Convoy

Nov. 24, 2022, 4:18 p.m.

Here we go again. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRQtgChK7vE

Nov. 24, 2022, 4:47 p.m.

That should answer the original question of what the original convoy was really about; protesting covid restrictions or protesting liberal/progressive ideology.

Nov. 24, 2022, 6:21 p.m.

I don't think anyone knew especialy the people who were tagged as the organizers or maybe they are playing dumb which is not really a stretch given their incarceration cuz they could have done less time if they didnt act so stupid

actualy the whole fucking bunch of them exhibited un-believable stupidity & naivete when it came to how the country works, short of a non-confidence vote there is no way the PM has to or is going to resign, he is going to use the law to get rid of the freedum folks

canadian press :

" Some protesters had incorrectly thought that Simon was capable of firing Trudeau and install some form of committee with the protesters to lead the government instead.

A memorandum of understanding from one of the organizing groups, Canada Unity, had also unlawfully demanded that Simon and the Senate force the federal and provincial governments to lift all COVID-19 restrictions, including vaccine mandates. The memo was later withdrawn.

Notes from a conversation between Trudeau and Simon submitted as evidence to the inquiry show the Governor General told the prime minister that some of her senior staff “were getting a lot of hateful emails.”

Those emails were “asking for the GG to fire PM and to create these crazy things. It is difficult to receive these things. They made a website in my name saying stuff. Have to let it slide off our backs,” Simon said during the call, according to the notes. "

fucking children

In any case I think convoy VER 2.0 will get away with absolutely zero

localy a convoy attendee who headed for ottawa almost got his ass frozen off in a praire white out, tried to run for the mayors job and didnt get in, a group of very able women worked for the incumbent mayor ( also a woman ) and a lot of people breathed a sigh of relief when freedumb bro didn't get in

Last edited by: XXX_er on Nov. 25, 2022, 5:47 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
Nov. 25, 2022, 1:47 p.m.

I'm far from a Trudeau fan, but I've been pretty frustrated with the online Pro-Convoy comments during the Emergencies Act hearings. It all seems to be some variant of 'Why didn't Trudeau negotiate with the protestors before invoking the Emergencies Act?'

Well, fuck head, that would be extortion. 

Nice city you have here, would be a shame if someone ground it's economy to a halt. Hey, how dare you compel heavy-wrecking companies to remove our blockade, you should have capitulated and let a tiny uneducated, conspiratorial minority dictate public health policy, this is tyranny.

Nov. 30, 2022, 11:25 a.m.

The supporters have whipped themselves up into a victimhood frenzy.  My sister is a supporter of the hippy healing crystal variety and I have back-and-forth text conversations with her over it all.  My brother quit our chat because he just gets too mad about it.  

Just this morning she said "So hard to see friends and loved ones being totally OK with me having my rights taken away.  This may sound extreme but I don't think anyone would save me from the gas chamber."  WTF?  This is how insane their sense of victimhood is.  She is wealthy and as far as I know, the only hardship was that she couldn't go out for dinner when the passports were in effect.  

This is from a woman that would get mad if we argued about politics at Thanksgiving a decade ago.   She is totally fucking brainwashed and sends me links from crackpot Youtubers but nothing makes her reconsider a thing.  She rails on about the lying CBC and mainstream media, then sends me a Youtube video hosted by a couple that is going on about how the left covered up that COVID was a man-made virus from a lab.  I show her that we don't know where it came from and that even if it was a lab leak it could still be totally natural.  I show her the that hosts are a married couple that used to be hosts on Fox and MSNBC and had to flee the country after ripping people off in Real Estate.  She just thinks I am shitting on her and I don't care about her rights.  Logic be damned.  What rights exactly?  She can't really say, but Trudeau is 100% a tyrant.  It is super frustrating.

Nov. 30, 2022, 11:31 a.m.

Good on ya for staying engaged. Good bro.

Nov. 30, 2022, 12:21 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

The supporters have whipped themselves up into a victimhood frenzy.  My sister is a supporter of the hippy healing crystal variety and I have back-and-forth text conversations with her over it all.  My brother quit our chat because he just gets too mad about it.  

Just this morning she said "So hard to see friends and loved ones being totally OK with me having my rights taken away.  This may sound extreme but I don't think anyone would save me from the gas chamber."  WTF?  This is how insane their sense of victimhood is.  She is wealthy and as far as I know, the only hardship was that she couldn't go out for dinner when the passports were in effect.  

