Convoy

Feb. 23, 2022, 6:29 p.m.

Posted by: Schnickelfritz

Posted by: syncro

Yeah, it's something I "battle" with in the scope of this forum. I also don't like letting misinfo go unchallenged, but just questioning the methods to do that when the reach of this forum is limited and a lot of people on here either have friendships beyond the screen or have know each other via screen names for a long time. In situations like this I think it would be more effective to lead someone to challenge their own views via questioning how they got to their understanding than just pointing out why they are wrong where they might be inclined to just ignore it and/or trust their own sources.

Totally agree, for the most part. The only reason that I said anything was honestly Lowcard's response, when we start engaging with misinformation as if it were true, it becomes even more convincing to those who are inclined to believe and spread it. 

Posted by: Lowcard

In a case where so much stupidity and dangerous misinformation is being spread, then yes, it should be censored. That goes for any side of politics.

Marry me

Feb. 23, 2022, 8:36 p.m.

You date your skis, but marry your boots.

Feb. 23, 2022, 9:10 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/emergency-bank-measures-finance-committee-1.6360769

Some Conservative MPs have said constituents have reported that their bank accounts were frozen after they made donations to the convoy protest through one of its crowdfunding campaigns.

In a statement released Monday, the RCMP said it only provided banks with the names of convoy organizers and the owners of trucks who had refused to leave the protest area. The RCMP said it did not release an exhaustive list of every donation made."At no time did we provide a list of donors to financial institutions," the statement said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-senator-friendly-patriotic-ottawa-convoy-1.6361392

an artical ^^ on all the conservative politicians falling over them selves to say stupid/ unpopular things instead of no comment, they should have checked a poll before openning their mouths

The same RCMP that admitted to vandalizing and damaging some heavy equipment in AB?

Feb. 24, 2022, 9:01 a.m.

Wrong thread, The subject is whacko-nut-job convoy go-ers and the conservative politicians who sit on the wrong side of the house & don't seem smart enough to know when they should STFU

Feb. 24, 2022, 11:13 a.m.

https://www.nytimes.com/1974/09/20/archives/cia-is-linked-to-strikes-in-chile-that-beset-allende-intelligence.html

A ski bro pointed out that  trucker strikes (amongst other factions) worked in Chile to over thro the Allende gov and force a military coup

altho  I highly doubt any of this aniti-vax convoy had ever heard of  Allende/ Pinochet/ trucker strikes in Chile/  know where Chile is

or are able to spell CIA

Last edited by: XXX_er on Feb. 24, 2022, 11:24 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 24, 2022, 11:47 a.m.

So 'm going to think out loud here for a moment and look back at convoy events. I think it's safe to say that by now most Canadians if they don't hate/dislike Trudeau are at least disappointed with him and in turn the Liberal govt. With the emergencies act having been instituted for only 30 days and being rescinded well before that just the other day, I was wondering if this was an intentional move by the Libs to bait the Cons into foaming at the mouth over the whole thing to help expose the underbelly of the party. Realistically, they didn't need to call the emergency measures act and the police movements could have been conducted without it. Coming out of it who is looking worse to a majority of Canadians? The Cons for initially supporting the convoy and then vehemently opposing the emergency measures act or the Libs for having put the trucker mandate in place and then invoking emergency measures to deal with the protest. If it was an orchestrated political move to show the Cons up and buy/regain some popularity it was brilliant but highly risky move that looks like it may have paid off. I don't think in any way that JT would have been responsible for it as I don't think he's smart enough, but have no doubt that there are people in the Liberal party who are that crafty.

Discuss or not.

Feb. 24, 2022, 12:48 p.m.

We all know someone ;) who thot this was going to be a big moment in Canadian history but it crumbled pretty fast in retro spect, hindsite was something which they didnt have at the time BUT what else was going to happen ?

I think the emergency measures was necessary, the city of Ottawa let the occupation get entirely out of control so it took a revamp of city hall, firing the police chief, firing members of the police board police, I am not sure how else to call in members from 7 forces to put down the occupation, don't forget the Truckers had also closed the ambassador bridge costing the economy hundreds of millions per day how about the armed insurrectionists with a bunch of guns at Coutts so the situ really did look like an emergency to me at the time

it is really amazing that nobody got killed

The Con baiting idea is pretty deep conspiracy, i think the CPC are entirely able to trip over their own dicks

a talking head being interviewed a few days ago said Trudeau had a 13% dissaproval when he started and its up to 30%, I think he could still win in 25 becuz the cons are just so bad and I don't see anyone to save the cons

Last edited by: XXX_er on Feb. 24, 2022, 12:51 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Feb. 24, 2022, 1:21 p.m.

I don't love Trudeau but think of him as our least bad option. I think he handled the convoy OK - the police/military couldn't just run in guns blazin' when the protesters intentionally brought kids and I'm sure intel suggested weapons on site too. What else could have really gone differently?

Feb. 24, 2022, 1:56 p.m.

Trudeau won't likely run again. He'll shuffle off into the sunset. He runs out this term and the Liberals run someone new (Freeland has been the one mentioned several times).

Feb. 24, 2022, 1:59 p.m.

Trudeau makes some really boneheaded moves, but I am not sure what the right play would have been here.  I think he should have stopped with the Nazi talk and recognized that there are a lot of regular people in support of the convoy, but at the end of the day how does the PM "end the mandates"?  The only one in fed control is that you need a vaccine to get in to the country but all countries have that and will for the foreseeable future.  I would like to see how many people fold to the vax once they watch their families head off to Cancun without them.

Feb. 24, 2022, 3:18 p.m.

Had Trudeau busted shit up in week one, it would have looked heavy handed. He waited until these people had shown their asses and then gently gave them the boot once their support had eroded.

Feb. 24, 2022, 5:50 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

Trudeau won't likely run again. He'll shuffle off into the sunset. He runs out this term and the Liberals run someone new (Freeland has been the one mentioned several times).

this^^ Freeland is probably the most electable liberal, more so than Trudeau, who knows if buddy is gona run, he doesnt really need the money

Feb. 24, 2022, 5:51 p.m.

Posted by: Schnickelfritz

Had Trudeau busted shit up in week one, it would have looked heavy handed. He waited until these people had shown their asses and then gently gave them the boot once their support had eroded.

“Gently” being a key word. I hope all who think the liberals are turning Canada into a communist country are watching how a real communist government deals with protesters. You won’t see any children out there either.

Feb. 24, 2022, 6:10 p.m.

I think the conspiracy theories are just conspiracy theories, i don't think there was any clue on HOW or any ability TO bust up the party until they got 1500 cops on the ground

put down the pipe

Last edited by: XXX_er on Feb. 24, 2022, 6:12 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Feb. 24, 2022, 6:17 p.m.

I think with the funding coming from wealthy amerikan (foreign) mouthbreathers/instigators he had to impose the act.