Convoy

Jan. 29, 2022, 3:10 p.m.

Some of the leaders of this protest are talked about here. Vice isn't always a great source, but this piece seems to be more than half-way legit at least. Kinda the same for the other article that follows.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvnd34/mps-told-to-hide-from-anti-vaxxer-trucker-convoy-by-parliament-security-chief

https://www.antihate.ca/the_freedom_convoy_is_nothing_but_a_vehicle_for_the_far_right

Jan. 29, 2022, 3:20 p.m.

I figure we're nearing the tail end of the pandemic already. I reckon these Bernier nut swingers will claim victory once the restrictions and mandates are lifted in due time.

So far they are free to assemble a nation wide protest, free to mock and intimidate our elected officials, free to travel across the country during a pandemic, free to crowd source funding for their cause, free to spread their "alternative facts".. So what's the big deal?

Last edited by: Madman on Jan. 29, 2022, 4:02 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 29, 2022, 3:26 p.m.

As a vaccinated person, I can do almost anything I want. It has also allowed me to get a federal government job with a pension, in part due to my vaccination status. I'm enjoying all this freedom lol

Jan. 29, 2022, 3:38 p.m.

Classy: https://twitter.com/S_Thornton_332/status/1487518296668721153?t=8GvMnw-HTYtoyHvpy5NSnA&s=19&fbclid=IwAR3VIlH_VzWBS-Mut4Vb_4riJnqgQ87Bt9jPYE2N34ImrNGmiNs1S_SYv_Q

Jan. 29, 2022, 5:48 p.m.

Posted by: Madman

I figure we're nearing the tail end of the pandemic already. I reckon these Bernier nut swingers will claim victory once the restrictions and mandates are lifted in due time.

So far they are free to assemble a nation wide protest, free to mock and intimidate our elected officials, free to travel across the country during a pandemic, free to crowd source funding for their cause, free to spread their "alternative facts".. So what's the big deal?

They are free... freedumb

Jan. 29, 2022, 5:54 p.m.

Posted by: Madman

They're free to complain and do absolutely nothing constructive to help their situation and then cry about being oppressed

Jan. 29, 2022, 6:32 p.m.

Mad because they turned off her facebook. Who are they? The government?

https://www.reddit.com/r/oddlyterrifying/comments/sfjvps/angry_canadian_threatens_the_government/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Last edited by: bux-bux on Jan. 29, 2022, 6:57 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 30, 2022, 7:23 a.m.

The RCMP spent 9M on Fairy Creek protesters not wanting old growth forests to be cut down, let the RCMP give the same treatment to these whiny assholes.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Jan. 30, 2022, 7:25 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 30, 2022, 10:39 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

The RCMP spent 9M on Fairy Creek protesters not wanting old growth forests to be cut down, let the RCMP give the same treatment to these whiny assholes.

Sure hope so, the lack of respect is unbelievable. Now that said, I’ve seen larger crowds leaving Roger’s arena than what is on the hill right now.

Jan. 30, 2022, 10:53 a.m.

Should have a pro vax rally/ hwy 1 blockade next time a monster truck rally or nickleback concert is happening.

Jan. 30, 2022, 11:43 a.m.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/1/28/why-are-anti-vaccine-canadian-truckers-converging-on-ottawa?fbclid=IwAR2wnIBKkAA5JWRi2hKXXSb7AilAI7virgDyOYKdEMKLnLW4mmFqSMg4TWA

This is a better read of the situation IMO ^^ its a rally that was not condoned by the Canadian tuckers alliance or the saskatchewan truckers alliance, it was organized by the far right whacko-nutjobs

Erin-the-tool ( who is likely done) was stupid enough to meet with them, Trudeau was smart enough not to meet with them, since he has a mandate for another term what would be the point cuz there is actualy no politcal points to be made having anything to do with this fragmented bunch of the disenfranchised especialy if something goes sideways

And why go to Ottawa at colder than -20 when parliament is even not sitting ?

So all them elected types are sitting at home watching it on the CBC like you and me thinking what a bunch of losers with nothing to lose, the crowds in the pict are probably even < at Trumps inauguration

its a huge nothingburger

Last edited by: XXX_er on Jan. 30, 2022, 11:47 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 30, 2022, 5:17 p.m.

About the most noteworthy things these trucovidiots have accomplished is climbing all over and generally desecrating the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and blocking up a bunch of emergency access routes in Ottawa. Oh, and physically attacking a homeless person and a salvation army volunteer. A bunch of the trucovidiots thought it was a great idea to get free food meant for the homeless, and got violent when they were turned away.

But yeah, I value their opinion and shit.

Jan. 30, 2022, 5:24 p.m.

"If you wanted to alienate the largest number of Canadians in the shortest amount of time, you couldn’t do much better than defacing a Terry Fox statue with an inverted Canadian flag and your political propaganda. Well, unless you used the cenotaph at the National War Memorial as a campsite and restroom, and literally danced on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. And, of course, it’s hard to imagine that many were thrilled to see both the swastika and the confederate flag flying on Parliament Hill. At least there wasn’t any violence."

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2022/01/30/opinion/trucker-rally-disaster-conservatives-canada

Jan. 30, 2022, 5:28 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/1/28/why-are-anti-vaccine-canadian-truckers-converging-on-ottawa?fbclid=IwAR2wnIBKkAA5JWRi2hKXXSb7AilAI7virgDyOYKdEMKLnLW4mmFqSMg4TWA

This is a better read of the situation IMO ^^ its a rally that was not condoned by the Canadian tuckers alliance or the saskatchewan truckers alliance, it was organized by the far right whacko-nutjobs

Erin-the-tool ( who is likely done) was stupid enough to meet with them, Trudeau was smart enough not to meet with them, since he has a mandate for another term what would be the point cuz there is actualy no politcal points to be made having anything to do with this fragmented bunch of the disenfranchised especialy if something goes sideways

And why go to Ottawa at colder than -20 when parliament is even not sitting ?

So all them elected types are sitting at home watching it on the CBC like you and me thinking what a bunch of losers with nothing to lose, the crowds in the pict are probably even < at Trumps inauguration

its a huge nothingburger

Lol. That artical would have you believe more trucks showed up here than ran through kingston.

For the record, 185 trucks here, at least twice as many pickups and cars. Nearly 300 trucks by the time they met up with the houston rally.

Also, i abhor any racist bullshit,but the claims being made in mainstream media havent shown a lick of evidence that ive seen. 

Yes, there have been a small contingent of retards doing their finest work, but the majority of people involved in this are regular joes like you and I.

This is Canada. Today. It needs to be fixed . Now.

Jan. 30, 2022, 5:46 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

This is Canada. Today. It needs to be fixed . Now.

Specifics of what needs to be fixed?

Or is it just easier to do some generic sabre rattling and call it a day.