corporate taxes

Sept. 28, 2016, 9:20 a.m.

What software are you developing?

Automotive/Controls

Sept. 28, 2016, 9:26 a.m.

Ooo… Drive by wire CANbus stuffs.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 28, 2016, 9:33 a.m.

A good accountant, a must have.
I'm incorporated and so lucky to have a close personal friend as a kick ass accountant.
BTW I pay between 2-3K a year and thats bro deal

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 28, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Ooo… Drive by wire CANbus stuffs.

yes, but mostly for EV/hybrids

Jan. 19, 2021, 1:42 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Liability. For me, the software that I develop is mission critical.

Probably an app that answers complicated questions for the users, like "Will the plane take off?" or "Pineapple on pizza?"

Jan. 19, 2021, 2:19 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Probably an app that answers complicated questions for the users, like "Will the plane take off?" or "Pineapple on pizza?"

or how to get the best lease rates on an Acura TL

Jan. 19, 2021, 2:34 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

or how to get the best lease rates on an Acura TL

*snort*

Good thing my office area is almost abandoned. Nobody near me to ask me explain my random outburst of laughing.

Last edited by: KenN on Jan. 19, 2021, 2:35 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 19, 2021, 3:18 p.m.

I pulled in consulting dough via my own Inc last year and am now full time employee of one of my clients. My accountant says that he will do the filings for the shell company (which will likely retain the cash it holds but will be inactive) for $500 should I wish to keep it intact.

Feb. 3, 2021, 4:18 p.m.

Or on a scale of 1 to 10, how big is gearwhores mancrush on le shogun.

Feb. 3, 2021, 4:26 p.m.

How much time did you spend trolling through dead threads to find something that would work for that joke?

Feb. 3, 2021, 6:31 p.m.

If I remember right there was a previously deleted bot post that received this thread initially

Feb. 4, 2021, 8:55 a.m.

Posted by: bokinator

So I was working as a consultant 2 years ago and a bit and was solo for my incorporation. I have been a full-time employee for the last year

I paid my accountant 1500$ to do my taxes last year, and with barely any revenue generated this year, my accountant is still charging me $900.

I'm shamefully a complete idiot when it comes to taxes, but I do know math at least… With that said, has anyone used U-File, Turbo Tax, or alike to do their own corporate taxes of similar incorporation scale? Is it easy enough for me to do it myself and/or is it worth paying an accountant this much???

$900 is a steal for corporate taxes - $3000 for a non active one and over $10k for businesses with lots of income and expenses is "normal"

shit , i should have said OVER 9000 instead of over $10k - you're an  idiot gearwhore

Feb. 5, 2021, 5:37 p.m.

Posted by: gearwhore

So I was working as a consultant 2 years ago and a bit and was solo for my incorporation. I have been a full-time employee for the last year

I paid my accountant 1500$ to do my taxes last year, and with barely any revenue generated this year, my accountant is still charging me $900.

I'm shamefully a complete idiot when it comes to taxes, but I do know math at least… With that said, has anyone used U-File, Turbo Tax, or alike to do their own corporate taxes of similar incorporation scale? Is it easy enough for me to do it myself and/or is it worth paying an accountant this much???

$900 is a steal for corporate taxes - $3000 for a non active one and over $10k for businesses with lots of income and expenses is "normal"

shit , i should have said OVER 9000 instead of over $10k - you're an  idiot gearwhore

$3k for a tax return for an inactive company is a rip-off - you literally just input the name and address of the company and tick a few boxes and that's it. $10k is pretty pricey unless you talking about a legit big operating company with at least 8 figures of revenue. Although I assume we're talking about only preparing the tax return. If you are also getting the accountant to prepare financial statements from scratch then that's a different story.

Feb. 12, 2021, 3:54 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Posted by: gearwhore

$3k for a tax return for an inactive company is a rip-off - you literally just input the name and address of the company and tick a few boxes and that's it. $10k is pretty pricey unless you talking about a legit big operating company with at least 8 figures of revenue. Although I assume we're talking about only preparing the tax return. If you are also getting the accountant to prepare financial statements from scratch then that's a different story.

Sorry , "inactive" was not the right term.  should have said "not very active"  - like 100 transactions a year, stable income / 2 shareholders - mom and pop type of thing