Connecticut School Shooting ?

Dec. 17, 2012, 7:46 p.m.

I did post a link first. I called you a dink because you stated they don't need money because it's a community of rich people. Don't know too many rich teachers, especially dead ones.

So why post a receipt?

No I said they're making far more than me right now. I should have said, I need it more than
them right now (money that is).

anyone that knows Zed will know that couldn't be further from the truth

there's no harm in showing some compassion and trying to help to some people that really need it right now.

That may be true, but the receipt thing just rubbed me the wrong way I guess. Anyone who
knows me knows I care and do what I can in all sorts of ways. I don't broadcast them or
post my receipts. It's like posting how much you make.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 17, 2012, 7:50 p.m.

So why post a receipt?

No I said they're making far more than me right now. I should have said, I need it more than

I know I'd have a hard time going to work right now if my child had been murdered.

Dec. 17, 2012, 7:53 p.m.

or alternatively, say nothing at all.

Dec. 17, 2012, 7:54 p.m.

but the receipt thing just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

it's just you, let it go

Dec. 17, 2012, 8:01 p.m.

Kn, can you tell me why only 2 people died in the recent shooting in a Portland mall, rather than 20 or 30?

Sample size of one, Mr. Masters Candidate.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 17, 2012, 8:16 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s

Kn.

I don't understand Americans.
881,034 views 2,049 thumbs up 20,085 thumbs down

And then this gentleman speaks up, apparently God is angry with us…

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/17/tennessee-pastor-mass-shootings-because-schools-teach-evolution-and-how-to-be-a-homo/

Dec. 17, 2012, 8:17 p.m.

2nd Amendment:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not just about guns. It is about arms, or weapons of war. The British had barred colonists from owning arms: including swords, muskets, cannons, warships. The 2nd amendment provides the right of the people to be armed to overthrow an oppressive government. It initially covered ALL WEAPONS of war. You have to remember this was a completely different time. At this time, only land owners could vote. The moneyed class ran the country, while the majority of people were indentured servants. A musket was prohibitively expensive for the average person, costing something like 50% of the average man's annual salary.

The U.S. Military is the most powerful in the world. If the US were oppressing it's people to the point where insurrection is the only option, does anyone honestly think that AR15's are all we would need to successfully take them down? It's a joke. Our military has tanks, body armor, chemical weapons, nukes, missiles, attack helicoptors and so on. IMO, the current wording has no relevance to the current day. Explosives are highly regulated. Knives, swords, and bayonets have stricter regulations than guns do.

The interpretation of the 2nd amendment has changed dramatically over the years. I won't attempt to go into exhaustive detail, as many, many books have been written on the subject but will point out a few key changes over the years:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act of 1934. Ban on machine guns and sawed off shotguns, "gangster weapons" as a response to the lawlessnes of prohibition 1920s. They were was a push to ban handguns at the same time…. it's interesting to note that this law came AFTER prohibition had been repealed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Control_Act_of_1968
Response to assasinations of JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcolm X.

Crime control act of 1990. Barred semi-auto assault rifles. This is the ban that Bush Jr. let expire. The assault rifle used in this most recent killing was purchased legally, after the act had been let expire.

There have been a series of supreme court cases that have shaped out interpretation as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Hey look an American that actually gets the 2nd.. Have all the 1700s historically accurate "arms" you want.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 17, 2012, 9:15 p.m.

Wow this thread is likely the worst and most sad train wreck I've ever seen on this board.

Well done, NBR, well done.

Dec. 17, 2012, 9:32 p.m.

Why don't they just regulate bullet sales? Guns need bullets right?

Dec. 17, 2012, 9:38 p.m.

I'd be happy to see this thread wiped down to only the link Zed posted showing where to donate.

Rich or poor,many families just had their whole lives turned upside down. Right now it doesn't matter why this happened or why people have guns. Its time to grieve and reflect.

That is all.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 17, 2012, 10:54 p.m.

Why don't they just regulate bullet sales? Guns need bullets right?

Bullets are very easy to make. A hobbyist can even make bullets much better than can be bought in stores without too much extra effort.

(And can you imagine some wacko sitting over the loading press -that's what they're called- and fantasizing about shooting people while making ammunition? Scary)

www.vitalmtb.com

Dec. 18, 2012, 12:58 a.m.

I'd be happy to see this thread wiped down to only the link Zed posted showing where to donate.

Rich or poor,many families just had their whole lives turned upside down. Right now it doesn't matter why this happened or why people have guns. Its time to grieve and reflect.

That is all.

That's what they said at the last mass shooting. And the one before the. And the one before that. And the one before that…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 18, 2012, 6:20 a.m.

That's what they said at the last mass shooting. And the one before the. And the one before that. And the one before that…

….and all of those other incidents created the same bullshit circular gun control/mental health debates.

There are 3 basic things that I would like to see happen in North America and prehaps the rest of the world:

- assault rifles are unnecessary. no civilian ever needs more than 5 rounds in a gun, if you need more than that,you suck at hunting,go back to the range and dial your shot in.

-"sporting" handguns must not be kept in the home. The ranges should have lockups where you can keep your guns.

-Stop handing out antidepressants like candy. I was recently shocked to learn how many friends and family are on one drug or another….and thr truth is that they can be dangerous if their use is not monitored. look it up if you so please.

So where do we go from here?

Instead of arguing on message boards, how do we really start changing things?

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 18, 2012, 8:11 a.m.

…. how do we really start changing things?

Every American should look for an opportunity to ask a Canadian what they think about situation down there.
Then sit down and shut up for a few minutes and really listen to what is said.

Dec. 18, 2012, 8:19 a.m.

Every American should look for an opportunity to ask a Canadian what they think about situation down there.
Then sit down and shut up for a few minutes and really listen to what is said.

After reading this thread, that doesn't seem like a great idea.