Computer gurus for the love of god please help!

March 7, 2003, 10:50 p.m.

Ok well my comuter wont start up. Heres what happens. I turn it on and it all seems normal but then it goes into the waring screen that says "Your computer didnt start normally last time" (which it did). It then proceeds to give me some options (safe mode, normal etc) so I choose one (ive tried them all and the same thing happens no matter what) so it gets the the Windows XP Professional loading page and does that a bit when all of a sudden BAM it restarts and does the same thing all over again. And itll keep doing this untill I turn it off. Any ideas on whats wrong? Cause im lost as to what to do. :(

you sound like a jerk!

March 7, 2003, 11:27 p.m.

something in the software. what it might be i dont know.
i would call microsoft and ask whats up surely this happened before to somebody.
smells like you need to reinstall your windows though.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

March 7, 2003, 11:31 p.m.

shiznit just when I got windows working the way I liked it.

you sound like a jerk!

March 7, 2003, 11:37 p.m.

sometimes when i have problems, they dont go away unless i pull the plug on the comp and then fire it up again.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight D. Eisenhower "The Chance for Peace" 1953

March 7, 2003, 11:40 p.m.

yeah i tried that but no worky. Im pissed id better not lose all my files. I havnt backed up in ages cause my brother took the burner :(

you sound like a jerk!

March 7, 2003, 11:43 p.m.

yeah, it sounds fubard, I'll look into it tomorow when I'm half awake

March 7, 2003, 11:55 p.m.

same kind of thing happens to me, except its kind of different…….every time i restart no matter what if i hit start shutdown shutdown or restart it always does that balablabal you didnt shut down windows proplerly stupiid thing. last time it happened i got SO MAD that i PUNCHED THE MOUSE PAD :O

March 7, 2003, 11:57 p.m.

put in your windows CD when you restard windows,

http://bigbadburt.deviantart.com/

March 8, 2003, midnight

Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
same kind of thing happens to me, except its kind of different…….every time i restart no matter what if i hit start shutdown shutdown or restart it always does that balablabal you didnt shut down windows proplerly stupiid thing. last time it happened i got SO MAD that i PUNCHED THE MOUSE PAD :O

but ur computer will actually start up yeah? mine wont. :(

you sound like a jerk!

March 8, 2003, 12:01 a.m.

Originally posted by bigbadburt
put in your windows CD when you restard windows,

who? me? nah im format tomorrow….

sister go on comp: WHAT THE :censored: HAPPENED TO MY 5 GIGS OF MUSIC WHAT THE :censored: BRENDAN YOU :censored:TARD IM GONAN KILL YOU
me: (sneaks out back door) muahha…muahahha!

March 8, 2003, 12:14 a.m.

Well you obviously know more than I do about computers, but that smae thing happened to me last year. I took it in and it was the result of a virus. Had to reinstall everything…..hope it's something different, I just remember the whole safe mode thing. Neither option worked and I ended up just giving up and sending it to a shop.

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

March 8, 2003, 12:15 a.m.

ahhh shiete :(

you sound like a jerk!

March 8, 2003, 12:21 a.m.

Didn't cost too much if that's any consolation. It was apparently pretty easy to diagnose and I reinstalled everything on my own…..Sorry man, that sucks

~Epictetus

March 8, 2003, 12:26 a.m.

Could be a hardware issue. I'm kinda drunk reight now, but check your bios. If you don't know what you're supposed to do, i'll check back ain the minring.

This space intentionally left blank.

March 8, 2003, 12:34 a.m.

the "minring", huh?:D

~Epictetus