Convoy

March 8, 2022, 7:57 a.m.

https://www.straight.com/covid-19-pandemic/news/freedom-convoy-organizer-james-bauder-announce-plans-for-a-major-convoy-to-victoria-to

Lol these guys think they are going to get a Convoy from Surrey across the ferry to Victoria. What are the odds that these guys don't actually know you can't drive to Victoria from the mainland?

March 8, 2022, 8:35 a.m.

Posted by: earleb

https://www.straight.com/covid-19-pandemic/news/freedom-convoy-organizer-james-bauder-announce-plans-for-a-major-convoy-to-victoria-to

Lol these guys think they are going to get a Convoy from Surrey across the ferry to Victoria. What are the odds that these guys don't actually know you can't drive to Victoria from the mainland?

"multiple rolling convoys" - So it appears that they've learned their lessons. They're just going to drive slowly, snarl up traffic and f*cking honk all day, rather than stop and risk being carted off by the fuzz.

March 8, 2022, 10:09 a.m.

I don't think they will be trying to fuck too much up,  that is at least doable ^^ 

while occupying Ottawa until the elected  government rescinded vax mandates & steps down was not so much

March 16, 2022, 5:44 p.m.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2022/03/15/Convoy-Support-Maps/

follow the money ^^ the convoy was funded mostly by good  christian folk

March 17, 2022, 9:25 a.m.

https://www.cbc.ca/newsinteractives/features/Coutts-border-protest-Alberta-Jim-Willett-RCMP

apparently its not completely over

March 17, 2022, 2:58 p.m.

I took a quick trip to Mexico, to meet my dad and his friend, who are snow-birding down there this winter. They're both from rural AB, with my dad having been based in Calgary since before I was born. His buddy came out from behind his laptop one morning, and proclaimed, "See, there it is Murph (my dad), the cops planted those guns in Coutes, and they're all getting released". Super skeptical, I did a quick news search, and found nothing but that one UK tabloid story with the old lady in Coutes. Nothing more. So I casually brought it up with my Dad a half hour later, pointing that there was no evidence that this actually happened. His response was "Where are you looking? The CBC?? They wouldn't tell the truth in the first place". A bit taken aback, I said, "No, this is a search of all the news out there, and believe me, this would be huge juicy news for any outlet that's looking for clicks. They would definitely report it". He basically dismissed that as "bullshit", and that mainstream media is lying about most Covid or Freedom Rally related topics. Buddy's laptop was still open, so I had a look at what he was reading, and it was some kind of right-wing blog. That was his trustworthy news. 

I was amazed that someone who I always thought of as a decent critical thinker, although admittedly Conservative by nature, could become so blinded by a single narrative. There are A LOT of people like that in Alberta, but also here, just in smaller ratios. The whole concept of Fake News seems to have poisoned a decent chunk of the population with deep paranoia.

Last edited by: mammal on March 17, 2022, 3 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 17, 2022, 3:57 p.m.

Posted by: mammal

I took a quick trip to Mexico, to meet my dad and his friend, who are snow-birding down there this winter. They're both from rural AB, with my dad having been based in Calgary since before I was born. His buddy came out from behind his laptop one morning, and proclaimed, "See, there it is Murph (my dad), the cops planted those guns in Coutes, and they're all getting released". Super skeptical, I did a quick news search, and found nothing but that one UK tabloid story with the old lady in Coutes. Nothing more. So I casually brought it up with my Dad a half hour later, pointing that there was no evidence that this actually happened. His response was "Where are you looking? The CBC?? They wouldn't tell the truth in the first place". A bit taken aback, I said, "No, this is a search of all the news out there, and believe me, this would be huge juicy news for any outlet that's looking for clicks. They would definitely report it". He basically dismissed that as "bullshit", and that mainstream media is lying about most Covid or Freedom Rally related topics. Buddy's laptop was still open, so I had a look at what he was reading, and it was some kind of right-wing blog. That was his trustworthy news. 

I was amazed that someone who I always thought of as a decent critical thinker, although admittedly Conservative by nature, could become so blinded by a single narrative. There are A LOT of people like that in Alberta, but also here, just in smaller ratios. The whole concept of Fake News seems to have poisoned a decent chunk of the population with deep paranoia.

