cold beer hot summer

July 14, 2015, 10:06 a.m.

haven't tried that yet. usually avoid pilsners, but 4w is firing on all cylinders; may have to give it a go.

It is really good. If you're into the growler thing, I like the Bridge Kolsch or the Powell Street Grisette. Estrella is probably my favourite when it comes to a tall boy.

July 14, 2015, 10:32 a.m.

At risk of causing an innerweb implosion, I have to say that my favourite hot day chill out drink is Strongbow dry cider. Not your typical, sugary cider drink but a manly beverage that still refreshes.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 14, 2015, 11:21 a.m.

At risk of causing an innerweb implosion, I have to say that my favourite hot day chill out drink is Strongbow dry cider. Not your typical, sugary cider drink but a manly beverage that still refreshes.

I can get behind cider. Wife and I have been really enjoying Central City's Hopppin' Mad cider.

July 14, 2015, 11:26 a.m.

Four Winds are killing it. Had the Saison at a BBQ last night, very tasty. I'm one of those guys that likes IPAs but I've been trying to get away from them to more balanced flavours and lower ABV's this summer.

July 14, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

Oh yeah, on a warm evening when the sun has just tucked itself in behind some trees, and that big platter of nachos appears…

Side note: I was told by an Englishman that Strongbow is what they give away free at grocery stores with purchase of diapers ["nappies" he called them]. Does Strongbow have a bad rap in the UK?

Ride: Ibis Mojo HD
Club: CMBA
Talent: None
:beer::canada:

July 14, 2015, noon

I'm one of those guys that likes IPAs but I've been trying to get away from them to more balanced flavours and lower ABV's this summer.

that's me as well. think i've got hop fatigue. all about the saisons [HTML_REMOVED] sours currently.

July 14, 2015, 12:11 p.m.

Sometimes when I feel girly I like the parallel 49 tricycle radler, or the tree brewing one. theyre pretty delicious and refreshing

Postmarks west coast ale come good when its hot out as well. the beers gotta be cold though.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 14, 2015, 1:05 p.m.

Sours are going to shine in the near future methinks.

viperfunk.com

July 14, 2015, 1:49 p.m.

speaking of 4w [HTML_REMOVED] sours, just tried a tequila barrel aged berliner at the tap room. stuff is really good. more sour than the regular berliner, with great tequila aromatics. kind of a beergarita thing. will be out in bottles in a couple weeks.

July 14, 2015, 6 p.m.

Sometimes when I feel girly I like the parallel 49 tricycle radler, or the tree brewing one. theyre pretty delicious and refreshing

I had a Tricycle for the first time a couple of weeks ago while watching the races at Hastings Park on a blazing hot day. It was better than I was expecting, and definitely refreshing. Would not want to drink more than a couple or three though.

I've been getting into Pilsners in the hot weather. Bomber's and Russell Eastern Promises, mostly.

VIB Black Betty Blackberry Saison is a pretty good deck beer on a hot day.

July 14, 2015, 6:32 p.m.

Postmarks west coast ale come good when its hot out as well. the beers gotta be cold though.

I had a Tricycle for the first time a couple of weeks ago while watching the races at Hastings Park on a blazing hot day. It was better than I was expecting, and definitely refreshing. Would not want to drink more than a couple or three though.

I've been getting into Pilsners in the hot weather. Bomber's and Russell Eastern Promises, mostly.

Bought a 6er of those fuckers last summer. Couldn't figure out why nothing was happening. Pretty darn good and NOT a Palm Bay:ohthedrama:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 14, 2015, 7:02 p.m.

I tried that out when I was working in Victoria last week. Tasty.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 16, 2015, 2:25 p.m.

Savoring a cold par 49 apricot sour beer now.
Gets better with every sip.
Usually i stay away from flavoured beers.
tried a How Sound blue berry beer. The flavours just did not combine to my satisfaction.
Now Par 49 has a sour cherry beer. Kriek beer?
Any one bold enuf to try it?
I've had the Belgian Kriek beer. Its delicious.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

July 16, 2015, 2:34 p.m.

I have downed a few Piper's lately. Tastes good when the weather is hot.

July 17, 2015, 9:34 p.m.

So Tsingtao is doing a summer promotion where every bottle you buy has a 1 in 3 chance of winning a free beer if you look under the bottlecap. Somebody at the factory must be fucking up though because I found the odds to be much higher than 1 in 3.

It all started with a six pack:

That six pack got me four free beers, those four free beers got me three more, those three got me one, that one got me another one then the train of free beer came to an end.

I got 15 beers for the price of six. As for the beer itself it's not so good but it's not bad either. It's pretty light, 4%, but it's crisp and refreshing.

www.natooke.com