Convoy

Nov. 30, 2022, 3:50 p.m.

Posted by: Vikb

If the liberals were smart they'd put a new leader in place now so they they'd have a fresh look for the next election. That might extend their run vs. trying to sell Trudeau to the voters again.

This is how I see it as well.  They should also stop the gun-banning bullshit while they are at it.  I am cool with banning handguns but there is no need to piss off every hunter across the country.  The longer they wait, the harder it will be and they might end up in the post Paul Martin doldrums again.  The Conservatives and NDP are not resonating with that many people so it is a good time to take a risk.

But they will all probably do exactly what they shouldn't and make us all hold our noses at the ballot box.

Nov. 30, 2022, 3:51 p.m.

It's typical in Canada for a gov't to get voted out after a few election cycles and the liberals have been in power since 2015. So it's not out of the question that the CPC gets into power in one or two elections, but I don't see it happening due to the whacko vote.

Nov. 30, 2022, 3:57 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

My mom and borther are the exact same way. my mom never gave a rats ass about politics and now its the same story as above. I really dont get it. I saw this thing where a baby was having a heart operation or something and the parents canceled it cause of the possibility of donor blood having come from a vaccinated person.

this one

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/30/new-zealand-parents-refuse-use-of-vaccinated-blood-in-life-saving-surgery-on-baby

fucking morons.

How fucked do you have to be to risk your baby's life over a vaccine?  Don't they wonder how so many of us have received several boosters and manage to survive?

Nov. 30, 2022, 4:06 p.m.

Posted by: Vikb

It's typical in Canada for a gov't to get voted out after a few election cycles and the liberals have been in power since 2015. So it's not out of the question that the CPC gets into power in one or two elections, but I don't see it happening due to the whacko vote.

exactly ^^ thats what used to happen with regularity with the progressive conservatives but the cons we now have are  too far into whacko land

Nov. 30, 2022, 4:07 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

My mom and borther are the exact same way. my mom never gave a rats ass about politics and now its the same story as above. I really dont get it. I saw this thing where a baby was having a heart operation or something and the parents canceled it cause of the possibility of donor blood having come from a vaccinated person.

this one

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/30/new-zealand-parents-refuse-use-of-vaccinated-blood-in-life-saving-surgery-on-baby

fucking morons.

How fucked do you have to be to risk your baby's life over a vaccine?  Don't they wonder how so many of us have received several boosters and manage to survive?

I'm pretty sure there is a party of religious fanatics maybe the JW's who don't allow blood transfusions

Dec. 1, 2022, 8:54 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

this one

fucking morons.

I'm pretty sure there is a party of religious fanatics maybe the JW's who don't allow blood transfusions

Yeah. JWs don’t allow blood transfusions. An uncle of mine needed heart surgery but wouldn’t have it done because of that. Made my father angry that his brother died in his mid 60s when he didn’t have to. Prince too. He needed hip replacements badly but wouldn’t do it for those same religious reasons. Ended up hooked on pain killers as a result and died from that instead. Stupid.

Dec. 1, 2022, 5:46 p.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

this one

fucking morons.

Yeah. JWs don’t allow blood transfusions. An uncle of mine needed heart surgery but wouldn’t have it done because of that. Made my father angry that his brother died in his mid 60s when he didn’t have to. Prince too. He needed hip replacements badly but wouldn’t do it for those same religious reasons. Ended up hooked on pain killers as a result and died from that instead. Stupid.

Not just JW's. The Catholic college and the other religious enclave all Catholic/Christianity not only didn't support vaccination. But caused a huge infection spike because religious leaders travelled from Covid hotspots aka Center of the Universe Toronto to Barry's Bay. Shortly after huge spike in Covid infection. And the local religious leader's response was deflected blame and other BS. Because you know vaccination holds zero power to some fantasy being that is all knowing and so on.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/10/20/latest-covid-outbreak-focuses-in-mv-parish-at-combermere.html

Dec. 1, 2022, 5:51 p.m.

This is how I see it as well.  They should also stop the gun-banning bullshit while they are at it.  I am cool with banning handguns but there is no need to piss off every hunter across the country.   

The gun ban BS is such a joke. Earlier part of this bill tried to include Paintball and Airsoft gear in it. It was pretty much laughed at. 

