cool smallish pickups (global)

Dec. 29, 2015, 2:56 p.m.

That's a sexy exhaust mani and your bpv/bov is almost as big as your turbo. You tuning it yourself?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 29, 2015, 3:24 p.m.

yeah im doing most of the build my self and have been playing around with my microtech ECU changing the fuel maps but keeping the timing tame since i dont have any knock sensors. i got that turbo kit because it has the nice strong manifold and downpipe the rest is cheep china knock off stuff that should get at lest a few 10,000km, its a gt35 turbo with a t4 flange.

Dec. 29, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

yeah im doing most of the build my self and have been playing around with my microtech ECU changing the fuel maps but keeping the timing tame since i dont have any knock sensors. i got that turbo kit because it has the nice strong manifold and downpipe the rest is cheep china knock off stuff that should get at lest a few 10,000km, its a gt35 turbo with a t4 flange.

Nice. I looked at the microtech ecu but its the same price as the turbo I'd like (corksport). The ap is only $650 new for the v3 sooo probably going that route if the repairs ever stop.

Good luck on the knock off parts, never know they might hold up well.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 29, 2015, 5:18 p.m.

I've had a few microtechs in various projects, pretty happy with them.

Dec. 29, 2015, 5:50 p.m.

http://www.millertechnology.com/products.asp?action=display[HTML_REMOVED]cat=Personnel+Carriers[HTML_REMOVED]id=94

/thread

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 29, 2015, 5:53 p.m.

http://www.millertechnology.com/products.asp?action=display[HTML_REMOVED]cat=Personnel+Carriers[HTML_REMOVED]id=71

This too

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 29, 2015, 5:59 p.m.

the key is to get a frame, preferably fully boxed, put any motor you want in it and get a cab with a vin number preferably old and American so you get cheep insurance and hope ic bc never finds out.

Dec. 29, 2015, 6:03 p.m.

those are sweet! wonder what they cost

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 29, 2015, 6:07 p.m.

those are sweet! wonder what they cost

Start at 125

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 29, 2015, 6:08 p.m.

bout 100 too much.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 30, 2015, 7:45 a.m.

the key is to get a frame, preferably fully boxed, put any motor you want in it and get a cab with a vin number preferably old and American so you get cheep insurance and hope ic bc never finds out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c68L_tieVs

Jan. 1, 2016, 8:14 a.m.

I miss these.

why? I'm genuinely curious since alot of people say they were great trucks but in my brief time owning a second gen yota it left alot to be desired. Poor gas mileage, terribly underpowered, cramped engine bay making even routine repairs an absolute pita, head gasket failures, weak leaf springs yada yada. I sold mine after a few months of ownership and was happy to see it go. I know a few people who have kept those going for years and years because "it's a toyota and it'll last forever, maaaan" … any vehicle out there lasts forever when you rebuild/replace everything on it a couple of times in it's lifespan

Jan. 1, 2016, 8:34 a.m.

http://www.millertechnology.com/products.asp?action=display[HTML_REMOVED]cat=Personnel+Carriers[HTML_REMOVED]id=94

/thread

16 Ply tires :high: those would be great for cornering!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Jan. 1, 2016, 8:54 a.m.

why? I'm genuinely curious since alot of people say they were great trucks but in my brief time owning a second gen yota it left alot to be desired. Poor gas mileage, terribly underpowered, cramped engine bay making even routine repairs an absolute pita, head gasket failures, weak leaf springs yada yada. I sold mine after a few months of ownership and was happy to see it go. I know a few people who have kept those going for years and years because "it's a toyota and it'll last forever, maaaan" … any vehicle out there lasts forever when you rebuild/replace everything on it a couple of times in it's lifespan

third gens are a pretty big improvement over second gens.. theyre the last of the pickups to be made in japan and actually really easy to work on so i dont know what youre comparing it to in that respect.. if you actually get one that hasnt been hamfisted before you they are great trucks, still not worth what people were and are asking for them though.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 1, 2016, 9:44 a.m.

372k on my 01 Taco , still rocking 90% of it,s original parts , i choose to upgrade the suspension to aftermarket .

#northsidetrailbuilders