I feel your pain, my brother is buying into the media paranoia. It’s frustrating. Checking in hasn’t been as frequent for sure.   A couple of good buddies at work who I regularly had beers with, let’s just say beer consumption is down. For one of them nearly everything can be related to the msm. If Global reported the sky is blue he would call it a lie.

March 17, 2022, 8:14 p.m.

Y' know i think those cons are all goofs but I sure wouldn't put a fuck Harper/ sheer / the tool sticker on my truck which i then drive to Ottawa to hang out at -20 with a bunch of religious whacko-nut-jobs who all look like Dusty Hill

with apologies to Dusty Hill

In any case these crayon eaters haven't had a political bone in their bodies till now and there are probably not enough of them in any organized fashion to have any political clout

I add to this seemingly ridiculous thread cuz there are a few seemingly ridiculous people who have gone down the rabbit hole and so we should be aware of this phenomena, I don't think its a huge part of Canada but it is there, pople with guns ... really ?

I never did talk to my sister that much but even less now cuz she has gone down the Q anon/ great reset/ glen beck/ antivax rabbit hole, she can't get on a plane and has to drive to oshawa to visit her grand children which is a big yuck

Last edited by: XXX_er on March 17, 2022, 8:21 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 17, 2022, 8:17 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

I feel your pain, my brother is buying into the media paranoia. It’s frustrating. Checking in hasn’t been as frequent for sure.   A couple of good buddies at work who I regularly had beers with, let’s just say beer consumption is down. For one of them nearly everything can be related to the msm. If Global reported the sky is blue he would call it a lie.

well I hang out at the bar, all the whackos can't get in without the bar code, i know its really called the QR code but i call it the Bar code cuz you can't get into the bar without it

March 18, 2022, 7:12 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: FLATCH

well I hang out at the bar, all the whackos can't get in without the bar code, i know its really called the QR code but i call it the Bar code cuz you can't get into the bar without it

Well you won't have that luxury after April 8th, when the Vax Card requirements end. And as for you sister going down the "great reset" rabbit hole, my Dad is luckily not that far gone, but his brother (my Uncle Ed) in northern AB is definitely right there with your sister. All sorts of New World Order nonsense coming from him for around 3 years now.

March 18, 2022, 8:05 p.m.

Well you won't have that luxury after April 8th, when the Vax Card requirements end. And as for you sister going down the "great reset" rabbit hole, my Dad is luckily not that far gone, but his brother (my Uncle Ed) in northern AB is definitely right there with your sister. All sorts of New World Order nonsense coming from him for around 3 years now.

I'm guessing you two aren't up to speed on the whole agenda angle? That'd be agenda 2020, 21, 2030, even id2020.

You two should ask your family members about the WEFs young leader programs and even look into it. Trudoh is one along with a bunch of other people in politics. It's some interesting shit if you can take a step back and let go of the norm for the read.

March 19, 2022, 7:07 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I'm guessing you two aren't up to speed on the whole agenda angle? That'd be agenda 2020, 21, 2030, even id2020.

You two should ask your family members about the WEFs young leader programs and even look into it. Trudoh is one along with a bunch of other people in politics. It's some interesting shit if you can take a step back and let go of the norm for the read.

I was just reminded of this 4 part multi hour dissection of Alex Jones Endgame. They discuss Agenda 21 at length. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5XPI58vMfRNKft8dtTTSDK?si=HmpqpK3GTfaJRohE8WGf1A&utm_source=copy-link

March 19, 2022, 10:32 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

I was just reminded of this 4 part multi hour dissection of Alex Jones Endgame. They discuss Agenda 21 at length. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5XPI58vMfRNKft8dtTTSDK?si=HmpqpK3GTfaJRohE8WGf1A&utm_source=copy-link

This may be hard to believe but I don't Alex Jones.

March 19, 2022, 11:09 a.m.

Why not? All his talking points, beliefs and fears completely match yours.

March 19, 2022, 11:09 a.m.

Why not? All his talking points, beliefs and fears completely match yours.