Hey while we are at it....Can we get Ottawa declared as a separate Capital territory?

Dec. 2, 2022, 11:34 a.m.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/freedom-convoy-protest-2023-1.6671784

Sounds like the federals are gearing up for the freedumb convoy 2.0 and won't get caught with their pants down this time ?

Convoy 1.0 did work once but the burning question might be are things unfree enough for it to work again

are people still stupid enough to get all whipped up into a frenzy and drive across a very big country ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on Dec. 2, 2022, 1:12 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
Dec. 2, 2022, 12:40 p.m.

Posted by: Endurimil

This is how I see it as well.  They should also stop the gun-banning bullshit while they are at it.  I am cool with banning handguns but there is no need to piss off every hunter across the country.   

The gun ban BS is such a joke. Earlier part of this bill tried to include Paintball and Airsoft gear in it. It was pretty much laughed at. 

Hey while we are at it....Can we get Ottawa declared as a separate Capital territory?

Ya, I am surprised at how far they have taken this.  They already scored their political points, why keep going?

Dec. 2, 2022, 2 p.m.

Posted by: Endurimil

Ya, I am surprised at how far they have taken this.  They already scored their political points, why keep going?

I know local veterans who play paintball and airsoft. For them it is a management tool for dealing with life. And Canada's largest airsoft game Op Valour outside of Edmonton raises money every year for a specific veteran related group. Myself while haven't been able to get out to play airsoft due to waiting for knee surgery. Still have been able to get out a few times to shoot at some targets in someone I knows farm field.  Sure, not the same as popping live ammo but it still helps with keeping my brain occupied.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/a-bang-up-job-airsoft-war-game-op-valour-sees-record-ticket-sales

https://www.strathconas.ca/operation-valour

Dec. 2, 2022, 5:09 p.m.

Earlier part of the bill tried to include Paintball and Airsoft gear... specifically those replica firearms that exactly resemble regulated firearms.

A little context can help calm the outrage machine. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/airsoft-gun-paintball-blackblitz-airsoft-1.5933339

Personally I don't care if a bunch of paintball nerds want to nerd out with their gun games in the forest. But would it truly ruin the experience if the guns looked like the 'toys' that they are?

I agree the bill was overreach, but people saying they need replica AR-15s airsoft guns are also being unreasonable.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Dec. 2, 2022, 5:12 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 2, 2022, 11:27 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Earlier part of the bill tried to include Paintball and Airsoft gear... specifically those replica firearms that exactly resemble regulated firearms.

A little context can help calm the outrage machine. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/airsoft-gun-paintball-blackblitz-airsoft-1.5933339

Personally I don't care if a bunch of paintball nerds want to nerd out with their gun games in the forest. But would it truly ruin the experience if the guns looked like the 'toys' that they are?

I agree the bill was overreach, but people saying they need replica AR-15s airsoft guns are also being unreasonable.

To be honest if Trudeau and the Federal Liberal party wanted to deal with the greatest threat to public safety. They would give a shit about how people operate gas powered vehicles. As a couple of attorneys know say it best... Want to get away with murder in Canada? Forget the gun and drive a car. Seriously it's pretty scary to consider how little human life is valued when the weapon chosen to maim and kill pedestrians and cyclists is a gas-powered vehicle.  I fear way more the average person with a vehicle then anyone with a gun. And every fucking day see reasons to be extremely wary of the average person driving.

Dec. 3, 2022, 6:41 a.m.

Convoy 1.0 did work once but the burning question might be are things unfree enough for it to work again

We just flew YVR-USA.  Apparently the vax is still a flight requirement, but the only authority who asked was the airline desk at the gate, after we’d been checked into the plane, and it was definitely an afterthought with no request to show evidence.   Free, except  not really.  

But that’s a US entry rule, isn’t it?

Dec. 4, 2022, 11:13 a.m.

Not up to speed yet but listened to a quick snippet about what the premier of Alberta has been trying to do in the legislature. Isn’t that the kind of thing the convoy folks have been rallying against? The powers to ram new policies through in private away from public scrutiny. Also the ability to ignore whatever federal policy she doesn’t agree with. Feel free to straighten me out. Now back to bleeding my brakes.

Last edited by: FLATCH on Dec. 4, 2022, 11:20 a.m., edited 1 time in total.