Comox area real estate lawyers

May 5, 2016, 8:57 a.m.

Hoping to get some help in finding a real estate lawyer in Comox area.

Looking to purchase a house in Comox and through a couple interesting turns we may have found a private sale. As we will not be completing the transaction through a realtor I wanted to get a real estate lawyer to ensure we correctly complete all the needed paper work.

Any suggestions or recommendations.

thx
J

May 5, 2016, 10:24 a.m.

We used Paul Ives at Ives Burger when we bought our place.

http://www.ivesburgerlaw.com/comox-valley-lawyers.php

May 5, 2016, 10:39 a.m.

Okay I admit it … at first glance, I though that would be a combination burger joint/law firm. Which wouldn't be too surprising in that neck of the woods.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 5, 2016, 10:42 a.m.

Good to know. You were happy with the service provided. Was you place purchased through a realtor or private sale.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the lawyer services.

thx

May 5, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

Same here for both places I've bought in the Valley.

viperfunk.com

May 5, 2016, 12:15 p.m.

Should have also asked about any good property/home inspectors.

Any names / references for house inspector preference with those that have a Wett certification for the all in one house / fireplace inspection.

May 5, 2016, 12:46 p.m.

Only place I go - best price and professional service.

Also - you get to hire the Mayor of Comox - ha!

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

May 5, 2016, 1:52 p.m.

Good to know. You were happy with the service provided. Was you place purchased through a realtor or private sale.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the lawyer services.

thx

Yeah, we were happy with Paul. Nice guy. We bought through a realtor.

I believe at the end of the day it was less than $1000, but it was three years ago and we did purchase plus improvements on our mortgage so there was a couple of trips to the lawyers office etc.

May 5, 2016, 2:01 p.m.

Should have also asked about any good property/home inspectors.

Any names / references for house inspector preference with those that have a Wett certification for the all in one house / fireplace inspection.

You should totally hire Olaf, the dude that did the inspection on our place, "All around Home Inspections" the selling realtors hate him because he's so thorough. Infrared cameras and the whole nine yards.

http://www.allaroundinspections.ca/about.html

His list of deficiencies was basically our 'to do' list when we moved in hahaha.

May 5, 2016, 2:08 p.m.

Great info. Thanks

May 7, 2016, 3:26 p.m.

Aniel Dattoo at Swift Datoo is a great guy and good lawyer. real estate conveyance is pretty simple stuff. boring billable hours for these guys. however, if the property in question has something weird about the title, you want a detailed oriented conveyancer that's for sure.

May 7, 2016, 3:30 p.m.

are you new to the Comox Valley? if you're going to be livin in Comox, you'll be riding (making assumptions here) a lot in Cumberland. awesome riding, great lil' town, epic fun. but brace yourself for the insufferable hip factor and the inevitable outsider status since you're now a rich guy living in Comox. even if you aren't. Cumberland is the new Tofino if you haven't heard and Whistler is that away (pointing hand with middle finger)

May 9, 2016, 7:38 a.m.

are you new to the Comox Valley? if you're going to be livin in Comox, you'll be riding (making assumptions here) a lot in Cumberland. awesome riding, great lil' town, epic fun. but brace yourself for the insufferable hip factor and the inevitable outsider status since you're now a rich guy living in Comox. even if you aren't. Cumberland is the new Tofino if you haven't heard and Whistler is that away (pointing hand with middle finger)

Well it's a done deal. Signed the papers yesterday, purchased the house. Longer closing date to allow current owners enough time to move into their house that is being built.

Won't actually be living the house, my sister in-law will be in the place. So I won't have to worry about being mistaken for the rich guy living in Comox. Quite funny actually, I have old vehicles, wear old clothes (jeans, shorts, t-shirts … a golf shirt is dressing up), I don't think I would stand out in Comox.

I have done some riding in Cumberland and a few spots on the Island, what I have tried has been fantastic, just need to do more of it.

Will need to do a little work on the place to get the suite back in order as the current owners had changed out the house from when it did have a suite so that they could use the whole house. Will do some of the work myself but will need to find local trades for some plumbing and electrical work.

Any suggestions?

May 10, 2016, 2:41 p.m.

brace yourself for the insufferable hip factor and the inevitable outsider status since you're now a rich guy living in Comox. even if you aren't. Cumberland is the new Tofino if you haven't heard and Whistler is that away (pointing hand with middle finger)

Jeez I live right in Dodge and don't get that vibe at all. Any new people myself or anyone I know in Dodge run into get a warm welcome and any trail directions they might need. Most locals I know don't want that kind of reputation at all and strive towards community building.

viperfunk.com

May 10, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

Mind if I ask what the average house goes for in Comox Valley?

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.