congress woman shot

Jan. 9, 2011, 9:51 a.m.

So,

If buddy walked in there with a hammer,or a mean karate chop,and took a crapload of people out by hand…no gun…..would all you lefties be like, "Shit,that dude meant business"?

People killed people over ideas.Let that sink in before we all sit here and blame the tool he used to do the job.

This. Funny thing is, with the Tea Party movement and public statements that are more or less saturated with hatred and a demonization of the opposition, I think this incident does not come as a surprise.

Sarah Palin's website had the following statement: Do not retreat. Instead - reload! And it was about democrats who were in favor of the health insurance issue.

And yes, some may think my line of argumentation is futile and whatnot - but basically it is not about guns but about how ideas and certain attitudes were sold to the general public in the US….imho.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 9, 2011, 10:39 a.m.

I think I might go to walmart today and buy a ten pack of shotguns.

How does that make you FEEL? :lol:

Posting up an article like this and trying to pin it on the availability of guns seems like one of those stupid blanket statements that we all used to make when we were 15 years old and still semi-retarded.

I live in Texas and have never even held a loaded gun. But I know they are everywhere. You'd have to be one HUGE pussy to honestly be scared of guns just from hearing a story like this.

thinkin bout bikes

Jan. 9, 2011, 10:42 a.m.

^ If you want to kill people, you do not need a gun - although I could imagine it would be way easier. Although….wait, a lot of public shootings happen in the US….hmm…..is there maybe any relation between weird people and the availability of guns? Of course not.
Just because you have a hockey stick does not mean you beat someone to pulp, right?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 9, 2011, 10:51 a.m.

I dont really go to political rallies or demonstrations, or speakings, or anything like that. Maybe if I was crazy enough to go to those things, I might be crazy enough to be scared of guns. But by that time, I'd probably be the one with the gun :lol: j/k j/k

thinkin bout bikes

Jan. 9, 2011, 11:35 a.m.

Yes, because he can't say anything unless it matches your fucking opinion.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to enduramil again

Jan. 9, 2011, 11:41 a.m.

I think one of the biggest problems is the North American media that glamorize all the mass shootings and give these wackos their 15 minutes of fame. Watching the evening news is like watching a celebration of stupidity. Gun crime gets the top story and these losers with an inferiority complex get warped ideas about their chance to change the world.

Jan. 9, 2011, 11:47 a.m.

I think one of the biggest problems is the North American media that glamorize all the mass shootings and give these wackos their 15 minutes of fame. Watching the evening news is like watching a celebration of stupidity. Gun crime gets the top story and these losers with an inferiority complex get warped ideas about their chance to change the world.

I agree :clap:

thinkin bout bikes

Jan. 9, 2011, 11:56 a.m.

^ If you want to kill people, you do not need a gun - although I could imagine it would be way easier. Although….wait, a lot of public shootings happen in the US….hmm…..is there maybe any relation between weird people and the availability of guns? Of course not.
Just because you have a hockey stick does not mean you beat someone to pulp, right?

^This.

What's interesting to me is how few British politicians have been killed. For decades they used at street corners stand on wooden crates. And with the people at close quarters explain the to them why they should vote for him. Way less security then the US. Yet no one is taking pot shots at them.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 9, 2011, 12:32 p.m.

^This.

What's interesting to me is how few British politicians have been killed. For decades they used at street corners stand on wooden crates. And with the people at close quarters explain the to them why they should vote for him. Way less security then the US. Yet no one is taking pot shots at them.

I think its because instead of shooting the politician, they go home and shoot themselves….

Im not even sure if im joking or not :/

Isnt the suicide rate notably higher in some areas of europe than it is in the states?

thinkin bout bikes

Jan. 9, 2011, 12:43 p.m.

This might actually the the most ironic post ever on NSMB.

win's

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 9, 2011, 3:04 p.m.

Guess we better ban college's next.

Posted via Mobile Device

Bah! So you really,truly believe you need one of those fancy things before every S eh?

Jan. 9, 2011, 7:30 p.m.

The shooters Utube channel….

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10#p/u

From what I've read it can't be viewed in the u.s.

the dude was (is) a mess…

Jan. 9, 2011, 7:33 p.m.

Posted via Mobile Device

Bah! So you really,truly believe you need one of those fancy things before every S eh?

Whatever annoys' you's ze abolutes's moste'ss.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 9, 2011, 7:41 p.m.

Whatever annoys' you's ze abolutes's moste'ss.

I don't care about your pronunciation too much but what gets me is you are constantly forgeting to type certain words so your posts always have words missing.

For decades they used at street corners stand on wooden crates. And with the people at close quarters explain the to them why they should vote for him.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 9, 2011, 8:03 p.m.

Last time I checked, a gun had never been charged with shooting someone. Guns don't shoot people, people do.

flickr