population in northwest Montana grew as a result of natural reproduction and dispersal. By the end of 1994, there were about 48 wolves in and around Glacier National Park.

In a nutshell…don't blame wolves for eating a tiny percentage of your fat, slow feedlot cattle or your girlfriends pursedog.

Furthermore, they don't deserve to be shot on sight or described as vermin. You might want to look into the studies that show that the new wolves of Yellowstone have been instrumental in the restoration of the local ecosystems.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/10/031029064909.htm

Pastor of Muppets

March 16, 2013, 8:40 a.m.

Haha … you are NOT native to Montana either. Neither are your intolerant, bigoted redneck buddies. Neither are Native Americans. Welcome to reality.

March 16, 2013, 9:20 a.m.

I hope you get eaten by a pack of wolves. Seriously.

www.natooke.com

March 16, 2013, 9:48 a.m.

I dont know whats wose farmers stupid opinions or the fact that there are probably thousands more like him in america

Ha Ha! Made you look.