Convoy

Feb. 10, 2022, 3:12 p.m.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it is suspending production through Saturday at its plants in Ontario and Kentucky due to supply issues stemming from trucking protests

Saving the economy, one blockade at a time.  I hope your former employers never hire you back.

Last edited by: heckler on Feb. 10, 2022, 3:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 10, 2022, 6:37 p.m.

I think if some of the more unsavory members of the UAW could only meet with the truckers things could be solved

Feb. 10, 2022, 7:42 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I think if some of the more unsavory members of the UAW could only meet with the truckers things could be solved

I've been a fan of the idea of two year commercial license suspensions for intentionally blocking roadways. See how these guys like flipping burgers.

Feb. 10, 2022, 11:17 p.m.

I don't know.  That Seabass is a pretty tough guy.

Feb. 10, 2022, 11:44 p.m.

Posted by: switch

I don't know.  That Seabass is a pretty tough guy.

"Kick his ass, Seabass!"

Feb. 11, 2022, 9:28 a.m.

my niece & her husband taught school in those places where the factories are and they tell me its a rough place

Feb. 11, 2022, 9:39 a.m.

Pass the popcorn.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-announcement-ontario-protests-1.6347810

Hoping these dipshits attempt a general strike and realize that their numbers are tiny.

Feb. 11, 2022, 10:16 a.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

Pass the popcorn.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-announcement-ontario-protests-1.6347810

Hoping these dipshits attempt a general strike and realize that their numbers are tiny.

I suspect the convoy is going to regret blocking the border crossings. Clogging up the area around Parliament hill and annoying people with constant noise pollution is one thing, once you start hitting those corporate pocketbooks the end is nigh.

"Fines for non-compliance will be severe, with a maximum penalty of $100,000 and up to a year imprisonment. We will also provide additional authority to consider taking away the personal and commercial licences of anyone who doesn't comply with these orders."

Feb. 11, 2022, 10:34 a.m.

Posted by: Schnickelfritz

Pass the popcorn.

I suspect the convoy is going to regret blocking the border crossings. Clogging up the area around Parliament hill and annoying people with constant noise pollution is one thing, once you start hitting those corporate pocketbooks the end is nigh.

"Fines for non-compliance will be severe, with a maximum penalty of $100,000 and up to a year imprisonment. We will also provide additional authority to consider taking away the personal and commercial licences of anyone who doesn't comply with these orders."

They lifted the mandates in Alberta and the blockade said they are staying until Trudeau resigns. So this is a coup? The arrests are going to start happening and violence is on the menu, too bad it's going this way.

Feb. 11, 2022, 10:35 a.m.

Posted by: Schnickelfritz

Pass the popcorn.

I love how fast the Conservatives who were celebrating these idiots switched their tune once their donors started being impacted.

Whatever the case, when the tear gas starts to fly those fuckers better not put on a mask.

Feb. 11, 2022, 12:45 p.m.

I fear the three border closures and Ottawa situation will all end in violence. At this rate, what else could change the situation?  

You can’t just block a border until the PM and premiers resign. And even if that was what happened what kind of precedent is that to set?

It’s unlikely the “protesters “ will just turn tail and walk away now. What else is left?

Feb. 11, 2022, 1:32 p.m.

Posted by: mrbrett

I fear the three border closures and Ottawa situation will all end in violence. At this rate, what else could change the situation?  

You can’t just block a border until the PM and premiers resign. And even if that was what happened what kind of precedent is that to set?

It’s unlikely the “protesters “ will just turn tail and walk away now. What else is left?

I think that once there is a legitimate threat to their personal finances, they'll quickly pack up and head home. Drop some six figure fines, pull some licenses, and they'll scatter. When you're staring down the barrel of a lifetime flipping burgers and losing your livelihood, pandemic restrictions won't seem like a big deal. 

I get the sense though that they are sincerely convinced that law enforcement and a silent majority of Canadian's are behind them, hopefully it's financial, not physical repercussions that snap them back into some semblance of reality.

Feb. 11, 2022, 1:41 p.m.

Well, this is a little disturbing that our emergency infrastructure is so vulnerable to foreign interference. 

Ottawa police said Thursday that a significant amount of calls that “almost jammed” the city’s 911 phone system on Wednesday evening came from U.S. addresses.

“They were coming in from the United States,” Ottawa police chief Peter Sloly said in a news conference Thursday.

“Not exclusively, but significantly from United States addresses.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/8609284/ottawa-trucker-convoy-airport-disruptions/

Feb. 11, 2022, 3:05 p.m.

There are now rumors of a flotilla/naval blockade of some ports.

Considering the organizers are linked to soros, what should their consequences be ? If most of you endorse huge fines and life changing confiscation of livelihood (cdl's), what should happen to those got this started? Life imprisonment and surrendering their contact info?

Feb. 11, 2022, 3:12 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Whatever the case, when the tear gas starts to fly those fuckers better not put on a mask.

Love it.