This is from a woman that would get mad if we argued about politics at Thanksgiving a decade ago.   She is totally fucking brainwashed and sends me links from crackpot Youtubers but nothing makes her reconsider a thing.  She rails on about the lying CBC and mainstream media, then sends me a Youtube video hosted by a couple that is going on about how the left covered up that COVID was a man-made virus from a lab.  I show her that we don't know where it came from and that even if it was a lab leak it could still be totally natural.  I show her the that hosts are a married couple that used to be hosts on Fox and MSNBC and had to flee the country after ripping people off in Real Estate.  She just thinks I am shitting on her and I don't care about her rights.  Logic be damned.  What rights exactly?  She can't really say, but Trudeau is 100% a tyrant.  It is super frustrating.

My mom and borther are the exact same way. my mom never gave a rats ass about politics and now its the same story as above. I really dont get it. I saw this thing where a baby was having a heart operation or something and the parents canceled it cause of the possibility of donor blood having come from a vaccinated person.

this one

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/30/new-zealand-parents-refuse-use-of-vaccinated-blood-in-life-saving-surgery-on-baby

fucking morons.

Nov. 30, 2022, 2:06 p.m.

yeah same with my older sister, her loser BF turned her into anti anti-vax they follow alex jones and all kinds of BS, I thot my younger sister might have been the one to  go down the rabbit hole but instead we talk about the older sister

Trudeau is a goof and all the stuff you read is good press but I wonder is there enough whacko nut jobs to vote him out ?

Nov. 30, 2022, 2:25 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Trudeau is a goof and all the stuff you read is good press but I wonder is there enough whacko nut jobs to vote him out ?

Looking at polls in a solidly conservative part of the country like AB the general population does not seem keen on anti-vax conspiracy theorists. The liberal gov't is getting long in the tooth so a general election loss is coming in the next cycle or two, but I don't think it'll be the result of the whacko constituency just the normal process of incumbent burn out we've seen many times in Canada.

If the liberals were smart they'd put a new leader in place now so they they'd have a fresh look for the next election. That might extend their run vs. trying to sell Trudeau to the voters again.

Nov. 30, 2022, 2:35 p.m.

Yeah.. its time to change the diaper.. or at least throw the turd out of the current one and call it a day.

Nov. 30, 2022, 2:45 p.m.

Posted by: Vikb

Looking at polls in a solidly conservative part of the country like AB the general population does not seem keen on anti-vax conspiracy theorists. The liberal gov't is getting long in the tooth so a general election loss is coming in the next cycle or two, but I don't think it'll be the result of the whacko constituency just the normal process of incumbent burn out we've seen many times in Canada.

If the liberals were smart they'd put a new leader in place now so they they'd have a fresh look for the next election. That might extend their run vs. trying to sell Trudeau to the voters again.

But  does the PM  get elected in AB  OR   the 905/ Quebec and is  the Polievre alternative with his band of whacko candidates  electable  ?

Nov. 30, 2022, 2:46 p.m.

hello no PP is a tool

Nov. 30, 2022, 3:08 p.m.

Exactly ^^ didnt buddy buy a Shwarma with bitcoin and suggest it will replace the dollar ?

and he is running a party of whacko nutjobs

these are not your father's progressive conservatives

that party dissappeared in 2003,

Last edited by: XXX_er on Nov. 30, 2022, 3:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 30, 2022, 3:11 p.m.

Posted by: Vikb

But does the PM get elected in AB OR the 905/ Quebec and is the Polievre alternative with his band of whacko candidates electable ?

I am just using AB as an example where ultra conservative view points are certainly going to be better rec'd than PQ or ON. Of course the liberals are not going to win a federal election with AB seats. But, if the whackos can't get traction in AB where are they going to get traction in Canada?

If PP courts the whackos with anti-vax/bitcoin silliness he'll lose centrist voters and vice versa. I don't see how he can win courting the whackos.

Last edited by: Vikb on Nov. 30, 2022, 3:12 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 30, 2022, 3:45 p.m.

well PP defintley has been courting the Whacko's and it does make for good press

so while they do exist in the 905/ quebec how many average voters are Whacko's and are there enough to elect PP ?

the conservatives  problem is that almost 20years later  the con party party is full of them and  they don't think they are Whackos